Is it time for ATGs to get a new boost?

2Next

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    DFBB said:
    All the Babe owners in my club are now using a two skill guy(BF Bryce/Yelich/Trout.etc.) over Babe at 5.10, Myself included. :(

any reason in particular? I mean, unless the stats are almost equal (and you just want to try a diff player) or both skills are active at all times.
    I can concur with @DFBB

I have BF Harper, LL Trout and Babe.  The combo of BF Harper and Trout is over 50 percent against Jansen the last 2 events.  Meanwhile I dont know exact numbers but Babe is easily less then 30%.

Its really too bad

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I see the point, but could it be just a coincidence? I mean, if the hitting/power of a player (Babe in this example) is higher even 5-15 points, and everything else is the same, you would think there is no reason why he would do worse than another player with slightly lower numbers.
    Now if Harper/Yelich have two skills that are constantly active that's a different story.
    Of course, the assumption here is that GLU doesn't have a "thing" that allow some pitchers to do better/worse versus specific players.
    tocopan18 said:
    I see the point, but could it be just a coincidence? I mean, if the hitting/power of a player (Babe in this example) is higher even 5-15 points, and everything else is the same, you would think there is no reason why he would do worse than another player with slightly lower numbers.
    Now if Harper/Yelich have two skills that are constantly active that's a different story.
    Of course, the assumption here is that GLU doesn't have a "thing" that allow some pitchers to do better/worse versus specific players.
    Yea theres no way to know for sure.  I can only go by what happened with me.  I cycled 12 times yesterday and I think around 15 or so last Wednesday so ill assume at least 60-70 times facing Jansen.  I actually did some data with Babe yesterday and you did get more fastballs when there was RISP vs NO RISP.
    That would lead me to assume RISP activates.  The issue is Babe hits a lot of homers so basically you are relying on doubles for it to activate.
    What we do know is guys like Trout, Yelich, Harper, etc. have skills active the whole time while Babe doesn't so even if you assume skills are upgraded the same, those other guys seem like safer options.  Just my 2 cents
    I agree.
    Hopefully ATGs will get a bump up soon so that there is a actual difference in their favor. After al, they are pretty expensive to level up.
  • torontospurstorontospurs Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    They really do need to upgrade these ATG’s now it’s become too close between them and the Living Legends
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Not just the living legends;  the BF players are better than them now with skills activated.  Way too close.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    ATGs are officially no longer the highest overall 'max' players in the game. I'm expecting them to get boosted to 540, but hoping it's 550. A boost to 530 would be both funny and insulting.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Agree
  • PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    A bump and a third skill perhaps...
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I'm sure I am in the minority but I would NOT want a 3rd skill for anyone.  Once they start rolling out a 3rd skill its going to eventually become standard like 2 skills has become now.  

Skill boosts are extemely expensive, I already don't have the resources to keep up with a 2 skill standard.  Adding more skills is just an excuse for GLU to jack up the difficulty even more on WOH while just making things more expensive for us.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I’d take a third skill and 540 and be happy.  
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I’d take a third skill and 540 and be happy.  
    Does a third skill exist yet? Might interfere with the Feng Shui of the player's little picture.
    I'm sure I am in the minority but I would NOT want a 3rd skill for anyone.  Once they start rolling out a 3rd skill its going to eventually become standard like 2 skills has become now.  

Skill boosts are extemely expensive, I already don't have the resources to keep up with a 2 skill standard.  Adding more skills is just an excuse for GLU to jack up the difficulty even more on WOH while just making things more expensive for us.
    I'm with you. I feel like 2 skills has barely been a thing for a hot minute.
    Problem is they've released several with batters with a better combination of skills than what any atg possess .  That, coupled with the huge difference in cost, can't imo be made up in a 10 or even 20 overall increase alone.  If, that is, they are to actually to be the best available .  My 2cents .
    The problem this game has to combat is the fact that there's naturally going to be a growing difference between the "haves" and the "have nots". If they keep stretching the max overalls of the top players up and up, it's going to make it even more impossible for some of these teams that don't have those players. Glu would also have to increase the difficulty in WOH to at least kind of still be a challenge for anyone with the top players. That only makes it tougher for the casual tapper.

It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
    The problem this game has to combat is the fact that there's naturally going to be a growing difference between the "haves" and the "have nots". If they keep stretching the max overalls of the top players up and up, it's going to make it even more impossible for some of these teams that don't have those players. Glu would also have to increase the difficulty in WOH to at least kind of still be a challenge for anyone with the top players. That only makes it tougher for the casual tapper.

Also, "The Casual Tapper" was my knickname in college.

Also, "The Casual Tapper" was my knickname in college.
    I think fapper was the word you were looking for.... lol
    @PINKYSTARFISH He did say casual, so maybe tapper wasn't a typo. :)

A third skill would be horrible imo. Double skill players made single skill players obsolete. I definitely don't want to do that whole song and dance again with guy that I've invested so heavily in. Also, it's late afternoon and the ATGs are still not boosted. :(
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    What’s its way past time for, is for me to actually get an atg ;)
    It's all done with mirrors
    Still waiting  :/
    I'm really surprised that they didn't get a bigger boost. Holiday Ted is the best lefty bat in the game. I really regret missing out on him. 

yuck, they basically did the bare minimum.
    I really regret wasting so much in resources on ATGs. I could've made a serious run at Diamond had I just ignored them all year. Ugh. :(
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    530 is laughable. It truly is. Who in their right minds would willingly pay 1.5 times the resources and the special evo for the small increase over holiday Ted Williams. I’d much rather even have prime Holiday Baez who maxes at 510 and uses prime XP. 
    I'm definitely frustrated. Oh well, on the bright side, Babe's 5.9 job is secured for awhile. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    530 is laughable. It truly is. Who in their right minds would willingly pay 1.5 times the resources and the special evo for the small increase over holiday Ted Williams. I’d much rather even have prime Holiday Baez who maxes at 510 and uses prime XP. 

Definitely, the ATGs have proven to be an absolute ripoff. I’d really like to have back the 17k gold I spent trying to get Mickey, and then leveling him. Far more use to me than having Mickey, who is basically only useful on the rare occasions when 5.10 is a lefty. 

I mean, the Two Skill Teddy I won in WOH is far superior in every game mode. And he cost me almost nothing. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Well I was able to get all the evo I need but I’m starting to rethink using all that legend xp on hank...i think Holliday betts is better right handed option for woh...and my other options are batting 600 in other modes...
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Does anyone have ATG Mantle at Gold 10? Would like to see his numbers...
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts