80 Gold Boost In Walkoff-Hero

LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
I used to cycle Walk-Off Hero every Monday, but have had great difficulty and have not cycled each of the past three weeks. I've noticed in a lot of the guides I've read, it says to use an 80 Gold boost for round 5-10. I've always thought this wasn't necessary, because so much of cycling is the luck of the pitch sequence. If you get a ton of curves, you're not going to cycle regardless of your boost. If you get a lot of fastballs, I've always felt like the video boost would be enough...but maybe I am wrong.

For those who cycle WOH easily and regularly, do you use the 80 Gold boost on round 5-10?

I look forward to your input.
Proud TSB VIP!
Prev1

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @LonzoBallin I've cycled all of them this year and do use the boost on 5-10. 80 gold definitely helps and is a lot cheaper than using a gold restart and you have already used up your video restart if you get frustrated and don't want to go back to the beginning of the level.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I agree with @houmy. I use to never use boosts on 5-10 and beat woh easily. I always seemed to do worse with the boost but lately I have been boosting due to the increase in difficulty. Being down 5-0 isnt that easy. Better to use the 80g boost each time twice when your video is ready then to restart 240g. If you fail, go again in 30min when the video is ready and get two more chances. Repeat this until the job is done.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m usually with the 2 above. It’s the only round I use the 80 gold boost on. 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Great input guys, confirms what I have been thinking. I usually get to 5-10 about ten to twenty times, but have come up short the past three weeks. Will try the 80 gold boost every time today and see if it makes a difference. If I am able to make it there 20 times and beat it, the player won will be well worth the 1600 gold spent in boosts.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    @bigpredfan, why does your profile always say "new member". Maybe you haven't spent enough time in the forums helping your fellow tappers sir! I suggest that your participate more actively if you ever want to get that VIP status.
    – The Great Houmy
    In my eyes, even if you have to spend 2k in gold or maybe more its worth getting a 425max caliber player. Save gold for boosts and go every 30min when you fail. Eventually you will get the right pitches, just capitalize when you do. Sometimes you can wait all day for those pitches and never get them.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:

@bigpredfan, why does your profile always say "new member". Maybe you haven't spent enough time in the forums helping your fellow tappers sir! I suggest that your participate more actively if you ever want to get that VIP status.

I am with @dkarski87 on this one. Something shady goin on there B)

@Houmy and @dkarski87 I don’t care about VIP anymore. I just want the new, hip all-star title. I’m a new member who has been here since 2016 apparently. Go figure
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @LonzoBallin I've beaten WoH the past eight weeks and last week was the first time I've had to spend on any event (720 gold). Even though the gold spent is a great value compared to the reward, it feels like a lot if you're not used to spending. I agree with your analysis that boosts or no boosts, it's not happening if you get too many curves. That said, if it's been a couple of hours, I will no longer hesitate to use a boost. The rewards are just too good and I can't afford to miss out.
    Btw, you said you frequent the fb group page? I'm Alex and I'm very active there. Shoot me a message when you get a chance.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @Bigpredfan you'll always be an All-Star VIP in my book. @dkarski87 can be considered for one after he finally beats me in a match and puts an end to my win streak B)

@DFBB Went to send you a message on FB...but there's 74 Alex's in the group!!! lol
    Proud TSB VIP!
    @DFBB, why didnt I get an invite to this "FB group"... Not cool man! ;)
    – The Great Houmy

@DFBB Went to send you a message on FB...but there's 74 Alex's in the group!!! lol

I'm the dude that always posts about derby...lol
    dkarski87 said:

@DFBB, why didnt I get an invite to this "FB group"... Not cool man! ;)

It's a public group. Just request it and Jeremy will let u in. I love it because it's extremely active and fun. I always find myself laughing cause people are so crazy and silly.
    Quick update: Did the 80 Gold boost my first two attempts again Level 5 Round 10 Corey Kluber Prime. Lost 5-7 and 6-7, but did feel some more pop in the bat. Feeling optimistic I will be able to cycle today.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

Quick update: Did the 80 Gold boost my first two attempts again Level 5 Round 10 Corey Kluber Prime. Lost 5-7 and 6-7, but did feel some more pop in the bat. Feeling optimistic I will be able to cycle today.

4-8 Maeda is giving me trouble. That does not bode well for me.
    Yea Lv4 gave me trouble today, duno why. Took 4 tries at Kluber. Restarted twice with gold . :(
    – The Great Houmy
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Took me 7 tries but got Kluber down, and yes I use the 80 gold boost whenever possible to give me a little better chance when I do get something to hit ( on the 7th try I scored the 6 runs without recording an out and was all fastballs and change ups ).
    UPDATE: Beyond frustrated! Took 10 fully boosted restarts and still couldn't beat Kluber. So far today I've spent 3,280 gold and have nothing to show for it. Fourth straight week where Walk-Off has suddenly become impossible.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    edited July 2018
    UPDATE: Beyond frustrated! Took 10 fully boosted restarts and still couldn't beat Kluber. So far today I've spent 3,280 gold and have nothing to show for it. Fourth straight week where Walk-Off has suddenly become impossible.
    I’m flipped from you. It felt impossible to me and then last week took just 2 tries at 5-10 and today just one. 

Edit:  this is really good for me today because I have a crap load to do to get ready for school starting. Wasn’t gonna play it, but 2B is one of my weakest positions. Kinda got sucked in while my wife is out of the house today
  • maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    edited July 2018
    I feel your pain, that’s what I spent in a failed effort last week. I got the Babe yesterday and got it today after my video retry.
    THE RESULTS ARE IN:

Today I reached Level 5-10 Prime Kluber 27 times. I did the 80 gold boost every single time. I lost my first 26 attempts, and then finally beat him with about 15 minutes left in the event. Altogether, I spent about 11 hours playing and ended up paying 4,480 Gold between boosts and restarts. Did the 80-gold boost help? It's hard to say seeing how I lost 26 consecutive times. However, in the end, I am very happy that I was able to land Prime Altuve.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    @lonzoballin well done. There are days like that were its just a real *** to beat. Can't explain why or how but it does happen. Congrats on landing Altuve. I just wish it was the all star version ;)
    – The Great Houmy
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

THE RESULTS ARE IN:

Today I reached Level 5-10 Prime Kluber 27 times. I did the 80 gold boost every single time. I lost my first 26 attempts, and then finally beat him with about 15 minutes left in the event. Altogether, I spent about 11 hours playing and ended up paying 4,480 Gold between boosts and restarts. Did the 80-gold boost help? It's hard to say seeing how I lost 26 consecutive times. However, in the end, I am very happy that I was able to land Prime Altuve.

I went about 1-15 against Kluber, I used the 20% boost about the first 10 tries. I used the 5% boost when I beat him. Definitely seems more like luck of pitch selection than hitting.
  • dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    edited July 2018
    MacGruber said:

I went about 1-15 against Kluber, I used the 20% boost about the first 10 tries. I used the 5% boost when I beat him. Definitely seems more like luck of pitch selection than hitting.

Similar situation here. It took me around 10 tries to beat Kluber. I used the 20% boost most of those times but was running low on gold so had to rely on the 5% video boost on my final try. Of course that's the time I end up beating him.

Pitch selection is everything. It can be super frustrating getting to the final level & dropping 80 gold only to get an onslaught of unhittable curve balls!
    Personally I am not sure if this was just an easier week, if it was the fact that I had Freeman from last week to bat lefty or the fact that I went gold but this was the easiest week for me and managed to cycle 6 times with some cycles not even needing a restart. It could also have to do with the fact that I was at work half day and kept playing to keep my mind of some other issues but it felt like 17 when I was platinum and cycling was so much easier. I guess I'll find out next week.

Houmy said:

Personally I am not sure if this was just an easier week, if it was the fact that I had Freeman from last week to bat lefty or the fact that I went gold but this was the easiest week for me and managed to cycle 6 times with some cycles not even needing a restart. It could also have to do with the fact that I was at work half day and kept playing to keep my mind of some other issues but it felt like 17 when I was platinum and cycling was so much easier. I guess I'll find out next week.

They dropped the 'stuff' rating for both 5.9 and 5.10. They also gave us a runner at first for 5.10, which makes a huge difference. Regardless, six cycles is sick! Very impressive man! Most people I know were able to get the job done, but it was still costly for many.
    Yea this week def seemed easier. I managed 4 cycles and capped by hitter off in g10. Be warned all, next week will be much tougher. 445 pows and poms means 445 legend pitcher possibly for 5-10. With no runners. But we shall see.
    – The Great Houmy
    @dfbb, the reason they gave the runner on first was to screw people over. Lots of people hit into double plays every time. Last week was 5-0 with no runners. This week they made it so if you hit into a doubleplay chances are your round is over.
    – The Great Houmy
    I will rephrase that since @DFBB disagrees with me. They put a runner of first to "screw with people". Having the runner their makes the double play much easier. Why do you think they went from 5-0 with no runners to adding a runner and lower the stuff rating on pitchers? To make it easier? No sir.
    – The Great Houmy