My Last Feedback to GLU

miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
I'm not going to stop playing the game. It's a fun diversion. 

I am however going to stop giving my feedback on the game, as that is clearly a waste of time. GLU doesn't want to make the gaming experience better. They simply want to see how much money they can extract from suckers and cheaters before all of the suckers catch on and all of the cheaters move on. They're simply hoping they can run that gauntlet until the release of 2019 when the cheaters will be back at square one for a couple of months and the suckers will get to enjoy a new con for a short period of time. 

Here's my last feedback. 

Everyone who plays this game and is active in the forums, on Facebook, and through Twitter knows the top clubs are filled with cheaters and hackers. That's not even a controversial statement. Some of the guys in those clubs might push back on that notion until you pin them down on the specific cheats they're using. Then they simply justify their cheating by saying they're still spending money on the game. They just want to get the bang for their bucks that they expect. That's why they cheat. 

Event Royale is the perfect example of how the cheaters and scammers have made the game unplayable for those who aren't willing or able to cheat or scam in some way. Here's how they're doing it. If anyone at GLU actually pays attention, it may be in your best interest to shut it down. Unless, of course, you're truly just hoping to keep the cheaters and suckers spending money long enough to get to your next version. 

It's common knowledge that hackers long ago learned how to mod the mystery boxes in the game to change the odds of receiving a certain prize. They can set the odds of receiving the reward they desire to 1000 out of 1000 and the odds of receiving anything else to 0 out of 1000. They openly talk about this on Facebook just about every day. 

They've also learned how to hack the reward system for Walk Off hero to give a user all of the rewards for beating the tower when they simply beat one round. So, if a user beats Level 1.1, they get all of the rewards for beating all of the levels, including the mystery boxes on Level 5, which contain most of the bonus players for the event. 

Combining these two hacks, they send all of their players to play Walk Off first. Once they've beaten Level 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4, they have all of the players in the Mystery Box, and all of the bonus players for the entire event. Then it's just a matter of using whatever other mods they've discovered to maximize those player's productions. 

I won't propose any solution to this problem here. I'll only say that guys like me who don't cheat like this are catching on and tuning out. Why would anyone spend real money to play a game against other people who are manipulating the outcomes with impunity? 

My last feedback is quite simple. GLU needs to make their choice here. They're either going to continue to reward the cheaters, many of whom do actually spend decent money to augment their cheating. Or, they're going to protect the integrity of their game from cheaters so that non-cheaters, who also spend money on the game, have a level playing field. 

If they choose the cheaters, their longterm growth is significantly limited. If they choose to protect their integrity, they can likely see a hundred fold increase in the popularity of their game.