Options

Are primes dieing

jhambombsquadjhambombsquad Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
Is it really worth the effort to build regular primes? With the release of high rated non prime allstars I'm putting all my prime xp into Sluggers.

Thoughts??

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    They wont be offering them anymore after this week most likely. All star week is over. All star boxes are gone, 425 max primes are the next norm for the next little while. Wouldnt waste all your prime xp just on sluggers.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @jhambombsquad we still haven't seen signature primes yet and so you may want to save some XP for them down the road. They would probably be max 450 if not higher this year judging by last years versions and as @dkarski87 pointed out the All Star primes are gone although you can currently try your luck for two of them in the store. Here is a preview from a 2017 version just so you know what to look forward to.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    jhambombsquadjhambombsquad Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    Thanks guys...first year on this...this forum has helped a lot
  • Options
    @houmy, funny you showed that. I logged into my 17 account and had a welcome back gift waiting. 1000 gold. So I bough a legend pick a pulled a signature prime at 360 max. I think we can can expect the next POM to be a 455 max which can only mean 2 things. 1) The cap will be raised for primes as 455 POM will be make WOH easier if the players are only 425 max. Or they will introduce to low level legends into WOH around 450-465 range. POM have been going up each month and 445 is the next logical step up. Since we have only had 2 woh now with 425 max hitter we can assume atleast another 2-3 weeks of the same. When next months POM are released we will most likely see the cap rise on prime players. The standard has been set for regular roster players, 355 max has been standard for the last 3 weeks. But prime and legends will continue to move up.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @dkarski87 signature prime at 360? Who is it?

• Options
    Oops... nm Its the same guy you posted.. lol
    I thought it was 460. Wish I got him in 18 ... lol
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts

I'm putting all my prime xp into Sluggers.

Thoughts??

I personally think sluggers are a very good investment for the long run, I put a strong emphasis on home run derby from the get go and its paid off big time for me. Once you have 1 or 2 maxed prime sluggers you should be able to cycle pretty easy (atleast if you are silver or lower, Im silver so I can't speak for gold or higher, but my club does have gold guys that cycle) Between upgrading my regular team primes and my slugger primes and special skills I've used well over a million prime xp that I've gotten from HRD 18.5k XP per cycle and I never have to spend any gold on HRD.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Man, you guys got me excited about signature primes!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @DFBB, with your gold count.. You can buy 10 of them. lol
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @DFBB they are super good. I only had two in 2017 as they were not offered in WOH and I got mine from bonus batter event boxes and believe it or not they were actually consolation prizes as the main bonus batters were legends at that point.

• Options
    dkarski87 said:

@DFBB, with your gold count.. You can buy 10 of them. lol

I'm taking my shot at the Babe this weekend. It will go fast! :(
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    @DFBB...you spending gold? I will believe it when I see it.
  • Options
    rmouse511 said:

@DFBB...you spending gold? I will believe it when I see it.

Touche! LOL
  • Options
    @DFBB good luck with the babe.

• Options
    HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Slugfest remains the key to this game with all picks needing to be leveled from Bronze 1. Best way to get prime XP’s is to cycle on Wednesday. I went gold and can’t cycle, so my team building model is focused on POTW/M and weekend bonus players. I’ll never have that incredible all prime team - except in my inactives - but have a solid team nevertheless. 
  • Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    Husker said:
    Slugfest remains the key to this game with all picks needing to be leveled from Bronze 1. Best way to get prime XP’s is to cycle on Wednesday. I went gold and can’t cycle, so my team building model is focused on POTW/M and weekend bonus players. I’ll never have that incredible all prime team - except in my inactives - but have a solid team nevertheless. 
    C vs C is also a great way to get Prime and a legend XP. I ended up with 30k Prime XP and 5k Legend XP on Thursday alone.
  • Options
    HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Good point - trends in C vs C are players breaking into solo clubs or forgoing event rewards by doing the leaving and coming back thing to get more entries. Personally, I'm not a fan of C vs C because I think it destabilizes clubs, which would seem to be contrary to the purpose of the event. But life is fraught with examples of the law of unintended consequences.
  • Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    Husker said:
    Good point - trends in C vs C are players breaking into solo clubs or forgoing event rewards by doing the leaving and coming back thing to get more entries. Personally, I'm not a fan of C vs C because I think it destabilizes clubs, which would seem to be contrary to the purpose of the event. But life is fraught with examples of the law of unintended consequences.
    Yeah, I actually went solo to save money and play only in events I enjoyed. Winning as a solo C vs C was an unintended result.
  • Options
    Yankees917182Yankees917182 Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Husker said:
    Shhhhh you are telling everyone some of my secrets. Luckily I still have a few other tricks up my sleeves ;)
    Yankees917182/Diamond1/86k Strength
    "Leadership is more about what you do, not what you say." - Derek Jeter