Options

WoH for 11-12-18: just too godly!!!

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @nym5fan if I have my way you'll have all the "cake" you can handle in 2020 :wink: . As far as bonuses goes I am glad All Star box Merrifield is a recycled player that I kept as he is too good to trade in.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I definitively think yesterday was a bit harder in some of the latest rounds. Even rounds 4.9, 4.10 were taking me way longer than usual. And then 5.7 through 5.10 were beatable but harder, taking many retries (i don't mean gold retries).
    5.10 i won it easily the first two times (video retries only) early afternoon. The other 3 times i cycled in the rest of the day, oh boy, it took me a lot of effort and even some times 500-1200 gold in retries.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Btw a shout out to @JEDDDOGGY who has for two wohs now helped me be aware of pitchers with rhp/lhp skills that I've overlooked. Now that I'm once again low with lefty betters for my top 4, that info has helped a great deal :) thx bro
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I did beat it once very early in the day (got Simmons who I already had, but also of course got Freeman, wanted him so that was good / didn't come away empty handed)... but then it seemed like a couple pitchers got harder. Namely, Miller and Buehler. 

Had Buehler on the ropes with about 10 minutes left in the event at 10:50 central time. Bases loaded, score 9-8 with one out. Three curveballs. Two outs. Fastball. Ground out to pitcher. Ball game.
  • Options
    @Sandpipers for sure! Buehler was one of those weird ones too where his skill is the opposite of a normal platoon advantage. I think they got me with Verlander and someone else before too. Used lefty against him like 10 times until I figured out he has boost against them LOL. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY The grind your currently experiencing in silver would be a thing of the past. If it were me, I'd take Mays to gold and maybe another legend depending on your resources. It's significantly easier in gold than silver. Most of my club has made the transition and every single person is having a lot more fun. Your affinity for your legends is totally understandable. I was in the same situation, but decided that I didn't want to grind all day for a few cycles only to see my gold friends cycle non stop. Just something to think about. Whatever your idea of fun is, go with that and you'll never be wrong. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I bought a schwin...closest ill get to a cycle...Might ride it and play WOH
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But from people's testimonies, it seems like cycling WOH gets gradually easier with every level up with the same equivalent player.  

Example:  A Bronze team with a team of maxed out Bronze 10 Primes and legends will have the hardest time cycling, followed by a Silver team with the same players at Silver 10, etc. etc. and in theory, a Diamond team with a bunch of maxed out Diamond 10 Primes and Legends should have the easiest time cycling.

Is that accurate?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @DFBB yeah, but I want to have my cake and eat it too (paging @Houmy) ;-)

Seriously though, I am considering just going to Gold and taking Mays with me and then just worrying about leveling my other legends afterward. I have some decent-ish players (anywhere from 360-435 max) that can fill in at the other legend positions for the time being and probably have enough firepower elsewhere as I'd need it for WOH (Signature JD, my new Arenado and other 435 max guys that are blue XP and have a skill).

365 max Ramos with vs L skill could fill in at catcher while Scoscia is awaiting LXP.
    I can certainly find another DH while Brett is awaiting LXP.
    I have a 365 max Keuchel who is a blue XP guy that could enter the rotation for Perry temporarily.

Really, really considering it... 
  • Options
    I don't have any experience in plat, but that appears to be the case. I had several nice legends and it wasn't until I got the Babe that WoH became fairly reasonable for me. Even then, I'd go through lulls where I'd be 'stuck' for a short while. I went gold, took both of my ATGs, traded in all my other legends and I absolutely coasted yesterday. 

@Mattattack Found out first hand the difference between gold and silver last night. He's just annoyed that he didn't make the move earlier. :)
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @DFBB and @JEDDDOGGY you guys are making think about doing a jump too.... I quit SF other than getting my 15k pxp from Level 5. Royale totally took the wind out of that game mode. Used to be my favorite and I was and am still a beast at it. Just seems like a waste of my time now though for Legends I will never want to upgrade with the resources so scarce. It might be time to just focus on my everyday players and take them up to the next level... maybe tomorrow while I am still silver I cycle SF for a bunch of PXP before making the jump. One last SF hoorah!
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    I’ve been considering the jump too, but not sure yet. The thing about the “improved” chances of cycling woh in gold (vs silver) is that yeah, you may get to cycle more, which in turn translates to more (or better) players, but them starting at bronze 1 makes it even harder to upgrade once you went to gold. Unless you want to spend lots of money buying resources. That’s what have me concerned and still undecided. 
    If players could start at level 1 of your team current tier, that would make it more appealing. 
  • Options
    @tocopan18 I totally agree... @DFBB and @JEDDDOGGY are just making it sound so appealing lol. 
  • Options
    I know  :D
  • Options
    @tocopan18 but in my case, I'm not sure what new / better players I'm going to get at this point. Maybe an ATG, but I'll gladly take that chance. It is rare now for me to get a player that I want to upgrade (other than bonus players, now that's a whole other issue- if I want to help my club, I'd better be able to adequately level up any bonus guys I acquire).
  • Options
    @tocopan18 Last night was a great example of why I went gold. I felt Arenado was a 'cant miss' player. When those type of players come along, I feel like I need to open as many boxes as I can. Nothing is guaranteed, but more cycles means more chances. I know that resources are much more difficult in higher tiers, but I'd rather struggle for resources than struggle to get players. Really, it just forces us to be selective in terms of how we spend our resources. On top of that, I really don't miss the silver grind.
  • Options
    I am going to stop visiting this thread. All this talk about going up in tiers is ever so tempting me to go platinum and then worry about the EVO later. Maybe then I will finally get around to opening all the unopened draft boxes I've been staring at for more than a month as then I could use the BXP, or occasional PXP, I'll get from them.

• Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @tocopan18 but in my case, I'm not sure what new / better players I'm going to get at this point. Maybe an ATG, but I'll gladly take that chance. It is rare now for me to get a player that I want to upgrade (other than bonus players, now that's a whole other issue- if I want to help my club, I'd better be able to adequately level up any bonus guys I acquire).
    I totally understand, 
    I'm also at a point where except 2B at 430, the rest of my guys are 470+ (including 2x 480, 1x 485, 1 x 490 and 1 x 520), so not too many players actually needed. That being said, what's the point then in cycling more often in gold (right now in silver I cycle 3-5 times) if i won't use the players i get? Do you see my point?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @DFBB Silver tier just called. Said they miss you even though you don't miss them. You don't call, you don't write? :smirk: What's your team strength up to now? How do you fare on starting pitchers? Itching to start that game against you.

• Options
    @tocopan18 one advantage of cycling more in gold would be WOH on Wednesdays for the PXP & LXP. And keep in mind that they will offer better and stronger players as they want us to chase them but in your case the appeal of new players may not be as strong except for 2B of course.

• Options
    @Houmy Can we wait 4 hours and 20 minutes? I need to finish my seasonal finals so that the Mick can be capped! :) My starters are solid. No legend pitchers to speak of. Also, team strength is just eye candy. 
  • Options
    We wait for the Mick then. Hopefully by then I can have Garvey replace my Freeman too.

• Options
    Houmy said:
    @tocopan18 one advantage of cycling more in gold would be WOH on Wednesdays for the PXP & LXP. And keep in mind that they will offer better and stronger players as they want us to chase them but in your case the appeal of new players may not be as strong except for 2B of course.

Agree. 
    Really tempting, if only i had more resources accumulated at this point. I barely have like 300k blue xp, like 100k prime xp and a crappy 900 legend xp. Oh and like 60 evo tokens. I have a ton of inactive maxed out primes that would give me maybe another 40-50 pxp but that's it. 
    Not enough to make the jump at this point.
  • Options
    With only 32k in pxp and not being a slugfest killer, my heavily laden prime team would lose whatever momentum I have if i were to make the jump rugh now. I've made great strides the last couple months with regular cycling and sometimes multicycling of woh, but unfortunately the last few weeks I haven't been getting the big rewards out of the boxes that would make the effort less challenging. I'm trying to decide whether I should add 435 yelich into the middle of my lineup or increase the skill level of Reggie or Bagwell, or just be more patient and see what happens wednesday... 
  • Options
    I would increase the skill levels @Sandpipers, Yelich is on my roster and I don't even use him anymore. I wouldn't waste the resources on him. If he was a top of you lineup Lefty then sure. But mid is a waste in my opinion. That skill boost could be what gets you a cycle. 
  • Options
    Thx @nym5fan I was leaning that way but you've confirmed it... I tried pulling 450 freeman up and for some reason he (me) didn't fare too well against kimbrel so I went with reggie who did much better than the previous meeting they had. I'll boost their skills and if I pull a great lefty or switch hitter (read legend/atg lol) than the pxp won't matter anyway.
    It's so great to get the advice and support from all of you, really good bunch of guys on here :)
  • Options
    Anytime @Sandpipers and totally agree with that last statement!
  • Options
    @tocopan18 I do actually enjoy playing the thing if I could have just a little more success and a lot less frustration. So that’s one aspect. As I mentioned before, I’m also a “collector” so gaining new players interests me even if I have no use for them in the game itself. I hoard lots of inactives :) 
  • Options
    ^ @JEDDDOGGY the TSB version of Hoarders, LOL
  • Options
    nym5fan said:
    ^ @JEDDDOGGY the TSB version of Hoarders, LOL
    :D