Anything new about cvc ?

newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
just wondering if any of you vips with the “inside scoop” have heard anything about the cvc?  Is it gone?  Is it on for Thursday?  

And I will def miss it gone,  I was often mvp, and high score winner,  it was the best way to get good rewards. But mind you, I did spend fair bit of gold into cvc event. I buy boost, and retrys to keep going. Our club had some fun competition for the rewards.  So if all were like us, I guess there would be no issue.  But everyone tries to better themselves any way possible. And I guess that seems to be when problems start!!  

Comments

• TimberwolfTimberwolf Registered Users 46 Posts
    I haven't heard anything. I can't see them totally getting rid of it. I think they're just tweaking it to cut down on "exploits" and most likely redoing the rewards. I've put a fair amount of money into this game and like a lot of other players, I've been close to quitting it a few times. I really like CvC though, so if it's gone for good I might just hang it up. I hope it's not the case though. It was a nice way to get some extra stuff for building your team. Since I'm in a club with only a few friends of mine it was ideal for us. I liked the rewards in CvC better than the weekend events. I'm at the point where #1 picks or even 5 star specialty players won't help my roster. We found ourselves putting more money and effort into the MVP and High Round boxes in CvC rather than the weekend event. Being that our club was smaller, we could sometimes take turns on who would win certain prizes when they were within reach. Probably had more fun with the CvC event than anything else in this version. Hopefully they don't ruin it.
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    It was the only true great rewards for having a good individual team. Slugfest is not a team. Events pay the club. CVC allowed my well built, bought, and time suckinging team to finally see a payoff. Now thats gone. I spend money, on 4 or 5 teams total im sure im into it $300-$500. But anymore i see no payoff and im laughed at for my level. Mostly because they know there is no payoff at my level. CVC was my favorite. If its gone, i too can spend a few hundred dollars a year elsewhere, maybe on my kids, wife, or life. We have options.
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • macyanksmacyanks Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I liked the concept of CVC... just has to be a little more realistic. Hopefully they are tweaking it in that direction. 
  • ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Completely ridiculous mode except the decent rewards. Without the rewards, no one would have or should have played it.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Wrong, its awesome. If you know how to play it. If you like WOH and adjust your play its very similair. All the guys I know that destroy woh do the same in cvsc.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Wrong, its awesome. If you know how to play it. If you like WOH and adjust your play its very similair. All the guys I know that destroy woh do the same in cvsc.

There's always an exception... :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @DFBB you no good at cvsc? Your team is stacked man. Odd how it works, I know guys in silver as well with team K around 80k and do crap in this event.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m at around 72k at Gold 6 and I do well at it, but like a previous poster said it seemed most that are decent at WoH seem to be good at CvC too.
    dkarski87 said:

@DFBB you no good at cvsc? Your team is stacked man. Odd how it works, I know guys in silver as well with team K around 80k and do crap in this event.

I'm def average in CvC despite having really good bats. Other teams that are fairly solid crush CvC with autoplay.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I'm def average in CvC despite having really good bats. Other teams that are fairly solid crush CvC with autoplay.
    Same here.  I have a lineup loaded 71K strength silver team, and beat WOH about 70% of the time, yet my CvsC performance is mediocre at best.  
  • ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    @dkarski87 I'm actually pretty good at CvC. I have tons of rounds over 250k. My club is a top 20 finisher in CvC. I'm also good at WoH.

That's not the point.

Even someone who plays it successfully can easily see that the results of solid contact during those modes isn't consistent with other modes. For the better part of its existence, Matt Harvey was the Hall of Fame Cy Young Award winner of CvC. With his paltry player rating, he routinely dominated players with ratings 150-200 points higher.

The adjustment that most top players made while playing CvC was simply not to play the games. They autoplayed every round until they got a 100k+ round with a 100+ multiplier. Then, they watched the video to continue that round. They always saved a few entries for the second half of each matchup when the video boosts reset.

The only draw to the event were the rewards. Knock out your entries. Get it done. Then get back to dominating bonus games.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Similar can be said for all events modes, in my opinion, CvC is not different from WOH or slugfest when it comes to certain pitchers doing things they "shouldnt" be able to do. Round 6 of each level in woh is typically harder than the previous rounds and round 7 and 8 and certain pitchers like Maeda in round 8 can give you fits (think that was level 4). Some pitchers in slugfest really mess me up with the constant altering from quick pitch to a change up or even lob, while others throw fairly consistently for a rythym to be had, Autoplay works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. As a player you adjust, learn, and try to beat it the next time. Some of this stuff doesn't make any sense but it is what it is... having a 3-0 count to start batting or a full count doesn't necessarily make sense either but it's part of the design. No matter what is offered in this app, there will be a love/hate relationship with the players. For example, bonus game event bores me.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • reinfallreinfall Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    CVC was such a fun event, my favorite for sure. Maybe cause i did really well, but spent my fair share of gold on it too. I hope it comes back.
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    Ive been a silver team for a while and for the past few weeks of CvC, it's been about the All-Star boxes and Premium XP boxes, with the High Round getting the former and the MVP getting the latter in match play.  Club rewards are good if there is a Top 500 overall finish.  Am I missing something about the strength of the rewards, i.e. GGold, Platinum, Diamond are better?  
    CvC is back!
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    DFBB said:

CvC is back!

Yeah baby, POW reward for high score, I'm 'bout it!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Only thing that seems to have changed is the award for high round... from all star box to potw box... however I had guys jumping in and out of the competitors club in the last few minutes... I assume the club was public and the regular members never showed up...
    It's all done with mirrors