Options

Potm/Potw Reset

SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
What do people think about introducing the option to reset your current Potm/Potw players in your roster for another month/week? Maybe this idea has been talked about already, but as I face the downgrade of Morales and Soto coming later this week, and the chances of getting another switch hitter or lefty of similar ratings with the new boxes to be released, I'd be happier to just pay to have my current two guys recharged. Thoughts?
It's all done with mirrors

Comments

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Do you mean like paying gold for it? If so, they would probably make it really expensive because as of now you need to spend AT LEAST 1100 to get a POTW (if you are lucky and get it at first try). Why would they miss the chance of stripping you out of your gold or real money? Unless they make it like 3000 gold or something crazy
  • Options
    Yeah I was thinking gold... and probably something like double the regular price, so 2200-2500.... and yes I realize that's my suggested price but probably won't satisfy the company. Even with 50% odds on the potw box, we often have to buy twice and like this week, there's a right and left handed batter, and I need left or even better, switch hitters if I'm to have a chance at woh, So I need to pull Yellich on the first try to save gold and I wonder what the actual outcome will be... My top guy right now is Prime Allstar Bregman, who up until the last two rounds of woh did alright against lefty and righty pitchers. The last two rounds were big fails with him against righties and I really had to rely on potm Soto and potw Morales for the last 3 rounds. Now both are expired for the next woh. I wish I had another prime lefty/switch hitter near Bregman's level. So now I will need Yellich and more gold to be able to replay him in the late rounds against right handed pitching. At the the end of the day, there may not be much of a difference on the total gokd spent trying to win woh with Yellich alone or a paid for restart of both my former potw/potm.

Anyway, made sense to me, if as you say the price wasn't too crazy.
  • Options
    mountiesmounties Registered Users, Member 29 Posts

I have them too and haven’t really noticed much of a difference they still have skills n can continue to grow with there skill

• Options

They went from numbers 1 & 2 for the top 10 batters in my roster for woh to numbers 8 & 10, so a huge difference....and each week the difference becomes bigger as woh gets more difficult. Potw guys that became available Tuesday are now max 450, so they get more powerful too. Anyway until I can get permanent replacements, I will need to keep buying these rental players if I want to have a chance at winning woh. ... and I want to win lol

• Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts

Bad idea... Would only be a good idea for you in this exact situation. If they take such request to help us out, i have many. But what youre asking for would help me zero. I have other insane ideas that would help me out greatly though. But since glu would never approve, they will remain in my head.

"If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options

I disagree, obviously. It's not just for me in my situation, it's for anyone who wants/needs to hang on to a boosted player until such time as they find a more permanent replacement. If you dont want or need such an offer, you won't use it, same as any other offer they have currently available. Would they go for it? Probably not. If they did, it would probably be priced too high. The alternative of course is to improve the odds in boxes and a whole host of other adjustments or changes to reduce or eliminate the desire for these rental players in the first place. Anyway, was a thought as I prepare now to buy two more potw lefties to keep the woh pursuit alive.