The Game's dirty secret - Hackers and Loaders, Whistle blowing and turning a blind eye

bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
edited December 2018 in General TSB Discussion
Getting frustrated lately as a legit player.  Seems like there are more and more loaders and hackers openly operating with impunity and nothing is being done to curb it.  CvC is becoming impossible unless you are loading, Weekend Prime Event top 20 is filled with players whose profiles have EVERY prime and legend in the weekend boxes maxed out.  

I focus on my team and club, but frustrating spending money or gold earned via hours of videos only to be steamrolled in CvC by a Bronze 1 player with 2 total games played, 14k team strength putting up 15m in points.  Even more frustrating when you look at the roster of the Club and see a well known VIP council member as their club mate.  So if they don't blow the whistle then who will?

Prev1

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'd be a lot more competitive in all events if I felt it was an even playing field. I don't worry about competing with hackers/loaders/VIPs because quite simply, I can't. As is, I just focus on the events that bring me the most joy. That said, your frustration definitely hits home. I wish things were on the 'up and up' so to speak, but I also realize that they're in business to make money and this is the path they've chosen. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited December 2018
    I live in the real world so to speak and as a pragmatist I understand that the playing field is never level....whether by deeper pockets or outright cheating there will always be others in this game and in life who will gain an advantage.  Just lately it seems like the occasional blatant loader I used to come across is more common....the game is getting overrun and while policing this is a nightmare from the developers perspective, a good place to start is in the top 20 Club rosters in Prime and CvC events...........second place is Global where it is like a Loader's clubhouse, a who's who of the game's top hacks.
  • ArmpitastrosArmpitastros Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    This came up in our team chat recently.  What is frustrating is that the progress rewards have been ramped up and, IMO, the legit players have no chance to attain those levels. While our club hit the top tier on a regular basis we are not even sniffing them know.  Closest we got was this weekend and we almost made it to 85M.  This has taken a lot of the fun out of the game.  

We need legit brackets and ones for hackers.  Could look something like this: https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/update-all-drug-olympics/n9691
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Armpitastros the progress rewards going up is nothing new and happened around the same time last year as well and honestly with the high amount of bonus points that certain players get they are more than achievable. There have been many times where I've hit the 25mil mark all by myself in my club when I had just one of the bonus players, the top one of course, and once I even hit the 125mil one by myself as well on a weekend event. GLU simply wants you to invest in the bonus boxes and that is why the tiers have gone up but at the same time the bonus points for certain players have gone up as well so nothing has really changed.

I believe Eddie Matthews was getting 125K/hit over the weekend so when you think about it the progress rewards to bonus player/point ratios are still the same and it is just the numbers that are bloated now.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I think what @bigvivec was referring to in a way is people who post stuff like this in the global chat. This goes back to something like what @DFBB has said in the past of banning IP addresses. This is a bronze team who when jailed will start another team. 

• ArmpitastrosArmpitastros Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    @Houmy Thanks for the insight.  I was not aware of that being a normal process. This weekend, I actually pulled Teheran on Friday and Matthews on Sunday with my second team.  I wanted to hit 50M but ran out of ice packs and hit a losing streak so came up about 3.5M short but was pretty happy with the result.

• MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Lets stay on course from the initial post, as I can relate to the frustration of @bigvivec. We had the luxury of facing the exact same scenario as yourself, Literally. Same result as well. CVC has become a joke for legit clubs. Some CVC results are even mathematically impossible. Playing against Bronze, Silver teams on Elite clubs with a very minimal games played and getting destroyed. It gets old quick. 
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    IMO walk off hero (and, I guess, Slugfest if you're into that)  is the only event worth playing. CvC is impossible unless you're paying for extra boosts and continues and pull a bonus player, weekend events take $50-$100 worth of boxes plus XP + EVO for a chance at winning a couple hundred gold. It's a joke. WOH is still fun AF for me though. 

plus, as you mentioned, LOTS of people are able to pull whatever players they want so the thought of spending real money to compete against that is a non-starter for me. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Love me Some WOH, Honestly the best addition to this game, I actually play play it, sometimes I auto play but for the most part, Bring that stinkball Bartolo, My Max 420 Trout throwback will crush it.

(unless I make it to 5-10) then im just a normal guy.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    WoH is bar none the best event in the game now. My fav used to be Slugfest but after Royale destroyed that event I left it to rot and focused on WoH. Few lucky pulls 4 weeks back and going gold 2 weeks back has helped me do really well in the event these days. I go to bed on Sunday looking forward to WoH on Monday. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    When WOH was introduced I thought it was ridiculous (Arenado at first, second and third. Arenado at the plate. Arenado on deck!). But I quickly realized it is the best event and the one you can never really get tired of, because there is always a reward for you to enjoy and a challenge to rise to. Great event. Doubt I would be playing TSB without it, and super glad they decided to give it to us twice a week. 
  • MDTerps42MDTerps42 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    How about how pathetic the matchups are becoming? Either you smoke the other club, which is boring, or you get smoked because they’re ranked 1000 places ahead of you. 

Its getting pathetic and no one has any interest in lopsided CvC matchups...cmon Glu make the CvC matches even again so the players can actually enjoy a good battle!!!
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I think allot of people want easy matchups so they don’t have to score so many points to win and get mvp. if I put up a big round right away, even if the other team heavily outranks us they fold and don’t score points cause there afraid that they will lose and then get a worse matchup.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    We had a team lay down and put up a zero presumably to get a better position for ensuing matchups. 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Or they were just lazy to actually show up for cvc B)
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Sometimes I show up for C vs c and my own club forgets.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

So, I’ve been playing and posting loyally. Scored over 100 runs twice today in tournaments, just by autoplaying way overmatched opponents (150k v 18k). Now, my club points disappeared and chat is gone. Is this the infamous jail, and if so, is there a way out?

Reading this thread about all the rampant cheating and now here I am out of luck for scoring too many runs...seems unfair...
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    @Metsicans I heard that is the first thing they take away when jailing. Could be worse and stuck on the 37% loading screen.
    @Madswagoo the 37% loading screen at least will come back within 7 days to your account. 

@Metsicans my understanding is once chat is gone your done. No coming back. I certainly hope for you that is not the case. I am sorry to hear this has happened to you man. I have a good team that strongly overmatches opponents sometimes too. Like I just faced a 118 rated pitcher in a prime game. I watch my score and manually play once I approach 100 so I don't go over since I heard they watch for that. 
    nym5fan said:
    @Madswagoo the 37% loading screen at least will come back within 7 days to your account. 

@Metsicans my understanding is once chat is gone your done. No coming back. I certainly hope for you that is not the case. I am sorry to hear this has happened to you man. I have a good team that strongly overmatches opponents sometimes too. Like I just faced a 118 rated pitcher in a prime game. I watch my score and manually play once I approach 100 so I don't go over since I heard they watch for that. 
    Thanks, at least now I know. I can’t believe what a colossal error I made. I could have just resigned the game....
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    nym5fan said:

Thanks, at least now I know. I can’t believe what a colossal error I made. I could have just resigned the game....
    You shouldn’t have to resign a game to avoid a punishment that isn’t earned though. No account should be jailed first then checked. If an account is flagged, then it should be investigated BEFORE being jailed. That way there aren’t any errors 
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    If folks who don’t cheat get jailed.. that is BS of googleable, Jim Dolan running-the-knicks, proportions. 

Keep us posted on how it unfolds. 
    If folks who don’t cheat get jailed.. that is BS of googleable, Jim Dolan running-the-knicks, proportions. 

Keep us posted on how it unfolds. 
    I got what appeared to be a form response that I used a “cheat tool or exploit,” but no further explanation. They said they would not tell me what I did, it could not be appealed, and was final. So I guess that’s it for me. 

Pretty unbelievable.  I hear all these rumors about “game guardian” and I see absurd teams and scores on the leader boards, and I autoplay a game against an overmatched opponent (score 164 runs) and get “jailed.” Just really unfortunate. 164 runs didn’t even harm anyone or affect any competition. It was just a tourney. 
    @Metsicans dude that is unreal man. I would get every penny back from Apple or Google that you spent on this game, and if they wont do it go to your credit/debit card company. Glu needs to learn they are not GOD. And they are not above the law either.
  • K0SM078K0SM078 Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    When clubs are hitting the billion point mark someone is cheating or spending about $1000 on gold and that is not likely
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    @metsicans - what @nym5fan said. I know you haven’t invested that much in the game. Even do I’d start with apple. They seem to value consumer protections. Such as, forcing glu to put the odds on the boxes. 

Id love to see a precedent for this. So we don’t have to worry about getting unfairly “jailed”. 
    Glu should be open and honest about what they will jail you for so that you can avoid it. If it isn't just hacking and cheating and there are ways that playing legit can jail you, we should be aware.  
    Enough with all this Mysterious BS they like to flaunt about VIP, brackets and Jailings etc. Tell us what we need to do to earn status, tell us how brackets are determined, and tell us what we need to do to avoid jail for playing legit. 
  • MattEngels84MattEngels84 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I just don’t u understand how 5 mins into the weekend event some teams already have 28 million points.... and if they’re cheating how that goes unnoticed bc CLEARLY nobody is putting up those numbers in 5 mins even if your whole club has every weekend player lol
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah I’m not sure how that’s being done with the club points. It would be nice if there was more transparency with things like this.

Also stinks about the daily rewards going bye-bye.

I was kind of expecting double gold this weekend up thru Christmas, but maybe that’s not going to happen either?