Anyone regret going platinum? Diamond?

Comments

• chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    bigpred. you think I have a shot with a diamond 9 at 420 with lefty skill at 13 for woh or should I move on to another player to boost
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    bigpred. you think I have a shot with a diamond 9 at 420 with lefty skill at 13 for woh or should I move on to another player to boost
    I sent you a PM on here. It really can depend on who the player is and how that player is built. Could be close
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    What are the platinum rewards for each tier??  Anybody have a screenshot?
  • BWCAPPSBWCAPPS Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I definitely do regret going platinum. I’m sitting at about 120k team strength and it’s a struggle to get EVO
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    Rewards aren’t great for platinum...especially if you need EVO. 

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Diamond rewards are 7500 gold each tier with bonus tix and cash. I just went to diamond and its not terrible (WOH is ehh), but leveling them up could become a challenge. The last tier of Diamond you get 650 evo after winning 1000 bonus games and afterward you can cycle that as much as you need (from my understanding)
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I'd post a SS, but currently watching videos for gold hahaha.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Diamond rewards are 7500 gold each tier with bonus tix and cash. I just went to diamond and its not terrible (WOH is ehh), but leveling them up could become a challenge. The last tier of Diamond you get 650 evo after winning 1000 bonus games and afterward you can cycle that as much as you need (from my understanding)
    Correct. Your WOH rewards will take a hit for quite some time but you'll be swimming in gold and more evo than you could ever need if you do it correctly. I've been cycling every other week (gotta give my fingers some rest from time to time) and that's real money I no longer have to spend on gold, which is the equivalent to $200+ per month.

Major props to @Bigpredfan for sharing his Diamond strategy.
    Glad the advice helped @LudwigMonster. It took me a long time to get back to cycling (2-3 months and a Black Friday deal), but that’s what I get from going gold to diamond in 8 days with 0 resources saved except bonus games. It was like I was completely starting over. If you have a team that can win a lot of bonus games, diamond is a blast. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Just went plat a few days ago and am loving it.  Had to make sure I had the resources but it was a smooth transition
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Correct. Your WOH rewards will take a hit for quite some time but you'll be swimming in gold and more evo than you could ever need if you do it correctly. I've been cycling every other week (gotta give my fingers some rest from time to time) and that's real money I no longer have to spend on gold, which is the equivalent to $200+ per month.

Major props to @Bigpredfan for sharing his Diamond strategy.
    Link to the diamond strategy?

From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    @nym5fan it kinda goes like this 

- forget your pitchers for the most part.  I’ll post my team so you can see what it takes for me. I win 94% of my games and am 150K team strength 
    - cash goes towards tournaments. Upgrades are most likely already good enough 
    - play tournaments and bonus games like a mad man. I am now shooting for 250 wins a day on minimum. get to diamond 6 ASAP and keep cycling 
    - get your top right and top left batter high as possible. For walk-off purposes 
    - blue XP guys are huge in diamond. To go from diamond 9-10 it takes 90K blue XP and 5K gold. For a prime/legend it takes 4500 gold and 95K XP to go from 5-6. 

if I missed anything, I’m sure someone can help me remember 

• louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    @Bigpredfan,
    thanks for the strategy and posting your team.  I just made the jump up to diamond based on what I’ve read from you and from seeing your team I’m not that far behind you, especially at pitcher.  I like the idea of not watching videos and finally getting some evo.  
    @Bigpredfan,
    thanks for the strategy and posting your team.  I just made the jump up to diamond based on what I’ve read from you and from seeing your team I’m not that far behind you, especially at pitcher.  I like the idea of not watching videos and finally getting some evo.  
    Glad it helped. I had to do some math when videos were double gold.  I can win 25 bonus games in 5 minutes with a good internet connection. That’s 100 every 20. 100 gets me 10% of the way to 7500 gold, so 750 gold. So if I could play the games, I played. However if I needed the gold quicker (like I was at win 100 out of 1000), then I watched the videos. 

I just had a clubmate best diamond 6 for the first time last night and he was pumped for the evo. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I'm more scared of going to Platinum than going to Diamond. Is there any approach I should with Platinum? (unsure if I actually want to do this; diamond is tempting)
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm more scared of going to Platinum than going to Diamond. Is there any approach I should with Platinum? (unsure if I actually want to do this; diamond is tempting)
    My approach, which I don’t recommend, was to skip platinum all together and just keep going. Maybe @DFBB could give you advice on platinum as he recently moved there and has been there for about 2-3 weeks I think
    My recommendations is to get through Platinum as fast as possible. Only level up batters that you know you will level up in diamond as well. I would focus on mostly bxp players and maybe 1-2 prime players and 1 legend. You have to be selective once you get past gold because it takes so many resources to level guys up in platinum and diamond. 

My mistake was leveling up too many legends in platinum. I am now struggling to get enough lxp to level up one legend in diamond. The key is really to do the bare minimum to your pitching staff and focus on your top 6 batters with your resources. If you know a guy won’t be a top 6 bat for WOH, don’t level them up. 
    At this point in the year, you should have your lineup established. Knowing who you want to focus on at the diamond level will help you conserve resources and be setup for success once you get to diamond. I really am not interested in getting new players at this point. It is all about leveling up my top players at diamond. Any new players I get won’t be leveled past gold. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I had a lot of resources prior to the jump and was able to cap my top hitters immediately. Plat is just an extension of gold in terms of leveling up new players. WoH is about the same if you can cap players and everything else is much easier/more fun. If you have the resources, I highly recommend platinum. I've been plat for about four weeks now and it's been awesome!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @JEDDDOGGY and for your reference

from gold 10 to platinum 10
    blue XP- roughly 80K
    primes/legends- 188K exactly 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Thanks, everyone. 

Uhmmm... I'm afraid with my OCD that I would not be able to cope with having pitchers and some batters not fully leveled. LOL!

I mean, I may just have to do it once we get closer to '19 though.
    Today is exactly why I don’t regret going diamond. 

My bonus game record today: 1000-10
    2nd round picks gained- 198
    late round picks- 176
    all opened picks about 20,000 XP
    cash went from 1,050,000 to over 2.4 mil
    beat playoffs for gold too after win 725.
    started with 805 bonus games, still have 85 left 

this was fun all day long 

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Damn I might do that soon...I think once I build up enough to cap yellich and a prime I would be alright...really hoping the give us some real info for 2019 soon
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    After I got holiday Trout yesterday I decided that well it’s the last 2ish months of the season let’s do this we’ll go to Diamond.  I don’t really have too many more players that I want to get that I wouldn’t have to make real money purchases for so I think I can make it work.  I have enough prime exp once I get the gold outlay taken care of over time to potentially cap Trout, and enough lxp to bring LL Trout to at least D5 or 6 by the time I’d start on him.  I have EE, GG Arenado and Mauer as my blue exp guys so I have 5 guys that within a month I’ll be a good ways toward getting them back into WoH shape.  I’m a little burnt on WoH so this will make for a nice little detour.  The only thing I feel bad about is not being able to CvC as well for a while but as my team levels up again my score will steadily improve there too.  Would have EE for LHs, and Mauer and Trout for RHs.  The only guy below 475 in my lineup is Camo Scooter at 445 overall I tried for Baez today and went 0-17 lol.  With all this said it feels like I’m starting over again but I still get to use the team I built playing WoH for 6 months so the best of both worlds imo and I’ll be competitive again before I know it.
  • nickg777nickg777 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    What club are you in pred?
    nickg777 said:
    What club are you in pred?
    Sharktank 14. Found these guys about 2-3 months ago. Just my pace 
    I see. I’m in deadly alliance and I seen we got a 1st place shot there. Usually not at the top thanks to xtrash lol
    edited January 2019
    nickg777 said:
    I see. I’m in deadly alliance and I seen we got a 1st place shot there. Usually not at the top thanks to xtrash lol
    Lol. Normally we would have no real shot at top 10, but it was a perfect storm for me yesterday. 

1.  Already had a game changer and Baez already to diamond 3
    2. Had a huge stash of bonus games because I had Trout Wednesday and played tournaments. 
    3.  Wife took the kids somewhere after school so I had plenty of alone time. 

Add all that together and it just worked out 
    Love the days where it works out in ur favor. Slim, but it does happen