It's Official...GLU says uninstall and reinstall app (as long as your account is backed up!!)

LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
edited August 2018 in General TSB Discussion

Proud TSB VIP!
Prev1

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Lets just add insult to injury. We can confirm that they put a daily limit of videos!. Thanks GLU.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Lets just add insult to injury. We can confirm that they put a daily limit of videos!. Thanks GLU.

I haven't updated yet but ExposMontreal says we can reset identifier to continue getting ads, 300 gold at a time. Are you able to do this by chance???
    I can but I wont. You risk getting banned from doing tap joy offers. More times you reset your AD ID the greater your odds increase. I will not reset my AD ID is risk of losing out on offers. This is bullshit, greedy greedy greedy company.
    – The Great Houmy
  • cquintcquint Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    My app was crashing before I could back up my account. Pretty bummed out due to the amount of money and time that I have in the game. Something needs to be done for sure.
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    cquint said:

My app was crashing before I could back up my account. Pretty bummed out due to the amount of money and time that I have in the game. Something needs to be done for sure.

In the event you uninstalled the app but your team was not backed up, you can contact customer care via: https://t.co/HrNWA3amdk and they can assist you.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Wickedwildcats19247Wickedwildcats19247 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    How would one know if their team was backed up by email?
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Kind of tough to tell if you can't get in the app. If you're not sure, it's best to wait. If you are eager to get going, you could always take a leap of faith and contact customer care in the event you are unable to get back in.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    @dkarski87
    ouch! Didn’t realize that!
    Greedy!!!! Just wait for the amazing gift that gets sent out. Get ready for it... 2 evo, 2100xp and 350 prime xp. Atleast they acknowledged it this time, most of the time they won't even admit they messed up again by NOT TESTING BEFORE YOU RELEASE AN UPDATE.
    – The Great Houmy
  • buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    edited August 2018
    It is hard for software to be bug-free. That said, this looks like something that can be caught by adequate QA easily.
  • ArmpitastrosArmpitastros Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Just removed and installed and worked fine. Problem with second team is that it was not backed up. I submitted a ticket so we will see if that gets worked out.
  • ArmpitastrosArmpitastros Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Why are their login restrictions so tight to begin with. Yo should be able to play from multiple devices if you have the login info.
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Don’t play slugfest but am getting club points now on both tourneys and bonus games.  It’s what I do on weds.  Very strange.  
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @dkarski87 I just saw that tweet and was coming here to share the news... the one immediate effect will be a slow down in team progress and a slow down in their revenue. It makes it an even easier decision to not bother with either tuesday or weekend event, or at the very least not worry about ranking... having said that, you're building a team for what now? The events most of us seem to be enjoying (and cursing hehe) require hitters and of course sluggers.... not a full team
    It's all done with mirrors
    Yeap I am done spending money on this game. @Armpitastros the reason they have tight restrictions is due to the loaders and cheaters that log in and out of accounts to load teams. Thats why its in place this year. 17 was very bad for that. But yea this game is heading down the toilet, too many issues not enough accountability from the company and they really don't care about the bottom line. Stock price will continue to fall and less and less people will be spending money on it.
    – The Great Houmy
    Forgot to add, 300g a day is a joke. Thats not even 1 weekend box and barely covers a restart in derby or WOH. I will say it again! GREEDY COMPANY!
    – The Great Houmy
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Anyone else’s app running real slow? 
    Real slow for me.  Just paid about a grand in gold to go through playoffs of season but was worth it for the rewards! Took forever though.  Seemed like it crashed or hung up about every dang game.  
    But pop up mountain adds seem to be rolling out fast....
    Haven’t gotten one yet lol
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Why are their login restrictions so tight to begin with. Yo should be able to play from multiple devices if you have the login info.
    In previous years, people would give their login info to a hacker to hack their account. Simple as that
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Haven’t gotten one yet lol
    For Glu to really Glu this update they need to do the gift now while the affected people are still locked out
    I’m getting the starter pack pop ups... does this mean I won’t get mountain offers until I buy one? 
    I started getting starter packs now mountains already popping back up. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    No pop ups for me.... been that way for a couple weeks now
    It's all done with mirrors
  • CaboJamaicaCaboJamaica Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Anyone still waiting to hear back from Glu? 
    I’m waiting to see something in the “announcements” section. I’m iOS and never updated. 
    @caddie2323 was gonna get a mountain..purchase failed. 
  • Trajan117Trajan117 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Has anyone heard when this iOS crash might be fixed?
  • tdh23tdh23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I haven’t heard, still waiting myself.