CvC tips?

midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
Anyone out there who's crushing it have any tips for Club vs. Club? I can't seem to do anything but soft popups and line drives - and this is with all batters above 200 and a 250 player wtih +9% RISP skill, can't get a damn hit off a 100 pitcher. In a bonus/season/prime game I'd smash a down-the-middle pitch just about every time.

I'm struggling to put up a couple thousand, and see people putting up 100,000 point rounds... how!?! Last night my bronze 22k team literally outscored my 73K Gold team against the exact same pitchers... how is that even possible?

My main strategy is aim for opposite field, had a lot of success in WOH doing that. Not nearly as much success here though. Seems almost completely random with usually pre-determined outs and just one round where players actually can hit.

Can anyone help me hone my game here?

Comments

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Unfortunately I don't think anyone can help you. Much of your ability to be successful in CVC is based on your team. For no rhyme or reason, some teams perform vastly superior to others. With a click of the autoplay button, some teams will put up over 100,000, while others will put up zero. I've seen unbelievable teams that put up terrible numbers in CVC, and not so great teams that crush it. Manual play seems to be pretty much the same story. Aside from moving up to the next tier, there doesn't seem to be anything that you can change significantly improve your CVC scores.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Since the update I've regressed, barely making 30k per match now instead of per entry
    It's all done with mirrors
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Watch the balls, you can walk 5 times in 1 entry. Then also make sure to swing late on them changeups. Seems like common sense but think these things next time playing it. It will help.

Im not great but broke 100k multiple rounds today on cvc. And 90k pts the others. Good luck. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    A big thing is to not get too discouraged as it can be a bit of a roller coaster. I don't know if the devs tweak the play from week to week but from last week and my previous post, things mostly got back to normal today for me. The comments from @MISSRED are certainly spot on for me... me swinging at pitches in the dirt or just simply out of the zone lol, and those dreaded change ups ;)

Get to know your hitters, many certainly benefit from the advice of waiting very late to swing, but I've learned some perform better if you swing normally whether you're trying to pull the ball or go opposite field.

Finally, there are things that are just plain head scratching such as guys getting 150k points from a single autoplay, while others can't get more than 20 points, ever. I have a couple of teams, with one of them having prime Trout with skill. Up until today, he mostly hit ground outs or singles no matter what I did. Earlier this week I got regular 5* Trout and had them both in the line up today. Regular Trout's first at bat was a homer and by the end of the match Prime Trout had also hit one. The rest of the day they were both doing well throughout... it was like the Prime version was affected by the regular version, or maybe I was hehe. Some matches you'll be able to hit 5 homers in a row, others you won't get past the pitchers mound.
    I do believe you can improve your performance by trying different things and players but there are many times where it won't matter what you do.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    For me, I auto play each round. I use the video boost on the first game and will use the video to continue manually playing if the multiplier is really high. The videos regenerate after 30 minutes so I typically get two games with the boost and two with manually continued play for free. I have scored as high as 400+ thousand in a round, and as low as 0... usually anywhere between 2-30k is normal for me with auto play. One or two rounds in a CvC season I will get over 100k. Its a crap shoot.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • sfgiants101sfgiants101 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    I started to auto play the rounds also. Over the last cvc I was match mvp twice. I have an iPhone and it is kind of glitchy, so I have better returns with auto play.
  • dybala10juventusdybala10juventus Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    In your club's chatroom... the top right tab says "news." That will tell you which bonus players will get extra points. Put them first or second in your line up. You will get massive points on autoplay. If u dont have those players.. then its just normal scoring