Club vs club event- your reaction

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
Did you like it?  Yes or no and why?

I only got to play one match today (10th anniversary). I liked it, but can see it being frustrating at times. 

Comments

• SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    hTED it like walk off and slugger
  • kreeves5kreeves5 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    I wasn’t a big fan. All the pitchers I faced were so low rated the balls were just so slow coming in. Also not a big fan of having to wait until 11 am the next day to collect rewards. 
  • SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts

hTED it like walk off and slugger

err.. i meen nooo I LOVE IT !

glu make me vip now
  • scndrkscndrk Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Not a big fan . Only success I had was against hard throwing closer, even then you have to swing at close  pitches .  The last round I used gold every time  to get a better multiplier and had very little to show for it.  Few in my club had some decent results but I believe they were still silver teir
    Hopefully GLU gets some good data for this event and makes some adjustments. It will be nice element of the game if it's spread out over the whole week or maybe Monday through Thursday . 
  • YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    It’s a Glu gold buying trap. I didn’t like the idea of spending gold to get more plays . It allows the heavy spenders one more way to have the advantage . I did enjoy the change of pace but not a fan of another event with quirky mechanics like walkoff . How about it being more like the regular game mechanics . 
  • ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    I liked the idea, but it needs some work, seems like everyone had problems making good contacts, the only time I was doing good was when Kimbrel was on the mount. I also think you shouldn't be able to spend gold for more entries, because that gives a straight advantage to the Top Clubs with people who have more money to continue. Apparently the games won't be all during the same day in the next season, so i'm curious to see how it's gonna play out, but I definitely loved having more rewards during yesterday's Bonus Games event.
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Most people I have seen, either here or elsewhere, had a better time against higher rated pitchers. I used a 30% hit boost and wound up matched with Bartolo Colon. Very low pitcher. I crushed him for 11,500. Ended up that match with 20K. 

One thing I wish would change would be the ability to see the pitcher you are facing before deciding to use gold for a boost 
  • ctsykes17ctsykes17 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    I don't think gold should give more plays. Much like everyone else has stated it is a distinct advantage to top clubs that have gold to spend. Plus top 3 clubs get 750 for 2-3 and 1500 gold for top club which just gives them more fuel to do better for this event and widen the gap. Also, the teams that hack their way into doing well are always going to be at the top. Such was the case for my club yesterday. Our club is top 10 everyday and for this event we didn't even crack the top 300 even though for the bonus game event we finished 3rd. Also, it was impossible to hit anything because the pitchers were so low. One match up I got 4 hits total in 7 games played. Every other contact was either a fly out or a ground ball. Such was the case for most of the members of my club. Overall if you aren't willing to spend gold in this event then you will not do well.
  • ctsykes17ctsykes17 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    ctsykes17 said:

I don't think gold should give more plays. Much like everyone else has stated it is a distinct advantage to top clubs that have gold to spend. Plus top 3 clubs get 750 for 2-3 and 1500 gold for top club which just gives them more fuel to do better for this event and widen the gap. Also, the teams that hack their way into doing well are always going to be at the top. Such was the case for my club yesterday. Our club is top 10 everyday and for this event we didn't even crack the top 300 even though for the bonus game event we finished 3rd. Also, it was impossible to hit anything because the pitchers were so low. One match up I got 4 hits total in 7 games played. Every other contact was either a fly out or a ground ball. Such was the case for most of the members of my club. Overall if you aren't willing to spend gold in this event then you will not do well.

However I understand what Glu is doing. They are making it to where restart clubs can't happen. By making the rewards collectable when the next day's event starts it makes the top clubs decide whether or not to leave the rewards to restart or stay to collect the rewards. It is a pretty good idea to balance the play but most clubs besides the top ten in the club vs club that restart will restart and just forget the rewards. Such is the case with our club being outside the top 300 we just said forget the rewards and restarted. It is more beneficial for us to restart then it is for us to stay and collect the 200 prime xp and 200 regular xp.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I'm silver 4 in a club that usually finishes top 100 in most events...sometimes top 50, sometimes bottom 500 lol. We have what we think are decent teams but not powerhouses by any means. We compete in CvC and are in the below 1000 ranks (best ever finish yesterday at 1240). I won all 5 matchups as mvp/high round yesterday but not by using lots of gold. I will always use the video for extra play during the match and try to pick the right moment to do so. If I'm in a tight race with a competitor and I've got a good score going I'll probably also use the 50 gold extra play option as well, but very rarely have I used more than that. So given the gold cost for most things in this game, I don't think I'm spending much... max 100 gold per match. Oh, and i almost never use batting boosts....Since just before the All Star week I've been winning the majority of our matches, with the other strong member of our club sometimes winning a few. Here's the thing, we both struggle with WOH, with our best finishes at 5.9 (maybe 3 times for me and 1 time for him). I suck at slugfest but have been slowly improving and the other guy routinely cycles it. So in my opinion, there are just better events for some than for others and practice and player selection definitely helps. I have players that hit 350-400 regularly but in WOH or CvC they suck so I switch them out to a couple of inactives who do better. Hope that gives a different perspective on things.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    There is definitely a 'trick' to scoring lots of points without spending gold...I just don't know what it is. Whether I auto or manually play, I don't do nearly as well as guys with 'weaker' teams.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    I love C vs C and WoH. I am indifferent to slugger and Prime events.
  • rickeyhenderssonrickeyhendersson Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Autoplay shouldn’t be the way to win this game. 
  • eazybreezyeazybreezy Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    edited August 2018
    At first I didn't like it and my club didn't really get into it. But lately, half of my club now gets on board and our competition has been great! The prizes are great and that is what is getting folks on board. As the highest scorer, I sometimes don't play to give my other players a chance at the prizes. But when the competition is close, I jump on in! What I'm not liking though is the trend of players going solo. Some of them sneak up on us at the end and win but others as a team we manage to beat. But I must say that this game is now my favorite event. Walk off hero used to be but never completed. Would always end up a couple of strikes off before running out of gold to keep me going. This game gives everyone a chance to win something!
  • seven1treyseven1trey Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    I enjoy it a lot, but i need to get waaayyyy better at it. I normally can't score worth a crap and i get frustrated with it.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Autoplay shouldn’t be the way to win this game. 
    I do agree with this, but my team plays so much better in cvc than when I manually play. One solution may be to give a batting boost when playing manually, but Glu probably likes people spending their cash to autoplay to be honest. The more resources people spend on something like this, the less they have for upgrades or bonus games. I don’t know if anyone who actually spends money to get cash on this game, but a lot of time Glu is happy I’m sure spending the blue cash as opposed to people playing it for free
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Autoplay can get you 0 also... in fact for me it was almost always nada or maybe 20 points in the beginning... as my manual play scores have improved over time, so have the autoplay scores (but definitely 0 or close to 0 are still very prevalent with autoplay for me). I'll use autoplay once per set of match entries IF I'm completely dogging it or if there's not enough time left to manually play an entry... kind of a Hail Mary play for me. Autoplay exists in all facets of this game so I'm not sure it's right to say it shouldn't be the way to win in CvC... everyone uses whatever advantage they can to be successful in this game, whether it be financial resources, extended ability for playing time, recruiting strong club members, and sharing tips, info and advice in this forum as examples. If I lose a match in the last 2 mins from a competitor scoring big points "out of nowhere" I don't feel good either... definitely not as good if I do it to someone else lol. Regardless, I prefer improving my manual play and racking up big points if I can.
    It's all done with mirrors