Walk Off Hero 10/1 Game 163 Edition

2Next

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Yesterday was basically the way WOH had been since it started in 17 and 18 before the 2-3 weeks of POTM Diaz. Playing on & off I was able to cycle with the only gold spent being for boost on 5.10 which is what I used to do in 17. Took me 9-12 failed attempts but being able to get back to 5.10 quickly there was no need to spend gold on retries. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Walk Off this week was definitely more fun that it has been in some time. 

On the final rounds, I've noticed that my skills upgrades seem to count more than the player themselves. If I use a Prime that caps out at 425 without a skill, I get nothing to hit. If I use a Prime that caps out at 420 with a skills boost, I get a lot more hittable pitches. Maybe there's something to that. 

With Neris this week, my first run at him I don't even think they gave my batter a bat. I wish I would've had Norm Cash with Table Leg Skill. Maybe then I could've gotten a weak popup to short. 

My second run at him, he actually threw me several wide hooks instead of his normal GLUder pitch. I don't know what else to call a pitch that no one in the history of baseball has ever even attempted to throw. I don't even understand the physics of a pitch that simultaneously speeds up and breaks 15 feet. Anyone with a PhD in physics who can explain what forces would need to be placed on a baseball to make that happen, feel free. 

Anyway, his hooks were actually hittable for me. I got 3 singles in a row on curves. I was almost certain I was going to get a steady diet of Gluders after that. But, I got back to back fastballs. The first one I drove into the gap to plate 3 runs. The second fastball I homered to tie the game. Then he went back to curves. I got 2 straight curves for singles.

That's when the Gluder finally came out. I didn't even swing at the first set. 3 strikes. 1 out. Second set. 3 more strikes. 2 out. Finally, he threw me one more slow hook. I hit it as hard as I've hit a curve in this game. One hopped the left field wall. Scored the winning run.