World Series Champions box for $20.00

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
While I personally wouldn't buy one as honestly a 435 max won't make my roster this is actually the best box I've seen offered so far where the odds/contents are concerned. 30% chance of getting a 435 max prime, 50% odds of 2K gold (which is about what you would normally pay for it) and 20% odds of 5K PXP. Now that the official baseball season is over I hope this will be the trend for new boxes released.

I have a feeling though that we will see better players offered eventually as World Series Trophy players so hopefully once/if those are offered the odds/contents remain the same and no more blue cash or BXP.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yea agree 100%.

I personally wouldnt buy it but its probably the best pay deal they've had 
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Agreed. Thats pretty solid!
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Yes for the deal but expecting that max numbers will increase to Sig prime levels for the WS at least... meaning the 470-485 range... I was surprised to see the max 435 levels were what was offered
    It's all done with mirrors
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Only way I'd buy it is if I knew for sure I'd get Leon. Skill vs RHP would come in handy in WOH given the recent gauntlet of right handed pitchers they've thrown at us, but it seems pitchers are kind of useless overall barring you have the 50k per strikeout bonus guy from the 500 gold daily boxes.
  • VellocetVellocet Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Garbage deal 20 bucks for a 30pct chance at a player that is mediocre woh fodder at this stage of the game. Maybe compared to previous deals it looks good but if you pay 20 bucks you should be getting the prime player guaranteed. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Sandpipers I think that if they were getting boosted down the road they would have mentioned that as it would be a good selling point. Either that or maybe it's the reverse error of Aaron and in this case they are actually meant to be higher.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @Houmy I was thinking more along the lines that like the All Stars, there would be two tiers of player... in this case the journeymen vs the star players but still all primes. However, Price, given his performances, would not have come out as the lower tier version. Anyway, whatever I was thinking, I'm still surprised that they've come out at max 435 instead of 450 and higher.... it's a good point about Aaron though, and just like many of the pricing they do with the "Specials" they'll probably come out with an offer of regular priced guys at $199 discounted to $69;for a guaranteed prime max 435 and a 2.5% chance at a max 485 prime with 2 skills and no photo.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I wanted a crack at leon cause hes a switch hitter pulled him on first try and he starts for me over ramos prime so id say its a winner. Probably not much help to the guys with a bunch of legends.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Vellocet said:
    Garbage deal 20 bucks for a 30pct chance at a player that is mediocre woh fodder at this stage of the game. Maybe compared to previous deals it looks good but if you pay 20 bucks you should be getting the prime player guaranteed. 
    20bucks in this game is like throwing a bucket of water in the ocean.  Absolutely no way 20 bucks should guarantee a prime player;  30% chance for a $20 is pretty much as good as it gets as Houmy said.  435 max players are nothing to sneeze at even at this stage of the game....plenty of  good teams with a backbone of less and depending on your squad, either of these guys might be a needed missing piece.  Good catchers always have someone in need chasing them.