• Options
    Yankees917182Yankees917182 Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Maybe the 11th box will be the charm!
    Yankees917182/Diamond1/86k Strength
    "Leadership is more about what you do, not what you say." - Derek Jeter
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts

According to the odds the 40th box will be the charm o:)
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    42k followers reached! Nice work everyone. Can't wait to get my hands on that prime xp and 5 juicy prime boxes!!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

I bought 42 Prime boxes and have opened about 50 total. In the 41st I got a prime Braun. I am due. If I don't get on in these five I an going to go insane with a bunch of people getting Mookie last gift.
  • Options
    MacGruber said:

I bought 42 Prime boxes and have opened about 50 total. In the 41st I got a prime Braun. I am due. If I don't get on in these five I an going to go insane with a bunch of people getting Mookie last gift.
    You do realize there's a 2.5% chance of pulling a prime with any given pick, right?
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

Oh man only if that was true. I was on a 60+ legends box streak in 17 and didn't get a single one. I even emailed the VIP team asking if there was a secret cap on having a number of legends and that is why I wasn't getting any more legends :D
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options

MacGruber said:

You do realize there's a 2.5% chance of pulling a prime with any given pick, right?
    Ya and then I see guys in my club pulling 2 in 5 boxes, just looking for some luck.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    We had a guy get mookie twice from the free boxes. It does happen. I havent even got a 5s from the prime picks. Good thing I beat WOH every week and get my primes from there.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

We had a guy get mookie twice from the free boxes. It does happen. I havent even got a 5s from the prime picks. Good thing I beat WOH every week and get my primes from there.

Can't beat it yet. Can get to the second to last pretty easy, but never made it to the last guy. Just reset my hero to a switch hitter specializing in lefties and batting average. Here's hoping.
  • Options
    MacGruber said:

dkarski87 said:

Can't beat it yet. Can get to the second to last pretty easy, but never made it to the last guy. Just reset my hero to a switch hitter specializing in lefties and batting average. Here's hoping.
    Good plan resetting your legend to maximize your WOH benefits, but many of the late round pitchers have been righties lately, so specializing against righties may have been a better selection.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options

MacGruber said:

dkarski87 said:

Good plan resetting your legend to maximize your WOH benefits, but many of the late round pitchers have been righties lately, so specializing against righties may have been a better selection.
    You are right, I misspoke I specialized vs rhp (double checked, got a little scared) since every top batter I have is a righty.

Could really use another prime or two. I am silver and have about 150k prime exp.
  • Options
    MacGruber said:

MacGruber said:

dkarski87 said:

You are right, I misspoke I specialized vs rhp (double checked, got a little scared) since every top batter I have is a righty.

Could really use another prime or two. I am silver and have about 150k prime exp.
    Maybe you'll pick one up with the prime boxes coming our way from the 42k twitter followers.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Did this set go out yet or did they just reach the follower goal this morning? Just curious, could really use the prime exp more than anything else have 5 primes to feed it’s getting expensive lol.
  • Options

Did this set go out yet or did they just reach the follower goal this morning? Just curious, could really use the prime exp more than anything else have 5 primes to feed it’s getting expensive lol.

Goal was reached this morning, gifts have not yet been sent (think it's still very early morning in CA where GLU is located).
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    No gifts yet, probably working out yesterdays freezing issues still. Maybe we will get 10 boxes instead of 5 ;)... Heres hoping.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Thank you, will be a nice gift for a couple of my silver primes.
  • Options
    MacGruber said:

MacGruber said:

dkarski87 said:

Problem with custom legends is that they max at 330 while you could have higher max 5 stars on your roster and the WOH pitchers get tougher and tougher every week so I am not even using my legend any longer for any event and have him as inactive. If you have a 335 max switch hitter capped that would be your best bet. This Monday I tried to cycle 4 times using prime Judge capped at 182 and was unsuccessful and on the 5th try used my 335 max Lowrie that is a switch hitter capped at 156 and with the boost did it on the 1st try. Give it a try once if you have someone like that. and with the boost they would have the same if not higher total than the pitcher you'll be facing.

• Options
    Houmy said:

MacGruber said:

MacGruber said:

dkarski87 said:

Problem with custom legends is that they max at 330 while you could have higher max 5 stars on your roster and the WOH pitchers get tougher and tougher every week so I am not even using my legend any longer for any event and have him as inactive. If you have a 335 max switch hitter capped that would be your best bet. This Monday I tried to cycle 4 times using prime Judge capped at 182 and was unsuccessful and on the 5th try used my 335 max Lowrie that is a switch hitter capped at 156 and with the boost did it on the 1st try. Give it a try once if you have someone like that. and with the boost they would have the same if not higher total than the pitcher you'll be facing.
    I am silver. Top is prime Braun at 163, then Manny (Late Inning) 156, and Dansby 156 (then a bunch of 5s ~120). Last week I was able to get to Kimbrell (2nd to last) maybe like 5-6 times. I was able to tie twice, then lose in extras. Ugh I tied with zero outs on the 4th try and he only threw unhittable curves for 3 at bats.
  • Options
    I hear you. It does get frustrating on the last one and the fact that all your top guys are righties doesn't help the matter. All my top ones are righties too with the exception of 335 max Freeman. Had a POM Lindor for a while which did great in WOH but once his boost ended made him inactive too.