Impossible WoH

2Next

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @davidh760 nice chatting with you in the app. Thank you for posting this. As I mentioned in the app I wasn't arguing your claim and just wanted something verifiable so that we can ask GLU to explain this obvious lie. There is just no way that 80% of Diaz's pitches are hittable in WOH. 

Now if the CS rep had said that about 80% of the pitches are hittable after x amount of gold restarts then I would believe them as unfortunately I have had instances myself where I did so many restarts, out of frustration, to cycle and THEN the pitches were hittable. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    80% up to 5.9 but 20% at 5.10... maybe
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    If there’s a way to time one of those curves from Diaz or Snell, I’d love to see it. Are you supposed to try to pull them, punch them opposite field, back up the middle???? I’ve tried timing them just about every imaginable way, and I always get the same soft contact! Some of the other pitchers, sure, I’ve had base joys on curves, but not off those two!
    Jason 
  • gludoesntcaregludoesntcare Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    At this rate...I think many of us will not be spending money on 2019. I really want to know how their tactics are legal?
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Certainly makes you wonder... got back to 5.9 again and after an opening 3 run homer, it was 9 consecutive curves for 3 quick outs...did video restart and got 9 consecutive curves again. Fun times
    It's all done with mirrors
  • spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    i mean it's not very nice but it's all truth man . I had to open up on em . 

• Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    Yep, may as well run Helen Keller up there to hit! Maybe she could time one of those curves!
    Jason 
  • gludoesntcaregludoesntcare Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Just got two tries at Diaz on 10...I literally got 1 fastball in 6 outs. When his round starts with a curve, you are screwed. Glu needs to post a how-to on hitting the curve. (We know they can’t bc this is the Glu Carnival game. You have to spend all your money then the carnie will give you the cheap stuffed animal) 
  • spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    I'll be taking a break everyday but wed .. if I don't get jailed for going off the rails on customer service.  Ive been pushed beyond the limits today . I've had quite enough 
  • usbluesusblues Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    This is the last time I’m writing them. I’m not even mad anymore, really just more upset that this game I’ve been loyal to for 3 years is going down a road that WILL lead to its demise. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    If by hitable they mean “make contact” then sure 80% sounds about right I can usually in a given at bat make contact with anything resembling a strike, however if we are talking about being able to reach base against some of these high level sliders then that number goes to (in my own experience somewhere between 1-30 and 1-100).  With my lineup of players I have in all of these weeks of seeing Diaz I’ve beaten him on an average of about 5%, I have hit in over 120 matchups over probably 140 innings around 10 sliders for hits, including a home run last week against weakened Diaz and even that took 2 tries for Yelich to deliver.  Personally I like high difficulty I just want there to be a real opportunity to actually be able to win given skill and patience.  I’ve spent probably 20-30k gold in just this event this season which for most of the regulars isn’t much at all it’s a good 40-50% of gold that I’ve spent overall.  Even I’m growing disillusioned with WoH and I love it, I owe almost all of my CvC success due to the fact I have been able to amass a lineup other than catcher that runs a formidable 415+ across the board almost exclusively after breaking through and winning Primes with PotW players shortly after the first week or two of June.  Now I’m praying for pitchers to throw me pitches that are straight.  I’d say a fair compromise maybe as simple as putting the deficits you’re climbing back from back to earlier season levels; and varying the type and pitching styles. Closers aren’t throwing that many sliders unless it’s urgent and eventually their arms would just die.  It’s simple player psychology, if we feel like we can influence the outcome then we’ll keep trying if we feel like we auto lose then we just take our ball and go home, it’s really that simple.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @dkarski87 I did beat it, but that doesn't change my opinion. I've never been so disappointed with both GLU and WoH. It was bad enough that the rewards were rather weak, but keeping Diaz(for a 3rd time) at 5.10 was a bit insulting. I love a challenge as much as the next guy, but the RNG nature of a guy like Diaz kills any concept of WoH being a game of skill. Again, very disappointed with Glu. 

For those who are curious: I had 30 attempts at Diaz. Bench was 0-28, Mantle was 0-1, potm Andujar was 1-1. I had exactly ONE first pitch fastball all day. I had two rounds where I saw at least five fastballs. The one time I saw more than five fastballs? I won. I had a lot of time and was able to quickly get back to Diaz. As a result, zero gold was spent. I pulled Herrera and Lxp. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    I got super lucky today.  Had a crazy busy day and only had about 1 hour to play from noon to 1PM.  Was having tons of trouble on 5.7 and 5.8 and kept making it back and losing.  Finally beat 5.8, and went on to beat both Snell at 5.9 and Diaz at 5.10 on my first try with no restarts.  Was able to cycle in less than an hour, but again, just got super lucky with some good pitch sequences on 5.9 and 5.10.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    If the curve balls are so hittable why don't they post a video of them doing it. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Seeing Lonzo’s Post is so deflating. I thought it was happening to all of us, then he sails through in an hour. Maybe it’s me after all. 

All i I know is that when I see that first pitch slider, the anger bubbles up because I know that round is over. And that’s what happens just about every time. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Metsicans It's not you. It's the RNG nature of Diaz. During Woh in the Royale, I beat Diaz twice in 7 matches. I had plenty of fastballs. Yesterday, Bench never saw more than five fastballs in 28 attempts. That's how random Diaz is. Don't beat yourself up man. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.