WoH rewards for 10-29-18!!!

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Fairly painless today. I cycled twice, and pulled Turner and Fisk.  Can't ask for better than that...but I won't level up either, because I have Sig Muncy and Legend Posada fully leveled already. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    That's my wish right there @Metsicans ...  I wonder if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, that off the few "fastballs" I get in the late rounds of level 5 in particular, I get mostly slow grounders for attempted double plays or pop ups to midfield? I adjust my timing to try and make sure I smack 'em good and go opposite field but results so far suck - with Reggie and Bagwell btw. Super annoying
    It's all done with mirrors
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Now 2 for 17 vs Kershaw and added Abreu whom if I didn’t get McGriff would probably have become my 1st baseman.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    All I can say is that if Kershaw had pitched like today in real life in the past week then I would have had 3 485 prime batters now instead of just 1 :|
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    Giants fan here... so not going to complain about Kershaw's performance in the past week.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2018
    I haven't even gotten past the Severino's yet! 

Seems like I'll hit a rocket to the wall in the gap, and there's the corner outfielder just standing there flat-footed at the warning track to grab the can o' corn... sheesh.
    I like to whine, so here's more, in an effort to save some gold I've tried video restarts twice in 5.10 AFTER I've already forced a game reboot etc. and it froze both times anyway... not that it probably matters, I'm not getting even close with kershaw after 5 attempts... I know Bagwell ain't a powerhouse but even full boosts are not doing anything when I do get a rare fastball.... just another irritating day.
    I’m guessing Willie Mays with his boost vs lefties might fare decently well against Kershaw. But I am not even close to getting to him yet. Hopefully I’ll have some time to try a few more tonight!
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    That’s alright I got video unavailable, so I used gold and then all of a sudden during the round the video started playing over the game then continued where I left off with the starting screen overlaying the gameplay. 2 times...now when it says unavailable I let it sit at the screen and it eventually plays the video
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Based on my own experience and things I've heard, gold is doing well vs Kershaw while silver is struggling. Whit/Story seems to be doing really well for the gold players. Meanwhile, Mantle owners are dragging along and struggling. I have no doubt that gold is the place to be if cycling WoH is the goal. You don't even need legends.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I'm silver and already cycled once in just my forth try vs Kershaw (no gold used, just twice to round 5.10 with the video each time). Got Turner, which was not what I wanted (I wanted Abreu or Fisk). In any case, I used Signature Martinez at 470 to beat Kershaw. If only Glu had already updated BOS signatures to 485, it would have been awesome.
    @tocopan18 I've been checking all day to see if Martinez has gone to 485 as well but no dice so I used signature Puig instead. At 275 he actually did better for me versus Banks at 278.

• Dezal16Dezal16 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Banks not getting it done today
    edited October 2018
    Ripley's Believe It or Not.... I finally cycled, got Turner, so I'm ok.... no pxp as always but at least I got thru, I was chewing nails coz I had no spits in the house ;)
    Btw Bagwell and lots of patience finally succeeded 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @sandpipers do you have sign puig or sign martinez? They might be a better choice for kershaw.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    0-8 on Keshaw with banks, guess it’s time to try someone else
    @dkarski87 unfortunately no, I've got Reggie , Bagwell,  Sig Correa and potm yelich as my top 4...turner when I eventually level him up lol
    @Sandpipers congrats. Turner is going to be a beast for you. Got him on the 1st cycle but can't use him since I already have Muncy.

Thx @Houmy perseverance was really the order of the day. .. just to give you guys an idea of my dedication /addiction/nutsoism towards this game, I had to take my son to an out of town hockey game and have been in the car, tablet tethered to my phone, so that I could try to cycle again lol!  I must leave to watch his game now only getting back to 4.6... see ya tomorrow :)
    @dfbb & @Sandpipers any predictions as to who is going to be offered on Wednesday? I'm leaning towards Ted and maybe a pitcher as a secondary legend.

• ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    0-14...had bases loaded with no outs and two runs in already and I line drive into a triple play. Not my night 
    Anyone has signature Turner maxed in gold yet? If not does anyone remember what Muncy's number were at bronze 1? Turner's low speed makes me think he may be worth leveling up and retiring Muncy instead for higher hit/power.

edited October 2018
    @Recliner ouch. That hurts but if its any  comfort we've all been there at one point. 

Finally got it with 12 minutes to spare! Didn’t mind the 9 restarts on Kershaw since I needed a third baseman badly. Haven’t opened the boxes yet, had to come post here first because I was so excited lol. Can’t wait to go gold so this is easier (or so I hear- shouldn’t need 9 restarts with a 290 Willie Mays vs 171 Kershaw plus a vs LHP skill to boot).
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy I wouldn't mind the players you mentioned at all! 4x cycles for me and it was 2x Abreu, 2x Price. No biggie because there wasn't a 'must have' player in the box for me. Hopefully, my luck was being saved for Royale! I slow played a bit and the club finished first so it's a good day. 'Grats to all the new Turner owners!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @JEDDDOGGY hope it's what you wanted.

edited October 2018
    @Houmy got the Abreu! I had throwback Rizzo at 1B and a regular ol Gurriel at 3rd. So, significant improvements. However I’m replacing two regular XP guys with two prime XP guys and suck at slugfest so cant cycle that for PXP (still can’t figure out how to get decent sluggers without actually beating the tower with my crappy sluggers haha).
    @DFBB I personally wouldn't mind Ted at all either. Holding off on leveling any new legends I get for a few weeks to see if they put him out there. No must haves for me tonight either and I cycled just 5 times with minimum gold spent and a 6th level 4 for the xp. Got Abreau twice and the others one each but don't see myself spending the LXP on Fisk right now since I'm happy with 430 Contreras. 

@JEDDDOGGY congrats on the Abreau. He may not be what you were going for but still not bad getting two 430 batters in one night. 

As far as derby goes if you have had a hard time cycling before then getting past level 5 would still be great for the 18.5k pxp. I personally quit playing it once they introduced royale as I make the same, or more, pxp playing that now and some lxp as well. Derby wss getting too tedious. 

• TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Cycled once today at the price of 3k gold. Had no time at all, so that cycle was squeezed into around thirty minutes. Pulled abreu (I seem to have pulled the 375/1000 batter six times in a row now), but I'm happy since first base and third base are two of my three holes in my batting lineup (potw carpenter, baby giraffe). Really wanted turner but it is what it is.
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL