More New Players...

SantashelperSantashelper Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
More new versions of the same old players (and no legend bonus)...guess who won't be playing this weekend? Lol.

Comments

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Me neither. Another boring weekend event. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Haven't logged in yet. Is the Thanksgiving version of Trout out yet? 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @Houmy Halloween is over, its now Christmas season... thanksgiving just gets overlooked. So we should see Santa Hat Trout soon, Or Big Red Sack Trout!
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    @nym5fan I demand that GLU embraces and respects all faiths so I fully expect to see the Kwanzaa as well as Hanukkah Trout in December as well.

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    This is far beyond ridiculous.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Are they going to put any boxes in the store or is everyone going into the event bonus-less?
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @Houmy as a man of Jewish faith I would welcome a Hannukah Harry Trout any day! lol
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    I'll make it happen in 2020 @nym5fan

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I just got Festivus Pole Manny Machado Max 200 and Special skill against Foot on the bag Steve Pearce Hoping he holds up in c vs c
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    To add insult to injury, I took a shot at the clutch box cause I liked the yelich in there. Got David bote. Not getting bonus points for his rbis XD what a waste. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I won't go for any, particularly in the clutch box because for sure I'll get my 6th version of yelich...
    It's all done with mirrors
    There's a real danger that I'm gonna get productive again on the weekends... the job jar may start emptying... I'm token playing the prime event just to generate gloves to level up my little club... if it wasnt for cvc, weekends would only be about video playing... ugh
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

The weekends are especially pointless once you get to the point where none of the players in the box help you.  At one point over the summer I pulled a 208 gold Benintendi and he was my starter for a while, so I didn't feel too badly about the gold spent for him.  Now, I would spend thousands of gold for a guy who under normal circumstances wouldn't even make my bench, like Bote.  Then, I have to use gold, evo and xp to level him up so he's useful at gold level.  And even then, they took most of the gold out of the weekend event, so I'm probably not getting anything in return except picks that will turn into xp.

It's a lot easier to just skip the weekend and conserve resources for the next week.  

@Metsicans as far as the boxes goes at this time of the year and this years version there isn't really much that GLU can do to please everyone. For most of us on this forum that have played this version from day 1 the boxes would be useless and as you said it yourself wouldn't even make our bench. But for those that started late the 435 & 365 players would be a huge improvement.

I started the 17 version late July myself for the 1st time and it was around this time of the year that I got my 2nd prime player so I would have jumped, and did so, at boxes like these.

The problem started in summer, when it just became pointless to grind out the weekend event. It was never a big interest for me autoplaying to get as many points as possible over 3 days, but when you realize you're not only spending many hours but also often a lot of gold, to get very little in return, you stop. I bought the bonus boxes regularly because the players were significant upgrades to my 4.5* and 5* players while also generating points for high ranking. Once the significant upgrade potential subsided as well, that was it for me. Late comers to the game for sure still need and deserve the chance to upgrade their teams and compete whIle the company needs to generate revenue. But for those who've played since release day, the weekend event serves no purpose at all and the weekend boxes usually have no value in them. I don't have the same calibre of team as many of my brothers have in this forum, but even for me, max 435 Primes are of no use.... I can only improve with max 460-470 and above guys. So, not only do I wait for woh to hopefully cycle for pxp and to a much lesser degree lxp, I hope to get a strong legend or two...and the elusive atg. It's the most fun event to play, despite the frustration of some of the relentless unhittable curves we get and frustration of pulling the lower end players from the reward box. So, I play woh, cvc, slugfest and now token playing of tuesday/weekend events just to get gloves to level up the club to qualify for better rewards in cvc. Once the club gets to diamond, the prime events will not be played. We all made suggestions about making the weekends more enjoyable and to have a purpose (Royale as an example) but I guess that won't happen until maybe next year.
    Houmy said:
    @Metsicans as far as the boxes goes at this time of the year and this years version there isn't really much that GLU can do to please everyone. For most of us on this forum that have played this version from day 1 the boxes would be useless and as you said it yourself wouldn't even make our bench. But for those that started late the 435 & 365 players would be a huge improvement.

I started the 17 version late July myself for the 1st time and it was around this time of the year that I got my 2nd prime player so I would have jumped, and did so, at boxes like these.

I don't disagree with you, Houmy -- I'm not going to blame Glu because my team is too strong to benefit from very good prime players.  My problem isn't with the boxes, it's with the fact that the boxes are the sole means of acquiring bonus players.  In 2017, the bonus guys were often legends or primes who had already been released, sometimes even regular players that you may have stashed on your bench.  That kept the game fun and fresh on the weekends -- and if you had nothing one weekend, you might have one the next. Now, you have to spend thousands on boxes for the chance to get a player who will help you for 2.5 days, and then the next week, you have to do it again.

That's my issue.  The weekend event is basically pay to play now.  Exclusively.  And for those of us above silver, the cost is pretty exorbitant. 

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I mean this isnt anything new.  I actually enjoy the break outside of CVC on the weekends.  And even CVC im not super into.
    I mean this isnt anything new.  I actually enjoy the break outside of CVC on the weekends.  And even CVC im not super into.

True.  But some hoped -- or at least I hoped -- that they would go back to a more expansive bonus point approach after the season was over.  I mean there are only so many "Cool Shades" and "Chains Out" possibilities, amiright? 
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    True.  But some hoped -- or at least I hoped -- that they would go back to a more expansive bonus point approach after the season was over.  I mean there are only so many "Cool Shades" and "Chains Out" possibilities, amiright? 
    Don't poke the bear!
    I did buy some Clutch Kings boxes because I couldn't stomach spending gold on something called "Chains Out".
    I'm so bored I'm actually waiting for freestufffriday which I haven't participated in a month lol
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    They did it on FB like an hour ago, I missed it too. Why not fix the dam gold problem first!!!! Patience running very thin.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    edited November 2018
    Got Jones from the free box so at least I can post some points at 50K/hit. Just got him to silver 10 though. No point wasting the xp & evo for a weekend player. Even with the leveling discount. 

• forlornclamstampforlornclamstamp Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    pulled Castellanos. putting up big numbers. not mad about that. he balled out for me in the potw version too
    You’re gonna enjoy Castellanos for CvC. He adds 500x to the multiplier.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Houmy, or anyone...what is the leveling discount?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    discount for leveling weekend players only. You save xp, cash, gold and evo when leveling these players from the box.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Houmy, or anyone...what is the leveling discount?
    You get it as a club from your finish on the bonus game event.  10, 20 or 30% discount for the upper level finishes.  Pretty sweet when you consider it applies not only to blue xp players but to primes as well as the special skills.  Makes renting cheaper and a big bargain for someone who gets a player who they will use going forward as they can max them out "on sale".