Gold vs. Platinum

K0SM078K0SM078 Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
Im at gold level now but i could level up to Platinum. Trying to figure out the pros and cons of the Platinum level. Any thoughts?

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Con: Very expensive to level up guys with xp and evo.  Difficult to be effective with temporary bonus players.

Pro: None, unless you count Glu making more money.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I’m thinking of going platinum in a couple of weeks.  The cons are obvious but I guess for me the pro would just be a new challenge.   Having a stacked
    gold team is pretty common.  I have 3 ATGs and probably can only take one.  But I dunno the game doesn’t have too much left so why not 
  • K0SM078K0SM078 Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    @whynot Ok i think i will just stay at gold for now. Thanks
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I made the jump to Plat a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely LOVE it! I had the resources and didn't want to be stuck with a boatload of unused resources.  Diamond isn't plausible for me, but I basically have a fully capped out Plat team(two atgs, a few legends, etc.) so I'm quite happy.

Pros: 
    1)Cool factor.
    2)Eye candy.
    3)WoH is similar while all other modes are considerably easier. In particular, CvC is much better for platinum than gold.
    4)Bigger multiplier for club points.
    5)It's almost the end of '18 Tsb. 

Cons:
    1)Resources are TOUGH! All the 'pros' above are pointless w/o enough resources to cap your players. If you can, however, it's super fun!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • K0SM078K0SM078 Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    I wish i had enough resources to switch and cap my team. Im just gonna have to stay gold 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    @DFBB

I'm thinking of making the jump to Platinum.  Currently, I can cycle WOH about 5-6 times with a 495 max Edwin E with double late innings boost (15/20).  

I can afford to max 1 Prime which will probably be 470 max Votto w/RISP boost as my DH.  I can then max the following regular XP players:

-  Previously mentioned 495 max Edwin E 
    -  470 max Galvis w/ WOH and LHP boost
    -  Four 445 max with 1 skill players (LH Gennett w/ late innings, Dee Gordon w/RHP, RH Gurriel w/RISP, RH McCann w/LHP.

Those 7 I can max to Platinum 10.  I'll have to get by with a few 500+ max guys at Gold 10 for my bottom 3 in WOH to start out, but I'm assuming they should be fine for those.

In your opinion will this be enough to be able to continue to beat WOH?

Thanks in advance!
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I’m still silver myself, but from what i have heard to be able to beat woh in platinum (or any level for that matter) you will probably need a couple of good (470+) players from each side of the plate maxed out at platinum (or whatever the level is).

• JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I made the jump to Plat a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely LOVE it! I had the resources and didn't want to be stuck with a boatload of unused resources.  Diamond isn't plausible for me, but I basically have a fully capped out Plat team(two atgs, a few legends, etc.) so I'm quite happy.

Pros: 
    1)Cool factor.
    2)Eye candy.
    3)WoH is similar while all other modes are considerably easier. In particular, CvC is much better for platinum than gold.

Cons:
    1)Resources are TOUGH! All the 'pros' above are pointless w/o enough resources to cap your players. If you can, however, it's super fun!
    Agree with DFBB here. Plus bonus games and prime games are much easier to win at a much higher percentage. 
  • thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    DFBB said:

Pros: 
    1)Cool factor.
    2)Eye candy.

Cons:
    Is WOH harder at Platinum all things being equal (i.e. if my Gold 10 squad were upgraded to Platinum 10, would I still cycle at will?) I usually cycle 8-12 times, key restraint being time. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    WoH in plat is similar to gold, but prob a bit easier assuming all upgrades, etc. are capped.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • PistonpetePistonpete Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    I've never cycled .Is it easier in gold than silver? Was thinking of making.another team and staying silver in that one.