App update - season mode rewards

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Loving the new rewards in season mode. More of a reason for everyone to try and win the finals now. Those that don't fare as well during the finals may want to use their franchise coins for some prime batters as every bit of advantage helps.
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• mikesteinbergmikesteinberg Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Did they update the early season rewards? Or just playoffs?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Just playoffs it seems. Not as much XP as we used to get in 17 but easy way to get EVO now.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm five days away from the playoffs and that feels like five days too long! :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Nice!!! 8 games from playoffs.  May just pay gold to get there for that!!! U iOS?  Not wanting to update yet heard about a ton of crashing.
  • Trajan117Trajan117 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Yeah, don’t update until you hear otherwise. Pretty much everyone who’s updated on iOS has had some issue with it...
    Android myself and no issues. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon for iOS users. Maybe a global gift will go out to make up for the crashes?

• Trajan117Trajan117 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Sure hope so. I just want to keep playing, I don’t want to miss the events! Especially if the new one in the update happens tomorrow! 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Houmy said:

Android myself and no issues. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon for iOS users. Maybe a global gift will go out to make up for the crashes?

Global gift would be nice! In all seriousness, we lost out on top 10 today because of the Ios crash. Ugh!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Oh and the manual batting order option is also available now. You can set the roster for vs lefty and righty.

• caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    iOS and in.  Just deleted app prior to doing update then downloaded newest version.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Knowing my luck I’ll delete and reinstall then I won’t be able to get back into my account and the update will be fixed...so I’ll  just sit tight lol 
  • sfgiants101sfgiants101 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    I updated on iOS. I can’t even open the app now. Do not update if you have IOS.
  • ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    Worst is that I won my Season a day before this update...
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • mehmehmeh1mehmehmeh1 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Me too:(
  • dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Houmy said:

That Prime & Legend XP reward is niiiice
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited August 2018

Me to :( in fact just a few hours before I found out about the update on here
    It's all done with mirrors
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Ditto, finished semi and finals yesterday. What a crock.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    hell yes. finally decent prizes. i need those EVO desperately LOL.
  • Dignans1Dignans1 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Yes Evo is the best part of those rewards
    @midnightmarauder & @Dignans1 just remember to get a prime franchise player for the finals if you haven't won all of the playoffs previously and the prime franchise players are stronger than your weakest batter. Every little bit of advantage helps during the playoffs and honestly the amount of franchise tokens that everyone gets is not good for anything else anyway. It also doesn't matter if the franchise batter is not in the same position as your weakest batter as you can move that batter to DH and the franchise player should take over for him. Using icepacks to use your Ace for both games in the playoffs would also be a good idea.

• MDTerps42MDTerps42 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Why is it that you can be 100-6 in the regular season but then in the playoffs in season mode, your team loses to a team who’s 86-30?  Is the only way to win the playoffs in season mode to use Franchise tokens, or to manually play the games?? Autoplaying Season playoffs seems to screw your team out of winning EVERY time...
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    False.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    MDTerps42 said:
    Why is it that you can be 100-6 in the regular season but then in the playoffs in season mode, your team loses to a team who’s 86-30?  Is the only way to win the playoffs in season mode to use Franchise tokens, or to manually play the games?? Autoplaying Season playoffs seems to screw your team out of winning EVERY time...
    I fully simulate every regular season game.

During the playoffs I manually play the games.

I use an ice pack every time to start my Ace.

I get 2 Franchise Players via Franchise tokens for each round of playoff matchup—I spent 1,000 gold at launch to open another roster spot for Franchise Players.
     I take into consideration the Starting Pitcher I will be facing, it’s their Ace every time...However, if there is a guy with a 193 hit rating I’m getting him regardless of the Righty/Lefty match up.

I typically play the same teams in the playoffs:
    Arizona (Godley Right handed), Washington (Strasburg Righty), LA Dodgers (Lefty), Houston (Lefty), Boston, Cleveland, recently Seattle?
    In addition, these guys seem to walk me a lot and I have poor plate discipline.

I cannot remember the last time I did not win the Finals & with the new Season rewards it’s definitely worth grabbing the wheel if you feel it will increase your odds.

Good luck & have fun!

• ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    ***With the new batting order capabilities, it has been my experience that the Token Franchise Player will hold the same spot in the batting order as the player he is replacing. Your Franchise Player will not automatically bat 2nd or 3rd, etc. 
    If you spend 2 Franchise Coins on Posey to replace your #9 batting catcher, Posey will be batting ninth. You can make the proper adjustments prior to starting your game(s).
    @MDTerps42 you don't have to use a franchise player for the playoffs but if a prime franchise player would be stronger than your regular roster I would suggest getting one rather than risking it. Also autoplay versus manual doesn't seem to make any difference.