Options

Wednesday's Royale Vs Thursdays Bonus Game Event.

matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
edited January 2019 in General TSB Discussion
How often does no one play bonus games on Wed (due to lack of a bonus player or something else) and just play Thursdays event since its sole focus is Bonus Games, I happened to have a multiplier yesterday so I played out all my bonus games, 150 of them to be exact, so Now i'm left either paying for Games today if I have a bonus player (highly unlikely as its probably freshly flossed teeth Harper bonus holiday hair Bam Bam edition that's prime and legend) Would you want bonus games pulled from Royale? Just getting everyone's temperature.
Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Comments

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I want Royale to end period. Make it Slugfest day again and be done with Royale. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I have like 2000 bonus games so this isn't really ever an issue. 

Not to derail the thread, but as far as Royale -- keep everything the same except make Wednesday Slugfest day again and replace the stupid weekend prime event thing with a massive "Weekend Royale" or something. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Blasphemy @nym5fan. If we weren't running mates for 2020 I would cut all contact with you. I can't see myself going back to slugfest simply to farm XP anymore this year as WOH pays out more and is more fun to me. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I loved derby as much as the next guy and derby is 100% responsible for my current team, but man...as @Houmy said, no thanks to that grind. It honestly became an absolute chore. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Of course we'll play it like crazy in 19, those of us that will still play (on the fence myself), in the beginning for the EVO & XP unless they start off WOH with the same extra XP boxes and add some EVO as well.

• Options
    @matt_sackett much like @JEDDDOGGY I have 2K+ bonus games so it's not an issue for me but for those that are low on tickets I would not play them on Wednesdays and instead save them for Thursday in case you get a bonus batter. Much easier to hit tier 5 & 6 on Thursdays for a better payout. I got Baez today from the free achievement videos and already hit tier 5.

• Options
    Houmy said:
    Blasphemy @nym5fan. If we weren't running mates for 2020 I would cut all contact with you. I can't see myself going back to slugfest simply to farm XP anymore this year as WOH pays out more and is more fun to me. 
    My bitterness to Royale comes from getting bent over all the time when the reshuffle the brackets at the reveal. I'm tired of it. Our club will be 1st place ALL day and then boom not even top 25 and a whole new set of clubs in the bracket that were no where to be seen before. If they kept it all the same bracket and didn't do the shuffle I would probably like the event more. 

But since they do shuffle the deck and we ALWAYS get bent over from it. I absolutely hate it. 
  • Options
    @whynot disagree all you want :) 

@Houmy truthfully I could do without slugfest ever again as well, even though I used to be a beast at it. It has become obsolete for sure and is just one more resource drain we don't need. W.O.H is much more challenging and fun for me as well. I just hate what Glu does with the brackets in Royale. For me it kills the event. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @nym5fan Our club is the same way. 1st or 2nd all day, only to get shafted after the reset. To be honest, I don't mind it so much anymore though. WoH is the best way to make your team better and for me, it's more fun to focus on cycles rather than bonus points. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Sounds like most people love walk-off, but not the shuffling that occurs when the multipliers strike. 

If the multipliers were known from the beginning, there most likely would not be a reshuffle. I like knowing earlier in the day by far

but to the question asked, I typically don’t play bonus games on Wednesday. At least not a lot of them. For Wednesday I play WOH and tournaments mostly. It’s the only day tournaments count for club points so I like to play them then and it gets me even more bonus games. 

Yesterday between those 2 events, I gained 400 bonus games, 275 division wins, and only used 300K in cash to play that many tournaments. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Meaning you hardly play for the club on bonus game day?  That ain’t cool Jedd.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I used to play slugfest like crazy every Wednesday and usually beat it (not always), until royale started and I got bored with slugfest so I stopped completely. Haven't played again since then. WOH is more fun, better rewards, and the players you get actually improved your team for other activities like season mode, bonus games, prime events, etc. I hate the fact that players from slugfest are only usable for slugfest.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

He plays, we all play, the more we play the more tickets we seem to get...easily played 400 games today despite cvc and life getting in the way.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    LOL ....got the wife angry apparently.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Sounds like most people love walk-off, but not the shuffling that occurs when the multipliers strike. 

If the multipliers were known from the beginning, there most likely would not be a reshuffle. I like knowing earlier in the day by far

but to the question asked, I typically don’t play bonus games on Wednesday. At least not a lot of them. For Wednesday I play WOH and tournaments mostly. It’s the only day tournaments count for club points so I like to play them then and it gets me even more bonus games. 

Yesterday between those 2 events, I gained 400 bonus games, 275 division wins, and only used 300K in cash to play that many tournaments. 
    The X factor the mystery multipliers are supposed to bring to the table just aren’t doing the intended IMO.  Would much rather have weekly randomly assigned and valued multipliers known from the start....would be more fun and the club could work as a unit to direct resources and assets.  As it is we all just play WOH and pretty much ignore the rest since 8th place becomes 52nd every week. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited January 2019
    bigvivec said:
    I just get my 140 points every event and then jump in CvC with 45 seconds left and take all the rewards. 

Don't know what all this hullabaloo about helping my club is about...
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    bigvivec said:
    I just get my 140 points every event and then jump in CvC with 45 seconds left and take all the rewards. 

Jeddd pulls his weight in the club for sure. He plays a TON of W.O.H and that is why he accumulates so many bonus tickets. 

And no he doesn't get 140 pts and steal any rewards. In fact he gives up opportunity for rewards for the sake of others that need them more. True class act and glad he is in the same club as me. 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    bigvivec said:

Lol. The purpose of joining a club was for the club to help you right?  That’s how I’ve always viewed it :)
  • Options
    My one problem is I jumped to diamond waaaay too fast e.g. I haven't won season mode nearly at all since September when I hit diamond. on Mondays and Wednesdays I farm like all get out and for some reason I don't seem pull as many bonus games, I cannot tell you the last time I played Slugfest. To me It got lame, I don't like wasting my xp to bring up guys that I use once a week so ill try and autoplay and if I lose (which I do most frequently) I bail and go back to WOH which IMHO is the best addition to this game ever, the evolution of this game since 15 is incredible and I never thought Id spend this much on a mobile game, but here I am, almost divorced and Playing games on my phone on the shitter for a lot of the week and weekend.

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    LOL ....got the wife angry apparently.
    Someone bend you over and you decided you didn’t like it anymore?
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    It’s lame.