Walk off zero? Or hero?

newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
I had 5 k gold to start this event.  Had a bit of trouble with snell to finish level 4.  After 4 retrys I got fastballs to win it.   Then we do level 5!!!
     Got to last pitcher with little trouble using my game changer Soto lefty,  last 4 I think were righty.  Well then 5.10 happened,    With boost I was fairly stronger but can’t hit the high curves and after 3 k gold in retrys it’s still curves galor.  
   Enough is enough,   Stop scamming the players and stealing our gold and money, I spend a big amount into game to keep my gold supply and have no trouble to spend it,  but now I’m getting mad!!!    
     With 12 retrys I should have earned a fair match!!   I get 3-4 fastballs in total,  gotta score 6 runs , that is physically impossible to do with high curves that can’t make contact, and lower curves that will pop up every time!!     
    Every event has bonus players that we have to try to get with a pathetic 2.5 % chance!!    Then gotta buy the xp to level them, because glu doesn’t give us close to enough in rewards.    Now to top it off, this late into game, most of those players are trade-ins after event!!    So all that gold for what?    Just to throw them away?     Give us a break man!!!
     The event boxes need a 20% chance at lower players, 5 % for the top!!   That is more then reasonable , and most will still spend there 10-20 k in gold n e ways.  Either try for 2-3 bonus players, or buy xp boxes to get the most of the 1 we get!!    It’s called customer satisfaction!!!     I understand we can’t all have top players but a club of 20 and usually 1 of us get a good player, and that is rarely me!!!

Well to wrap this up, I am starting to get upset with many things here and if the game doesn’t bring joy and peace at mind , then we lost what we play for!!!    That makes me start to second think spending any more money into this just to be upset and feel like I’m being scammed!!    Glu you are taking the fun away,   I’d just like to remind you that 
FUN IS WHY WE PLAY!!!

Comments

• NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    100% well said. I say I'm quitting out of frustration every week then come back and play thinking maybe, just maybe Glu has changed the odds to at least make it somewhat fair if you keep trying only to again quit in frustration because it is possibly even worse than last weeks. If you have a mid 80k team, I think that's means you spent enough money and time at least to have a FAIR shot at cycling without spending a ton of gold. Particularly when the hitter is waaaaay above the pitcher in his overall number.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Ask any of the experienced woh guys here, and we will all tell you the same thing. Do not spend gold on restarts, play your way back to 5-10. Its not worth 240g to reply it. As you you pointed out the pitch sequence usually wont change. I made this mistake last week and I NEVER restart with gold anymore. I got stuck on Snell last week in 5-10 and no matter what I did or used I couldn't beat him. FB, Curves, it didn't matter. I spent about 3k gold on restarts and still couldn't beat him. Took a break for a few hours, came back to it and cycles 4 or 5 times with ease as usual. Point is, do not spend gold on restarts! Play your way back and autoplay 1 to 6 if you can.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    I just wish someone who is associated with glu would read and hear our cry’s.   AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!     I do not complain about much, actually it’s quite the opposite, I strongly defend glu and it’s team!!    I’m very understanding about things,   But not a money sucking scam!!!    Can’t and won’t understand that!!!     All I’m asking is to make it fair, and make it affordable for more then the wealthy!!    
      #MAKETSBFUNAGAIN
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I beat it the last few weeks with no gold used at all.  Never spent a penny on this game and have a 100k+ team.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    What others have said, with the way things work now I won’t unless pressed for time will pay for anything besides boosts because getting to 5.10 isn’t as painful and the 5.10 pitchers lately have been in the 210-230ish range at gold vs the pitchers with stuff ratings in the 260-270+ range throwing sharp sliders and sweeping breaking balls that you’d have trouble hitting with an ironing board.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I typically am able to cycle 5-6 times depending on how much time I have.  Here's my advice:

1)  If you struggle to beat Level 4, you need to improve your lineup before you're even in a position to beat Level 5.  You need at least a couple Prime or Prime level that are maxed or near maxed at your level to have a shot.  If you're gold and going at 5-10 with a prime Gold 4 or Gold 5, or a regular 5 star maxed at 10, that's probably not going to get it done.  I am gold and my best are a max 485 Prime Signature Martinez at Gold 10, and a max 476 Legend Banks at Gold 10.  You can get it done with maxed out Primes that max out in the low 400s, but it may take time.  

2).   Prime and Legend XP are the most precious resources in this game,  and frankly, if you leveled up past gold, you're probably never going to have enough of it to level up your top guys to where you need them.  It blows my mind when guys acquire these top players and can't figure out why they're not producing when they're sitting at Bronze 10.  Even Babe Ruth doesn't do you any good if you're Platinum and you can't afford to level him up past Silver.

3.  Unhittable curves/pitches are a red herring.  Yes, they're generally unhittable and predetermined outs, but they're the game's way of telling you that your player isn't good enough to defeat that pitcher.  The better he gets, and the better he matches up, the more hittable pitches you see.  It doesn't mean you still won't get unhittable pitches from time to time, but your odds increase.  

4.  Just because you get an unhittable pitch,  don't give up on it.  Take the pitch.  Once in awhile, you'll get lucky and the pitcher might throw Ball 4 or change the pitch sequence.  Or sometimes if you have a runner on you can at least advance the runner even on an unhittable pitch.

5.  As Dkarski said, don't spend gold on continues, as frustrating as it is to start over.  It's just a bad value, and as I said, if you're spending 5000 gold and having no success,  chances are your guy is just not good enough.  If that's the case,  accept your limitations and be patient on continuing to build up your team so you can get to the point where you are good enough.  Trying to force the issue will just lead to frustration.  

6.  Make note of the time when you use your video continue.  Video continues refresh every 30 minutes.  If it's been 20 minutes since your last use and you reach 5-10, wait 10 minutes to play so you can get 2 cracks at 5-10 without using gold to continue.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited November 2018
    #3 and #5 are gold.  Only in #3 the way I see it is that for a given player they have a certain percentage odds of being ALLOWED to win on a given turn.  Say a max 420 player gets 2/10 chances to win vs a max 485 player who will get 4/10 chances.  If you happen to pull that chance you still need to execute and choose/hit the pitches into the right areas, but you will get the pitches and the opportunity to win.

If you don't pull the chance, you will get curves on curves and can read the writing on the wall long before the 3rd out.  That being said, some of the scripts include running the table on 2 outs so never give up but you will begin to see trends and familiar (dreaded) sequences the more you play and win (and lose).  

I never pay for restarts;  if it isn't happening I work my way back up for a fresh chance and what I feel are marginally better odds on pulling the good script.  Maybe it's just me but I think that # of attempts with a qualified batter factor into the algorithm and the more tries at a given level with a batter who is qualified the better the chance of pulling that winning script are, so long as those attempts are not one immediately after the other.  With marketing and overall goals of the developer in mind, they want us the user to be online with them as long as possible.  For me the way I read results is that once I have a lineup that is good enough to win, I need to spend a given amount of time in the game to get results, which seem to yield when I manually play back up to 5-10 from 5-6 or 5-7.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Some of my personal favorites are the base hit with 2 outs down 1 and the runner doesn’t score from 2nd, or the dread knowing you missed winning, and then the 10th inning is 9 sliders.  In a given WoH event I cycle on average 3 or 4 times and get around 12-18 chances at 5.10.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Some of my personal favorites are the base hit with 2 outs down 1 and the runner doesn’t score from 2nd, or the dread knowing you missed winning, and then the 10th inning is 9 sliders.  In a given WoH event I cycle on average 3 or 4 times and get around 12-18 chances at 5.10.
    Yeah, baserunning in WOH is quite comical, and any real 3B coach in WOH would be fired immediately after failing repeatedly to adhere to any actual baseball strategy, as they seem to pay no mind to the situation regarding the score and outs when making baserunning decisions.

After awhile I find you can pretty accurately anticipate which singles are going to advance runners 2 bases and which aren't.  Doubles seem to pretty much be a crapshoot though.