Woh for 1-7-19: holy crappers!!!

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Bigpredfan I've just seen that 5.10 is level 5 for diamond whereas, he's level 6 for everyone else!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited January 2019
    DFBB said:
    @Bigpredfan I've just seen that 5.10 is level 5 for diamond whereas, he's level 6 for everyone else!
    I noticed he was level 5, but last Wednesday was level 5 as well and I couldn’t get it done there. I do love a small advantage in diamond. 

I believe the difference, for me at least, were the skills. I don’t have a legitimate right hand option for righties. The double 2-out skill allowed me to have a much better chance with Harper 

I got Bryant who will most likely stay bronze 1. I have a 445- blue Xp 3B at diamond 5 and am working on the Baez I posted earlier to be my left pitch killer 
    edited January 2019
    You won't find a much bigger advocate of bonus skills than me. One of my club guys just went diamond and beat it twice with holiday Ted(d8, capped skills). I really believe it makes a huge difference.

edit: he just beat it a 3rd time.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Anyone have Bryant maxed in gold? I need to see if it's worth the EVO replacing 480 Arenado.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

DFBB said:
    You won't find a much bigger advocate of bonus skills than me. One of my club guys just went diamond and beat it twice with holiday Ted(d8, capped skills). I really believe it makes a huge difference.

edit: he just beat it a 3rd time.
    Twice myself as well using Holiday Ted with both skills at 11%.

edited January 2019
    @DFBB thanks buddy. Seems like he's the only one I am meant to get today. 3/3. Seeing that Nolan is 300/305/163 I may save the EVO on this one.

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I have 1 cycle in and got Votto that I already had... so working on cycle #2
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Cycled twice both molina but yay got betts
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited January 2019
    0 for 4 with the 80 boost today, 0 for 2 with Mantle and 0 for 2 with EE.  Already thinking of punting on today as the box is really unexciting to me as there is not a single player who could be double boosted against a RHP in WOH which is my greatest need, other than Votto who I already have.

They continue to hand out lefty mashers like candy while making lefty pitchers in WOH rarer and rarer.

I will probably try twice with LL Votto and then throw in the towel if I don't get it as this box is not worth it to me.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    So I'm not sure how this works, but I see some guys whine about who they get then their luck turns.  So I got Betts (already have), Votto (already have), and Molina.  Hoping for anyone else.  For those of you who got Betts he has been a lefty killer for me with a slash line of 
    gp-924  avg .496 slg 1.039 ab/hr 8.9
    So I'm not sure how this works, but I see some guys whine about who they get then their luck turns.  So I got Betts (already have), Votto (already have), and Molina.  Hoping for anyone else.  For those of you who got Betts he has been a lefty killer for me with a slash line of 
    gp-924  avg .496 slg 1.039 ab/hr 8.9
    I'm sure Bryant is the same way and it's kind of on ongoing problem for me.  I have 3 lefty murderers (Mantle, LL Altuve, LL Lindor).  All 495 max or above with double skills vs. LHP.  I have Galvis, a step down but still a 470 max with double skills in WOH vs. LHP.  

I have no great options against RHP.  LL Votto is the closest, he at least is RHP boosted but his RISP boost doesn't work for 5-10.  I have been using 490 max Edwin E with a double late innings boost.  I just don't have ideal options and they continue to orient WOH in favor of righty killers.
    Got through a third time, pulled Bryant! Feeling like both Buehler and Oswalt are progressively becoming a lot more bitchy though.
    2nd useless version of a 445 max Molina that I've pulled from WOH in the last month.  

Mookie is nice, but I can't justify leveling him up when I don't even have LL Ichiro active.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Had had a terrible time with Sabathia plus of course several app crashes to force level restarts but finally got to Oswalt and got Correa....better than I usually get so am ok. Nola would be nice to get...
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    WOH is bullshit today. Why can’t we charge the mound after about 12 straight balls called strikes?
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m doing better than I did Wednesday, 3 for 9 so far and have pulled Bryant, Molina, and Votto 1 time each.  5.10 with a guy with no boost against a side of the plate is different given what we’ve faced lately.  I’ll likely slowly level up Bryant so I have a second real lefty killer that would have both skills active at the end.
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Only guy I’ve needed to use restarts on is CC. Using ATG Mays and swinging a wiffle ball bat half the time. Keep pulling guys I already have from the boxes but I can’t be mad watching that lxp stack up. Loving that double 2 out skill on 5-10. I think glu is trying to make nice so people come back in 19. 
    Holiday boggs has been great for me today on 5.10
    Can you show me the holiday Boggs?  I have a club mate struggling to cycle. Has him at gold 10, but doesn’t have his skills leveled up much yet. I’d appreciate showing him what yours looks like so he can see what he is lacking 
  • BobbyFlayBobbyFlay Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    I actually reached on an error on a strike that wasn't down the middle on 5.10. That's the first time I've ever seen that.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Cycled and got Bryant.
    Cycled a second time, no restarts, and got ozzie. 
    Pretty lucky so far
    Can you show me the holiday Boggs?  I have a club mate struggling to cycle. Has him at gold 10, but doesn’t have his skills leveled up much yet. I’d appreciate showing him what yours looks like so he can see what he is lacking 

hope this helps!
    do you guys think it is worth it to level up ozzie to silver 10 when I already have LL lindor at silver 10?
    LL Lindor is 495, switch hitter, skills are vsLefties and RISP
    Ozzie is 505, switch hitter, skills are vsLefties and vsRighties 
    do it for the bonus points!

do it for the bonus points!

aside from that, of course.
    would he be on your sub list?

hope this helps!
    It sure does!  Appreciate it
    I’m 2 for 3 today on 5-10 with BF Harper. Second cycle had 0 video or gold restarts. 
    would he be on your sub list?

one of them will