Options

WoH Royale for 1-16-19: still speculating!

13Next

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Had my best day. 2 cycles only. YES 2. Didn't stress and actually went out with friends and enjoyed myself. Also waiting on GLU CS to get back to me about the "Random" skills that they failed to disclose over 300 days ago when it was introduced. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Today was a bit of a disappointment, going 0-12 vs Ryan, I don’t have an elite diamond LH bat so EE and Holiday Trout banged against the wall vs Ryan and didn’t quite knock it down.  Would seem to string 3-4 hits together but come up a bit short.  Holiday Trout has enough prime exp to get to Diamond 9 with a few more D6 cycles so plugging away.  Was a combined 1-27 this week as was expected.
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I completed more cycles than I wanted too. Only because I desperately needed the legend XP. 14 cycles. Box odds are weird. 10 Machados and 4 Bison. 
  • Options
    Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    Bison (fitting) and Contreras. Got enough PxP to have all double skill a full squad on gold 10.  Gonna hoard resources now and make a jump to plat next week. 
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Well I only had 300 gold to use today and wound up around 5 for 12 ish...2 machados 2 bison, and Contreras...must of been luck, won twice with video boost must of had the skills randomly turn on those rounds...lol...wth...
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Apparently, Glu took pity on me. Cycle #22 finally brought me a '10%' player. I already traded him in once so was able to instantly cap! 😁

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Nice dfbb, he’s a beast!
  • Options
     still waiting on my second Gibson and babe pitcher
  • Options
    AIC_76AIC_76 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    Recliner said:
    nym5fan said:
    Recliner said:
    I’m 0-47 on Ryan since Monday. Who has the special dance to beat him?
    I wish I knew how to help you bud... Who are your best hitter against RHP?
    Mantle is my best option, 80 gold boost every time. Both skills at 16, even though only 1 is active. So roughly 4K gold on boosts and about 3k on frustration restarts
    Had same difficulties with mantle vs Ryan. So I got holiday Ted. Better now. I think you need two active skills with a big lefty to maximize success. 
    I was able to beat Ryan using my holiday Jackson at gold 9 with Max boost. Got the legend xp to cap him and haven't beaten him since. I got Machado on the first cycle .Any thoughts on him as a righty 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Machado x3, Contreras, and Baez who I already had, naturally. Machado on my silver team. Lots of curves again today at various points... wound up 5/8 against Ryan with Xmas Ted 15/16 skills....all 3 losses were identical 8-7 scores, bases loaded then 3 outs
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I had a good day, 4 cycles - 2-Baez, Machado, and Contreras.  I felt like it was a hair easier today.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Stopped after 3 cycles and got Kemp all 3 times
  • Options
    I just wish they would stop putting the same players in, especially when there’s so many good pitching options they could put in the box...too many catchers and 3rd baseman lately.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    I just wish they would stop putting the same players in, especially when there’s so many good pitching options they could put in the box...too many catchers and 3rd baseman lately.
    Seems like they have made it a point to devalue pitching this year.   Combined with the skills not being active and lack of opportunities to land a pitcher that is just how I feel.  Especially relievers.  I still have a silver reliever while I'm platinum because I can't bring myself to spend the resources to level a guy thats max 410 at this point in the game.  But man I've been saying that for over 2 months since I went from silver to gold and still haven't got anyone better. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Had my best day. 2 cycles only. YES 2. Didn't stress and actually went out with friends and enjoyed myself. Also waiting on GLU CS to get back to me about the "Random" skills that they failed to disclose over 300 days ago when it was introduced. 
    Nice.  Wish I would have done something similar.  That wasn't a good box for me yesterday because I already had Baez and Hank and had zero interest in that Bench.  Yet still played more then I should of and pulled Baez 3 times.