Event Royale Today??

LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
Well, it looks like event royale is finally here! Currently both slugfest AND walk-off hero are showing the event starting at noon EST. I'm excited!!
Proud TSB VIP!
Prev13

Comments

• maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    Very cool! 
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Arg, two FF drafts tonight, inconvenient...
  • jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    So there are TWO events today?!? I thought it was a mistake. I wonder if there will be 2 payouts
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    jabber83 said:

So there are TWO events today?!? I thought it was a mistake. I wonder if there will be 2 payouts

Looks like one payout for clubs, but 1-10 now get 3x winstreak protection and down to 100th gets 1 winstreak protection. So rewards were increased for the event.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    nym5fan said:

jabber83 said:

Looks like one payout for clubs, but 1-10 now get 3x winstreak protection and down to 100th gets 1 winstreak protection. So rewards were increased for the event.
    Or, are there no brackets and ONLY the top 100 get the accolade?
  • miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Here’s the lowdown on the Event Royale today.

You get to play both walkoff and slugfest simultaneously. But, to get the bonus players, you need to beat both events. Once you win both events, you’ll be able to score bonus points in either event. If you don’t win both events, you won’t get either bonus player.

To make things more interesting, you’ll be able to use your normal roster players in Slugfest for 100 gold bars per round. Same is true for Walk Off.

So they don’t accidentally alienate their VIP clubs like Anarchy, those clubs will be gifted both bonus players at noon EST and will be eligible to score points immediately. By 1230, they’ll have 100 billion points in both modes.

nym5fan said:

jabber83 said:

Or, are there no brackets and ONLY the top 100 get the accolade?
    good question... idk. we will soon find out.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

You get to play both walkoff and slugfest simultaneously. But, to get the bonus players, you need to beat both events. Once you win both events, you’ll be able to score bonus points in either event. If you don’t win both events, you won’t get either bonus player.

To make things more interesting, you’ll be able to use your normal roster players in Slugfest for 100 gold bars per round. Same is true for Walk Off.

So they don’t accidentally alienate their VIP clubs like Anarchy, those clubs will be gifted both bonus players at noon EST and will be eligible to score points immediately. By 1230, they’ll have 100 billion points in both modes.

Where did you get that info?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:

Clearly satirical.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

DFBB said:

Clearly satirical.
    Damn! LOL
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:

DFBB said:

Clearly satirical.
    Damn! LOL
    I don’t think anyone knows just yet what the plan is.

Glu just wants to be Center of Attention. All will be revealed once the event starts. Maybe.

Fully expect the event to favor the top clubs, feature unhittable curveballs, and lead to tons of people complaining they’re about to delete the game. Yet, they’ll be back tomorrow asking to join Diamond clubs for CvC.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Well choice is easy for me. Already have 420 max Altuve so don't need to bother with WOH.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Prime Scooter AND guaranteed nickname guy 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Seems like an interesting event. So much better as a weekend event though as "someone" once suggested something similar B)

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2018/discussion/5445667/weekend-mixed-events-prime-walkoff-slugfest#latest
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Dsizzle31Dsizzle31 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    Maybe I’m just not used to it, but I feel like there’s too much going on.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Dsizzle31 said:

I remember hating walkoff when it was introduced, but grew to (mostly) enjoy it. But this is Tap Baseball overload. I don't have 12 hours to play 5 events.

Metsicans said:

Dsizzle31 said:

I remember hating walkoff when it was introduced, but grew to (mostly) enjoy it. But this is Tap Baseball overload. I don't have 12 hours to play 5 events.

I'm not going to be able to keep my phone charged enough lol
  • Dignans1Dignans1 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Yes definitely overload.
    But I'll focus on WOH.....
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Level 5 round 9 Diaz is higher than any pitcher I've seen in round 10. 318 overall 346 stuff. All I saw were curves =S Back to bonus games for me lol

Good luck everyone, and enjoy!
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I kinda like it.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    This Event Royale concept is fantastic, but there is WAY too much going on for a Wednesday. This event would be much better suited in place on the current weekend event.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    This is a terrible idea for an event. Whoever came up with it should be fired immediately.

Not only is it impossible to keep up without cheating, which I'm sure plenty of people have already resorted to doing, no one has any real idea of where they stand.

I could spend the next 6 hours cycling the shit out of Slugfest. When the multipliers are announced later, that effort could either catapult my club into 1st place or it could waste my entire afternoon. The same goes for other events. There's just no way of coming up with a strategy as an individual or club that doesn't involve everyone playing everything all the time to chase average rewards.

For a lot of players, their real value to their clubs was their Wednesday performance. Fewer people regularly cycle Slugfest than Walk Off. Those players just for crapped on big time.

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts

This Event Royale concept is fantastic, but there is WAY too much going on for a Wednesday. This event would be much better suited in place on the current weekend event.

I was thinking the exact same thing, the current weekend event is way to time consuming for nothing in return. I'd suggest that they keep everything the same as is, except now, we could do CvC all day Friday and Royale on Saturday and Sunday.... of course tweaking the rewards would still be welcomed in CvC I suspect but otherwise this kind of suggested schedule would work a lot better. I'm not a fan of bonus game event either but it's only 1 day.
    It's all done with mirrors
    So what’s the deal with the multipliers? 
  • RichmondBravesRichmondBraves Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I hope I'm speaking for others but when the nickname players were available I spent over 10k in gold and came up empty never got a nickname player. Weeks later this blitz day I can't get any bonus points because I wasnt "lucky" enough to get a nickname player. All stemming from Glu's greed. In my opinion of course
    Miss the RBraves..
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I think it's an attempt to try and get everyone to play all events since you don't know which event will have a higher multiplier /advantage... or maybe they'll be random numbers generated for each.... I'm talking out my hat now lol
    It's all done with mirrors
    did anyone else see club teammate scores increased for a brief period? I had one club member showing 11 million points when he was around 2 million. Then it went back after a minute or two to the regular score. Can only assume the system glitched and showed the multiplied scores for a moment.
    Level 5 Round 7 in diamond is 334 Overall “Conductor” wowzas 
    Jumps 218 Severino to 334 🤨
  • gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    You can't have this event for the weekend. Think about it. In 12 hours, Ive seen people cycle slugfest 8 times (I am sure there are higher). Give someone 72h on slugfest = gazillion prime xp. Glu would not stand for that.

Also, once you exhaust WOH and Slugfest, you are back to tapping on prime events anyway.

Sounds good in theory, but doesn't mean much. Glu is just repackaging the shit into a different pile.