Does WOH get harder at the end of the night?

midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
has anyone else noticed this? early afternoon I was cruising to Diaz just about every time (though I couldn't beat him). the last couple of hours I had perpetual trouble with severino(?!?) and degrom and in two hours only made it back to Diaz once. as the game was getting harder I started getting the "one time only! Mountain of Gold" offers twice a round... so like 20 times at least. Making me feel like they made it harder to try and sell more gold for people desperate to win.

also feeling like beating WOH is essentially like pulling something great out of a box. you have 2.5% chance you'll even see the pitches you need to win... Though I was cycling constantly before they put Diaz in.

just me?

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @midnightmarauder it's probably the fact that you have been playing it all day that makes it seem harder towards the end. Personally I haven't seen it get harder towards the end.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    @midnightmarauder Honestly I think it gets easier for me. I have cycled about 5 times and for 4 it is around the last 2-3 hours before I can beat it.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Things also come in cycles too. For example, degrom is usually very easy because he's generous with his fastball. Every now and then, however, you won't get enough of them and there's not much you can do. He's basically a poor man's Diaz. If you face a pitcher ten times, you will get different sequences of pitches and because that directly effects results, it will give the impression that it was more difficult. In reality, it's just variance.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Dignans1Dignans1 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    I had a harder time with level 4 this week than I did with level 5. Though Diaz was the absolute worst. I was able to actually make contact with the curve about 50 times of my 40 attempts to beat him. Only had one bloop hit off it. For me the issue was that I couldn't hit any Big Al type dingers off the fastballs. Nearly all hits were doubles. Got to 7-6 with a man on, that's the best I could do.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    It was around 10 PM when I finally broke through and got enough pitches to drive that I could beat Diaz, before the win I was 0-39 against him in the past two weeks, for a total of 1-42, I can get to the back end of level 5 in less than 40 minutes.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Testing