Options

Daily rewards drought as of recent and legend players

ryandavis94ryandavis94 Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
Why am I getting no daily rewards lately? And when I have been they have been trash, for a good while there I was pulling a good player almost every single day with just the daily rewards boxes I was getting and now recently I’m getting nothing, and when I am getting a box from a daily reward here and there I get nothing useful out of it. Haven’t pulled a new player in quite some time now. Is anyone else experiencing this currently? I’m desperately trying to pull a good second basemen but nothing has been happening for me as of late. I’ve also been on a quest to try and get at least one legend but that’s not happening either, I have 6 prime players and 10 special addition players that max out around 365 (my best special addition player is gold glove Nick Markakis who maxes out at 435). To make this point simple and straight to the point, is anyone else experiencing a huge drought on daily rewards recently, and in your experience, how long has it taken you guys to pull a legend?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    NutsoNutso Registered Users 24 Posts
    Messaged GLU about missing daily rewards a week ago. They said essentially that they reserve the right to issue them or not. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Sounds like something they would say. I messaged them about it as well and they just haven’t even bothered responding to me, funny thing was I messaged them a few days afterwards about not being able to make in app purchases because that’s a problem I’ve been having as well and I received an instantaneous repsonse. Lol. I love the hell out of this game but GLU’s stinginess at times is ridiculous. Glad I’m not the only one experiencing it at least. I’ve basically built my entire team off of daily rewards and I’m gold tier 2 currently, maybe there’s too many people like me that refuse to spend bunches of money on the app and this is their way of pushing more in app purchases 🤔 I spend a little here and there but not much. 
  • Options
    They responded to my message within an hour. Didn't make any difference though. I will say this, about an hour later i got a daily gift. So did another member in my team. Since then, nothing. 
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Are people really complaining they are getting freebies?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Sure they are...and then complain about what they got in the freebies.

We are heading toward two holidays. Glu has a knack for being respectfully fair and generous around holidays. They are going to crank up the double gold offers & videos, combine that with some slick player offers. It’ll be a good time.

Use strategy and be patient. If you are willing to put in the time and resources, you will get what you want.
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Ohhh...  I beg to differ.  Glu has a knack for being disrespectful, abundantly unfair and greedy, regardless of the time of the year!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    @Thumbsters, I absolutely agree with you. I started playing as a strictly F2P player, and struggled and grinded and actually put together a decent roster (by my standards) by doing exactly what you stated --"use strategy and be patient". I felt though that more often than not, GLU has still been pretty generous with bonus players, etc. despite my scant spending. Now that i've relaxed my purse strings a little bit more, my team has gotten considerably better in a very short time (so even more generous, in my opinion). 
  • Options
    Glass half empty, glass half full. Some look at it as a complaint about freebies. GLU started the daily gift thing. If something is there everyday then all of a sudden it is not, what's wrong with asking what happened to it? Some see it as complaining, i see it as "how will you know if you don't ask". As many glitches as the game has had i believe that @ryandavis94 was just wondering was as i was whether this was as just another one. 
  • Options
    BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    @Nutso, I see your point, not in disagreement as the daily freebies have dwindled some. Do note that it looks like GLU has maybe shifted away from it in favor of more periodic 'Video Challenges' which have been showing up in the Achievements tab. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    And yes @Nutso that was more or less what I was asking, as I was beginning to wonder if maybe it was some sort of glitch at this point. Like I stated in the comment above, I have built an almost unbeatable team off of almost exclusively daily rewards. BUT if they are going to stop giving out the daily rewards, they need to stop advertising that giving out daily rewards to people who play daily is going to be part of the game. I don’t think that’s unreasonable or makes me sound entitled. I do believe at some point they will probably pick back up again though. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Damn, well my first comment responding to all of this just got deleted by the server. 😂 either way, all I was more or less asking was if this was something other players are experiencing, I think it’s awesone that I’ve been able to build such a dominant team almost solely off of daily rewards without spending much money, that’s something that many games like this don’t offer.  But if it is something they are going to discontinue, which if that is the case then so be it, they just need to stop advertising that daily rewards are going to be a part of the game for daily players That’s all. With Christmas coming up, maybe they are discontinuing them for a little while so build up for a huge reward for all daily players that they are going to give out on Christmas or something. Who knows. 
  • Options
    chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    they dropped a hint there was going to be good Christmas gifts
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    edited December 2018
    They have been far more generous with free gifts in 18 than any previous version of the game. I’ve played them all extensively from when they were released so I know. I’m far from a Glu defender but complaining about not getting things for free is silly even if you have been conditioned to expect it from their abundance. 
  • Options
    @samtheman Again, not complaining. More so just checking to see if everyone else is experiencing the same thing. Read my previous comments on the thread. 
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Pulled from the free 10 video reward box .  Worth leveling up? :)
  • Options
    effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Depends on what you have at the top of your team. He’s be good for the end of walkoff against righties unless you have BF yelich or better. High hitting low speed is nice. 
  • Options
    @Wicked0Wildcats All I lulled was 1500 prime XP from that box today. You’re a lucky man. Absolutely worth leveling up. I literally have 50,000 plus legend XP stocked up because I just can not get a legendary player no matter what I do. It just isn’t happening for me.  
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I got lucky enough to get this guy today. It’ll take me a while to level him up, but this is one I gotta do. My other legend is diamond 5 and he is just fine there. Only a 1% chance of pulling him 

• Options
    effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Williams did really well for me against perry in woh this week. I think I only had to use a restart once. His only downside is that 2 out skill. Late inning skill is way better because it’s always active for walk off. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @Bigpredfan when the hell am I going to get lucky like that holy hell 😑 I can’t even tell you how many of these boxes I’ve opened with a chance of getting a legend and it just never happens. I’ve pulled 7 prime players, no legends, I feel like most people pull at least one legend before they even come close to getting that many prime players. I 3 of my prime players on my bench because I have so many of them I can’t even afford to level them up anymore with prime xp. I have so much legend XP stocked up that I could probably max a guy like Williams out like right away, I’ve been getting legend XP since I started playing the game and haven’t had the chance to use literally any of it cause I just can’t pull one. It’s getting really frustrating. 
  • Options
    got him leveled there from the xp boxes from cvc. gonna have to win a bunch more. you'll get lucky eventually or they'll give a legend only pick. you might have to do a little more than just freebies though. watching ads or offers a nb d such. this is a good week for it. 8 days of doubkr gold. 
  • Options
    cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    @Bigpredfan when the hell am I going to get lucky like that holy hell 😑 I can’t even tell you how many of these boxes I’ve opened with a chance of getting a legend and it just never happens. I’ve pulled 7 prime players, no legends, I feel like most people pull at least one legend before they even come close to getting that many prime players. I 3 of my prime players on my bench because I have so many of them I can’t even afford to level them up anymore with prime xp. I have so much legend XP stocked up that I could probably max a guy like Williams out like right away, I’ve been getting legend XP since I started playing the game and haven’t had the chance to use literally any of it cause I just can’t pull one. It’s getting really frustrating. 
    You can’t really expect to pull a legend in a box like that. You have 0.5%-1% odds. Your best chance at a legend is two ways: save up 30k gold and do a fan rewards where you spend the gold on boxes with the best legend odds. You will have a chance to get a legend and be guaranteed the legend for spending 30 k gold. Just spend it on a weekend there is a good legend that has skills that help in woh. Your other option is beating woh on Monday or Wednesday. That box gives you a 10% chance of a legend the best you will find in any box. 
  • Options
    like this past weekend. i was debating on going the 30k route
  • Options
    like this past weekend. i was debating on going the 30k route
    Yeah this past weekend with the ss was a pretty good time. My recommendation would be to watch videos while your doing anything. In these 8 days if you get 3750 gold per day - around 9-9.5 hours of videos you can get to 30k gold by the time these offers end on Tuesday Jan 1st. Yes the hour requirement is a lot but you don’t really need to be paying attention - when your watching tv, or doing anything else just play the video and keep playing them while doing whatever else you are doing. Unfortunately if you want a legend and can’t beat woh and don’t want to spend money you will need to spend the time to get the gold to get the guaranteed legend in fan rewards. Also remember sometimes there are game offers that can get you to the 30 k quickly. Some give you like 1250-3k gold for getting your headquarters to level ten or a different level. They require checking in to start upgrading buildings but is a relatively low time requirements for the gold they are giving. 
  • Options
    ive go the guys. i just need the xp. but yeah ill be watching ads as soon as they fix the problem 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I pulled 3 players on 4 freebies including LL Votto all on my C team (gifts and video achievements), so quite the good luck. Got Welch on the B team from a gift as well. Unfortunately a full course of xp on my main team.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    ive go the guys. i just need the xp. but yeah ill be watching ads as soon as they fix the problem 
    Best way to get prime and legend xp is through cvc. Try to find a diamond club and buy a game changer that gives you multiplier bonus. Try to win the matchup mvp which gets you 3 premium xp boxes. 
  • Options
    thats how ive been making serious moves on leveling 
  • Options
    @Sandpipers yeah I’ve been getting the boxes as of late, ironically enough I started getting some daily rewards again a day or two after I posted this. I’ve been getting the boxes just not the players. The most frustrating thing is when you spend real money on one of these boxes and get nothing but say 950 prime XP. That makes me so frustrated that I’ve gotten to the point where I just avoid buying boxes with my actual money entirely for the most part. 
  • Options
    I know that’s right 💲