Trade In strategy

dots1031dots1031 Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
one strategy I have found usefully is to not trade in players that are 4 or 4.5 stars or better, and lock them on your account. When bonuses come for a team, you can adjust your lineup to maximize your contribution bonus. Might take longer to level up your guys but I find it to be worth it. 

What so do you guys think about this strategy? 

Comments

• WickedWookieWickedWookie Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    That's what I do.
  • Forsakencowboy15Forsakencowboy15 Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    That's what I do to start.  Since now my team is 5* and I've started having inactive 5* players, now I only keep 5 or 4.5*.  Same theory really. 
  • Spyder1Spyder1 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    I do the same thing, until i have enough 5 star players, i keep 4.5 star right now.
  • BayouGatorsBayouGators Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Same, stockpile good bonus players 
  • chelseayankeeschelseayankees Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    To add to this....I only keep players in good teams.  Got rid of kiermier since the rays will probably never be a bonus team
  • JohnnyRayJohnnyRay Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Great suggestion guys thanks 
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    I dont keep multiple guys from one team. Example, when i got 4 Yankees that are all 5star, ill trade some in. I try to stay diverse and strong so i always have a bonus guy.
    If xp were free, id save all my drafts. But doing it how i do, i usually finish top 1-5 every event. Its better then crushing it once a week. 
    At 1 point i had every Astro starting pitcher. When i realized it was a huge value to trade them in, i did just that. Now, no 2 pitchers of mine are from the same team. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • VancouverCanucksVancouverCanucks Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I stopped looking at star level... i weigh pretty heavily HIT for batters and STUFF for pitchers .In fact, when I know I need XP, I hope for high stars and LOW hit or stuff so I can trade them in without remorse. lol
  • sfgiants101sfgiants101 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    I lock all my 4 and above, but try not to keep to many from the same teams.
  • frenchrabbitfrenchrabbit Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I keep anything over 4.5 stars
  • PilgrimPilgrim Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Ok. Would someone please explain what the bonuses are about? How do you get them?
  • shearsy88shearsy88 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Pilgrim said:
    Ok. Would someone please explain what the bonuses are about? How do you get them?
    Every event has at least 1 team who will generate "bonus points" usually through hits but occasionally RBI's or strikeouts. These are in addition to the specific players from boxes.
  • GSonpointGSonpoint Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Pilgrim said:
    The bonuses can be found in News.  you have to open the text part of the app to find News to gather this information.
  • PilgrimPilgrim Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Thank you! It's interesting. Pardon the dumb question. But did you just see my post? That had to be 2-1/2 to 3 mo. a go. Seriously it's nice to get an answer. I had figured it out but anyway it was nice. 
  • BRAVES7972BRAVES7972 Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    I've traded numerous primes.. a 360 max prime with no skills is useless once u pass silver.. to expensive to level up.. I only keep players that are from gimmick boxes.
  • FiddyballgameFiddyballgame Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    490 players are bench riders this late in the game. 500 and up maybe. 510-525. Is the line up for my batters 
    I have all the Teddy’s! 
  • KCCardKCCard Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    I still keep boosted guys for weekend bonus. I’m getting ~50k a game today with just using old guys at 1.5k per rbi.  I’ll score over 10M without needing anyone from the boxes 
  • KCCardKCCard Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    That said..still hoping to get JD in the box
  • JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    I had 44 batters, and about 7 pitchers that have just been on my bench, I finally traded in 22 to take this weekends Trout to platinum 10.  Only a couple have ever been reused during weekly play.  I figure this close to 19’ I should just try to beef up what I’ve got.  
  • SupremewolfpackSupremewolfpack Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    That is exactly what I do except I only keep 5* players as my inactive list is maxed out. I usually have 1 to 3 team bonus players to work with each event except when a lousy team is select for which there are no players worth keeping in the inactive list. I don’t keep many relief pitchers as pitchers are rarely used as bonus players. 
    Definitely just dropped a lot of pitchers. 
    I hold on to all my weekend guys.  But I’m about to drop all of them except all of my Game Changers, in hopes they’ll do a final week/weekend with all of the 18’ GC.