I created a new team today for slugfest vs my 70k team

MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
My patinum 70.5k rated team has a slugger squad so weak i couldnt get 30k pts today. And ive been boosting them hard for weeks. 
As a test, i created a bronze team slugger squad just today and for today. In 1 day i had them sluggers score 430k pts and almost cycle. 

Just more proof the new guys have all the advantages. Teams were NEEDME and MISSRED. While MISSRED couldnt hang at all, Needme got under more balls then a little person prostitute. 

Point is sluggers should be matched up by slugger strength, not team strength. 
"If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".

Comments

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    you are matched up by your level. So if you are platinum you match up to platinum and even diamond sluggers. I am silver and match up to silver and gold sluggers. my team strength and slugger strength don't drive any of the slugger matchups. You just leveled up too quick and it will take a long time to level up your sluggers enough to compete.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    @MISSRED My team is the result of this. I started back in March with a team that I had leveled up to Gold with a strength around 70k. I could never seem to get past the first couple of rounds. About two months ago, I decided to scrap the original team and start over.

7 weeks later, I'm back to Silver with a team strength of around 64k. The big difference is in my sluggers, which are over 31k and includes 6 of the last 7 prime slugger rewards for beating the tower. I missed last week, but regained form this week. By this time next month, my starting lineup for sluggers will be all Prime Sluggers.

And, since I routinely beat the event at least 3 times per week now, I have no shortage of Prime XP. As soon as I get a new Prime player, I can immediately cap them.

Slugfest specifically gives a tremendous advantage to lower levels. As a bronze restart, I could miss homers all the time until I got to level 6. Even on level 6, if I got a good run going after missing a homer, I might stand a chance of coming back.

Not so once you get to the Silver and Gold levels and above. On Gold, you can easily lose in the first round simply by mishitting a homer a little too short. On Silver, that usually doesn't happen until Level 5 or so. But, it certainly happens where you'll go 10 for 10 and lose on distance.
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    nym5fan said:
    you are matched up by your level. So if you are platinum you match up to platinum and even diamond sluggers. I am silver and match up to silver and gold sluggers. my team strength and slugger strength don't drive any of the slugger matchups. You just leveled up too quick and it will take a long time to level up your sluggers enough to compete.
    You made my point.

I realize that the aluggers stay the same rank as what my team was able to advance too.

I dont realize why my completely unrelated sluggers are also leveled up automatically with my team when they (my sluggers) did nothing to achieve the automatic promotion.

Upgrades dont help them, pennants dont help them. They had no playoff to advance. So it makes little sense that this seperate squad should be expected to perform above their ability. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".