Edgar Yay or Nay

HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
I'd really like to pull the trigger on the Cooperstown Edgar, but am having trouble justifying it. No positional flexibility, game is ending soon (although we'll still be able to play and who knows what might carry over) and I feel like I'm in an okay position against LH's in WOH. But I like th 525 max, stackable skill, and I think it's just cool looking. If I knew he'd be a bonus guy later (not just CVC this weekend because CVC doesn't matter to me) I'd pull the trigger. While it's almost a half mountain (on sale) of gold, I'd probably be happy to get him in 10 boxes if that was how you had to chase him. Any thoughts (helpful or otherwise)??

Comments

• jampaladinjampaladin Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I bought him for WOH. I know the season is almost over but he looks like a beast with double LHP skills. I have holiday ted whos been a beast against RHP in WOH and now I have the opposite for LHP. Its up to you how much you wanna spend on a mobile game in the end though.
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I bought him for WOH. I know the season is almost over but he looks like a beast with double LHP skills. I have holiday ted whos been a beast against RHP in WOH and now I have the opposite for LHP. Its up to you how much you wanna spend on a mobile game in the end though.
    Unfortunately I crossed that how much do you want to spend on a mobile game bridge a looong time ago. I'm probably going to do it, but when he's in a WOH box (when I finally hit the 10% legend) I'm going to kick myself. 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    The big stopper for me right now is DH
    tocopan18 said:
    The big stopper for me right now is DH
    That could be a positive - I already have Baines so at least I'd have the matched L/R set of 2019 HOF DH's.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I pulled the trigger on him for the cvc bonus and walkoff. By the way I’m 5 for 5 on cvc mvp and high round so he’s paying off 
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I pulled the trigger on him for the cvc bonus and walkoff. By the way I’m 5 for 5 on cvc mvp and high round so he’s paying off 
    Same for me hes already almost paid for himself in the cvc rewards alone.
    edited January 2019
    Pulled the trigger - figured $30 was just another suitcase on the Titanic given what I've spent this year. The CVC boost isn't relevant for me - my club is silver so I just get those prime picks. Hopefully he'll be an event bonus later. Or if they stack two LH's at 5.9 and 5.10.
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts