WoH Royale for 11-21-18: Gobbling on speculation!

13Next

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I was roughly 0 for 50 against Buehler with an hour left in the event (lost count at some point but 50 is a very accurate estimate). Came within one  run maybe two or three times, never tied it in all of those attempts. I broke down and bought the $49.99 gold and then immediately cycled twice in the next 45 minutes.

This would seem like a coincidence if I had not had this happen multiple times before. I certainly did not feel like I "won" anything.

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Houmy 2200 gold to be exact. Three restarts at 5.10, 40 gold boost each time at 5.10(22-14) and once with Perez. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! 😁
    Gold well spent I'd say for all that XP.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Dang. Sorry to hear about that @JEDDDOGGY. A few guys in my club bought Acuna. If you're having trouble with WoH, he's an amazing value.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2018
    @DFBB - I saw that Acuna, but I have the horses. That shouldn't be a problem. I have ATG Mays. I have both the recent Arenado and Perez that use regular XP, 480 max with two skills. I have Sig Benintendi capped with RISP skill. I have two lefty 470 max legends, both with skill vs RHP. I have Sig JD. I have the legend silver slugger 490 max two skill Torii Hunter. Everybody capped of course with skills between 10 and 14.

I can usually get through a few times, but yesterday it just seemed like someone wrote a line of code somewhere not to let my team win until I bought something hahaha.
    edited November 2018
    WoW! @JEDDDOGGY You definitely have the horses. Also, Gold is calling. :)

Edit: Arenado is a freaking BEAST! Glad you have him.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    edited November 2018
    DFBB said:
    @tocopan18 I would stick with Babe and boost him if necessary.
    That’s what I have been doing. He is capped at silver 10 and both skills at 9%.
    He usually beats Buehler no more than 1-2 retries but yesterday I had to retry several times to beat him. Lots of fastballs but most ending up in ground balls and not-deep-enough fly balls. Weird.
    @tocopan18 I would strongly suggest putting more resources into his vs RHP skill. And even then I'd boost him.
    You may be right about increasing his skill. But boost I used, always the 10% for 40 gold
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    It's weird, and honestly most things I experience in this game are weird to others, but I often get better results when I don't boost
    It's all done with mirrors
    No weird at all. I swear that every time I use the 80 gold boost I do way worse than the lower boosts. That’s why I mostly use the 40 gold boost in 5.10