12:02 PM EST Friday: Already called it a weekend

miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
Hope y'all enjoy your holiday weekend. It's beautiful and sunny where I am, so I'll be enjoying it outside without my mobile phone or GLU to worry about.

As soon as I opened the bonus announcement, I packed it up.

I have A's and Mariners on my team. In fact, I have multiple primes. I also have PotM Diaz.

Do they offer bonuses for those players? Nope.

Gone nearly the entire month with two PotM on my roster who have yet to be bonus players. Had prime players from featured teams more than once in the same time frame. Never been given a bonus other than the normal 1k per hit.

Instead, @[TSB] blueleopard and his merry band of greedy assholes come up with even more versions of the same players and put them in a shitty loot box with 2.5% fake odds.

So, the gold we spent to get our current roster is yet again pissed away without even one event of getting a bonus.

I said yesterday I still enjoyed playing the game. We'll see next Tuesday if I feel the same way after a few days off.
Prev1

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    POM Diaz was already used as a bonus. They never use POW or POM on weekend events. The only POM that was not used this month was Gurriel.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    It sounds like you really needed that vacation....
  • miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Just happen to have Gurriel and Sale in addition to Diaz. Neither Gurriel nor Sale have been bonus players.

Also have Prime players from both teams. They literally just created new Prime versions of players who already have Prime versions.

Thanks for playing though.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

POM Diaz was already used as a bonus. They never use POW or POM on weekend events. The only POM that was not used this month was Gurriel.

Naturally, I have Gurriel. :(
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Just happen to have Gurriel and Sale in addition to Diaz. Neither Gurriel nor Sale have been bonus players.

Also have Prime players from both teams. They literally just created new Prime versions of players who already have Prime versions.

Thanks for playing though.

A lot of that is true, but Sale potm has already been a super bonus player.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Not in the last 3 weeks. Might have been on the first day of the box. I got him on day 3. Hasn't been since I got him. Willing to be wrong on that one.

Still doesn't attempt to explain why the Primes I've already gotten from the featured teams aren't given bonuses but new versions of those same players are created and offered at horrible odds for bonuses.

They're approaching scam territory.
    Yeap, only Gurriel was missed. You cant be surprised. They make new players all the time, I hate it just like everyone else. But thats what they do. There must be 6 or 7 versions of Schrezer now. Its crazy.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:

Yeap, only Gurriel was missed. You cant be surprised. They make new players all the time, I hate it just like everyone else. But thats what they do. There must be 6 or 7 versions of Schrezer now. Its crazy.

Understandable as long as they include the other versions in the bonuses as well.

Otherwise, it's a scam.
    dkarski87 said:

I think Bryce Harper has to be the most replicated player. I think there are three slugger versions of him alone, plus all the different versions from the other game modes.
  • spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    IMO at this point it's not worth even opening more then 3 weekend boxes . Rewards aren't there to waste money on chasing first place . Invest into legends or go after them signature Prime's. The bonus players aren't worth the pixels they're made of
    Yea but keep in mind, people wont pull for players already done or they have. They dont care about what we think. New players means more people pulling, meaning more people buying gold. Simple. I hate it like you guys, not 1 player in that box appeals to me. 410 primes? WOH on monday will be one of them as well. We went from 425 all stars to 410 primes in WOH, and they made it harder and harder. My 2 cents,
    – The Great Houmy
    Unless you need a few thousand xp and maybe some prime xp, there's really no reason to play these events anymore.

Of course, if you're that hard up for XP, you're better off just buying the Improve boxes. Even if you get the super bonus guys, you'll never be able to level them up before the event ends if you're playing for XP.
    dkarski87 said:

Yea but keep in mind, people wont pull for players already done or they have. They dont care about what we think. New players means more people pulling, meaning more people buying gold. Simple. I hate it like you guys, not 1 player in that box appeals to me. 410 primes? WOH on monday will be one of them as well. We went from 425 all stars to 410 primes in WOH, and they made it harder and harder. My 2 cents,

I tend to agree with you.

They're more concerned with fooling new players than taking care of loyal players.

That's a hallmark of a con, not a reputable gaming company.
    Pretty sure this will be my last year of this game. The weekend bonus players are killing the fun of it. What is the point in building a killer roster if the whole game comes down to my 2.5% chance of getting a bonus player who will help me for one weekend, and even then, the rewards won't help my team at all (#1 draft picks, etc.)?

It's senseless.
    Metsicans said:

Pretty sure this will be my last year of this game. The weekend bonus players are killing the fun of it. What is the point in building a killer roster if the whole game comes down to my 2.5% chance of getting a bonus player who will help me for one weekend, and even then, the rewards won't help my team at all (#1 draft picks, etc.)?

It's senseless.

Certainly won't be considering playing again next year if the last two months is the new normal.
    Metsicans said:

dkarski87 said:

I think Bryce Harper has to be the most replicated player. I think there are three slugger versions of him alone, plus all the different versions from the other game modes.
    For sure. I've gotten him about 5 times, not including the Prime version.
    Just so @[TSB] blueleopard doesn't think I'm just venting frustrations, here's a real conversation between two VIPs in my club who started playing in '17.

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Despite my addiction, I've been wondering why we bother to build complete teams instead of just getting top hitters for WOH and Sluggers for derby... and of course its a circular thing where we try to get good players to win good (better) players... since many people have already dropped the weekend prime event and bonus game event, and despite the fun and potential of Event Royale, there seems to be fewer reasons to chase many of these specialty boxes/draft picks, and has already been mentioned, just going for legends and top primes. Then the "purpose" of the game, beyond the entertainment/competitive value, is collecting legend and prime players like we did as kids with players cards and bubblegum. Opening the box and getting that shiny new favourite top end player is where half the joy is lol. IMO they need to figure out how to make team games relevant again.
    It's all done with mirrors
    I hung out long enough to pick up my CvC rewards from yesterday. Club finished 4th in a Diamond bracket for Bonus Game event and finished 16th in CvC.

For all of that, here's the top reward I picked up from the Prime Draft picks.

Maybe this information is being posted in the wrong place. Perhaps we actually have a duty to warn potential new players of the con before they even download the app.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @miggyrising should I be comforted in the fact that I beat you by one point in the cvc draft pick?

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

edited August 2018
    @Houmy The rich getting richer. Lol.

What do you plan on doing with your 800 or so xp? Tell me it's a new car.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    If you're not pulling 3.5* guys from Prime Draft picks, you're not doing it right lol
    It's all done with mirrors

• bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    I won 4 prime draft picks and got a 5th as a gift yesterday. As unbelievable as this might sound
    I got a prime Arenado and a prime Ellsbury. I couldn't believe it myself. I have been a big fan of allstar boxes and these players seem to do really well for me. I dont have the real cash to spend on the game so in one lucky day I went from one prime to three. I have spent a lot of gold on trying to get bonus players for events even including the nick name players which was disappointing. So It looks like I will spend the weekend on the honey do list lol
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    I am amazed @bigbacondizzle23. I have not seen a prime player listed in the possible players list in my last 15-20. correct me if I am wrong but there used to always be one in the possible players. I am fully convinced there is a bug.
    Just in case @[TSB] blueleopard thinks I'm pulling his leg about players actually being fed up:

Yesterday's result

Today's participation:

Miggy, what do you think blueleopard is going to do? Unless people stop buying gold and boxes, nothing is going to change.

I'm as frustrated as you are -- and wondering how I'm going to waste time this weekend without this game to fall back on -- but no relief is coming from blueleopard, that's for sure.
    Perhaps he'll care that my entire club has decided to enjoy the weekend without his game. That means no purchases. No gold. No boxes. Offer as many mountains as he wants. Offer mountain ranges.

Our club has Diamond VIPs with over a billion individual club points. Those are the guys who are sitting out and not buying.

We have one guy who routinely grabs boxes every weekend until he has at least 4 bonus players. He nabs the Fan Reward Legend every single week going back to the beginning of the season. He just announced his weekend long hiatus in our group messenger. That's $400 minimum right there that aren't going to GLU this weekend.

If @[TSB] blueleopard isn't paying attention to things like this, his game will be extinct before the playoffs.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I understand all the frustration and side with you all in asking GLU to improve the odds as it has gotten out of hand. I know they check the forums and see all the complaints and valid concerns and will have to change things if their strategy starts hurting their bottom line so we'll just have to wait and see about that but I am afraid that any changes happening wouldn't be until the 19 version as we are too far into this version. Personally I want to see some changes before I invest in 19.

One thing I don't understand however is why some seem to think that @blueleopard is in charge of making those changes. This person is a forum admin/moderator and while knowledgeable about the game and the face of the company on this forum it doesn't necessarily mean that he/she has any say on the makings of the events/rewards/odds. I am sure that part of his/her job is to report all the concerns to those that implement these changes and strategies and they would need to make the final decision on what to keep and what to change. It really doesn't help your case singling out one individual simply because that is the only one you have access to (few more out there but @blueleopard seems to the forum's favorite target) while it is the company as a whole you are mad at.

Now don't get me wrong by thinking I am just jumping to GLU's defense here. GLU is company in the business of making money and to do that you have to keep your customers happy and they have done a poor job of that lately. I am just as mad as most of you and have reduced my spending considerably and will continue to do so as lately I have not been getting a good return on my investment. I am just saying you can't keep blaming just one person for everything wrong in the game. And as far as GLU listening to our concerns to keep us as customers, they do, and I will explain that in a separate post in more detail at a later time.

Just my 2¢

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@blueleopard has been nothing but helpful to me.