Weekend mixed events - Prime/Walkoff/Slugfest

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
edited July 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
What are your thoughts on the following?

EDIT: Sorry the 1st image was the wrong one and only had half the events for Saturday & Sunday.
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    @Houmy I’m all for it. 3 days of the same thing gets old. When would this take effect?
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    I like the idea of having multiple events over the course of a weekend, but I feel the proposed time slots could be potentially problematic. Would the events continue over the course of 3 days (i.e. would it be the same Walkoff Hero event with saved progress over each of the three days?). If the events would not continue where the player left off the day before, then I feel there are some very off hours listed (i.e. 12 AM - 4 AM) where a majority of players may not able to play. Also, I feel the Slugfest/WOH windows would be far too small, as I often spend far more than 4 hours attempting to cycle those events. In summary, the overall concept is good, but in my opinion the time intervals would require a serious overhaul if the progress was not continued from day to day.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Bizymoney12 It's just a suggestion. Just want to see if there is any interest and if will get the GLU gods attention to consider implementing it. Did edit the post though as I posted the wrong image at first which did not have the second half of Saturday & Sunday.

@LonzoBallin this is just a suggestion for now and can be fine tuned. The idea of the progress being saved is a good one but you would not necessarily need to cycle Walkoff & Slugfest to get a prize at the end as the weekend event payout would be based on total club points so if you have a bonus player from the weekend box for Walkoff/Prime or Slugfest it is the bonus points they bring in that would count. There wouldn't have be a special player prize for Walkoff or Slugfest in this event, just the bonus points that you get with the bonus batters.

In that case, maybe saved progress would not be best, as if a member gets stuck on level 6-10 of Slugfest the first night, they may not be able to make any additional progress over the course of the next two days. I'm just a little confused about what the prizes would look like at the end of each level of Slugfest and WOH. We are used to the mindset of cycling the event and achieving the grand prize, but a restart each day in this case would be devastating, whereas not restarting could also prove to be problematic.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    @LonzoBallin the incentive for cycling would be the same as the normal events just without the players that you get in the normal weekday events. The sooner you cycle the sooner you can go through again to get more points. The main idea/inspiration behind this is that each club usually has players that are good at certain events and not as much at others and that way everyone can contribute and take ownership of a section of the event.

Understood. Perhaps they could add more prime and/or Legend VIP in lieu of the player awards for cycling WOH and Slugfest, as those types of XP are in very high demand but are quite difficult to accumulate this season.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    Prime/Legend XP would always be a welcomed addition and that could tie in to your progress idea. The more times you cycle overall over the course of the weekend the more XP you get on subsequent cycles. Of course all of this is just wishful thinking for now but GLU does have a suggestion section in the forums for a reason.

The weekend does get monotonous, so I feel a change such as the one proposed above would be welcomed by most members. However, GLU has already been improving in this department with the addition of the CVC event.
    Proud TSB VIP!