Chipper box

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
edited August 2018 in General TSB Discussion
What does a braves fan have to do to get Chipper Jones? 3 boxes and got 3 pitchers. Two five stars that I don't need but at least pulled a prime on the 3rd one.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Prev1

Comments

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I figured you’d post something about this lol, still no luck?
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I don’t see a Chipper box. Was it a limited time offer?
  • SpivotSpivot Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I don’t see it either. Chipper would be awesome to have! 
  • AksysAksys Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Regretting that I didn’t try to go for Chipper. 
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    It was up for a little while in the middle of the night, then “poof.” If you weren’t prepared to pull the trigger right away the chance was gone. Given the timing, I think it might have been an error, but who knows.
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    Was it a mystery box that you could get for 2k gold or did was it a cash mystery box?
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    rmouse511 said:

Was it a mystery box that you could get for 2k gold or did was it a cash mystery box?

Cash mystery box popup last night. I believe it was $30.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Forsakencowboy15Forsakencowboy15 Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    I had him last year and he was a complete beast.  Didnt try $30 for 2.5% odds wasnt worth it to me
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    As @Husker said it may have been an error as the box was also called "Hicks Bundle" during checkout. @Haraycaray still no luck.

@Houmy I got the pop up and instantly went to global chat to see the hysteria that would ensue. Someone bought 12 boxes to get him. 😬
    @Haraycaray please tell me that they were at least able to get him after 12 boxes?

@Houmy yes lol they got him. 29.99 for 2.5% is preeeeetttty steep. I wonder when and if they’ll do pop ups for either legends or signatures to buy outright. 
    @Haraycaray I do regret buying 3 boxes myself but it being 3AM and me having had a few glasses of wine to "relax" I don't really blame myself. It was the devil's juice that made me do it  B)

@rmouse511 it popped up around 3AM EST under the announcements as well as the upgrades section of the team menu. And there were actually two tabs for it in the upgrades section. 

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Anyone grab a screen shot of his stats and max? Curious whats they offering. Also was 29.99 American for you guys? Usually when they offer the 19.99 special for me its 27.99 in Canadian dollars. Just wondering if anyone can verify the price they saw was in US dollars.

Thanks
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Anyone grab a screen shot of his stats and max? Curious whats they offering. Also was 29.99 American for you guys? Usually when they offer the 19.99 special for me its 27.99 in Canadian dollars. Just wondering if anyone can verify the price they saw was in US dollars. Thanks
    29.99 USD, and his max was 475 
    Dam yes that's too steep for my liking. But a solid switch hitting legend none the less.
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 other than him being the top brave to have, all due respect to Dale Murphy, the fact that he is a switch hitter is what I was going for. Would have been set for easier woh cycles.

Yea I dont blame you for trying, If I was up at that time and saw it I would have probably doing the exact same thing. But I think our luck has gone dry, we both pulled prime Bergman last weekend at 2.5% odds. That means we are not going to get another 2.5% pull for at-least 3 months ;)
    – The Great Houmy
  • BadpoorJBadpoorJ Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Hank Aaron would be the top Brave to have, then Chipper.
    @BadpoorJ while that is true I was actually referring to the ones GLU has released since the 17 version. Don't remember seeing Hank but I could be wrong. 

Chipper, Dale & Phil Niekro was all I saw in 17. Bought about 12 boxes in 17 trying to get Dale so that I could have all 3 with no luck.

• SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    i seen it ...but odds to low and i have no need for a regular 5 star
    edited July 2018
    Update: After buying the last box I noticed it saying "Hicks bundle" box and after I checked my playstore receipts it showed that I had purchased 3 of the "Hicks bundle" boxes. Started a ticked and CS got back to me shortly after. As it turns out they were not Chipper boxes at all, even though they were named as such, and rather Jordan Hicks and 150 helmets. They are escalating it to the the developers to see how they can rectify it.

Good catch @houmy, better get your money back. Thats no way the VIP of month should be treated.;)
    – The Great Houmy
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for the support @dkarski87 but to be fair that's no way any paying customer should be treated, VIP or not. It's too early for that though and I have confidence in GLU setting things right as they have always come through for me and in the instances of wrong boxes being received for others on the forums as well.

Yea I was just joking buddy, I am actually very pleased with how CS has been lately. I haven't had any major tickets to make lately but ever since they helped me on unflagging my nephews account I am much more appreciative. Also, we had another member get jailed last week for multiple daily boxes glitching, took about a week or so but he was unjailed and recovered his team. So it seems they are doing a much better job listening to those who have been jailed wrongly. I am sure people will disagree with me but so far out of all the people I know that have been jailed they spoke with CS and they reviewed their situations accordingly. If nothing was done wrong then your account will be unflagged with some patience and persistence. Haters go a head and disagree, if your innocent then just explain your situation ad be patient. Overall CS has been much better then people give it credit for.
    – The Great Houmy
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    Well, they better be better.  There are a lot of hardcore players.  TSB :2018 is a Glu game, but the enthusiasts make it a passion and a hobby.  Take care of it wrong and it's gonzo; take care of it right and it's here to stay.  
    Now I am afraid this is going to be one of those cases where I have to go back and forth with CS for a few weeks explaining the issue and trying to find the right CS who will actually read my comments before coming back with the wrong answer.

The original CS passed it to another one, while I was just waiting on him to hear back from the dev team after my initial ticket, and the new CS tells me that I did in fact buy Hicks boxes since there is no trace of the Chipper boxes having been released. This was last night before the Chipper box was officially released today and now for $29.99 you get two boxes instead of just one that they had listed last week.

Funny thing is that I responded to the new CS last night and told him that the box was in fact released, by error or not, last week and I remembered Chipper looking over his left shoulder in the graphic which is the same graphic that was released today so hopefully that will prove to them that somebody did in fact make a mistake which cost me $90.00

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    @Houmy that's a shame. I hope you are able to receive some speedy service to get the issue rectified.
    Proud TSB VIP!