The official JeddDoggy run to Diamond thread

Comments

• chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    as long as your pitchers max out high gold 10 is fine for now. like i said youll lose some games but youll win enough with strong bats to counter the lower pitching 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Bigpredfan @chainblueltng

Awesome, thanks guys. My starting 5 is -

520 max Verlander (Blue XP)
    515 max Kershaw (Blue XP)
    515 max Sanchez (Blue XP)
    515 max Nolan Ryan (Legend XP)
    495 max deGrom (Prime XP)

I'll leave them at Gold and see how they do, and level them up sparingly as I get resources.

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Bigpredfan @chainblueltng

Awesome, thanks guys. My starting 5 is -

520 max Verlander (Blue XP)
    515 max Kershaw (Blue XP)
    515 max Sanchez (Blue XP)
    515 max Nolan Ryan (Legend XP)
    495 max deGrom (Prime XP)

I'll leave them at Gold and see how they do, and level them up sparingly as I get resources.

If you decide to play a lot of tournaments, would be worth having Verlander higher in case you have a monster on the 4th round of a tournament, you can pop that ice wrap on and have a real strong ace.
    Yup, good advice! Thanks @Bigpredfan
    that's a good idea tsking one up for now.  since its difficult to level guys in diamond and everyone jumping up because of the rewards its not as hard to win games in my opinion. you catch a lot of guys off gaurd
    edited February 2019
    Just played playoffs and officially went to Platinum. 

So far I've only capped Holiday Ted, BF Yelich, BF Harper and 520 max blue xp Verlander.

I got Scoscia yesterday so I'm now unsure if I want to commit to blue xp 495 max Wilson Ramos.

My best option at 1B would probably be 500 max blue xp Goldschmidt but should I wait and see if a better blue xp 1B becomes available in the closing weeks?

For 2B I have 520 max blue xp Baez but he has the CvC skill which I'm unsure if I want to invest in any CvC players at this point. Other option would be Holiday Baez but he is prime xp.

I'm really torn on options at 3B. My favorite guy to keep would be legend 490 max War Lord Eddie Mathews because I already have his skills at 16/16 but his downside is that he is legend xp. I only have one other legend I'm leveling now in Holiday Ted, so this may be doable to keep him. Other options are 480 max blue XP Gold Glove Arenado (Gold 10 with skills at 11/11 currently) or blue XP 490 max Machado or prime XP 490 max Gallo. I could use two of these guys though since there is a DH slot. Gallo and Mathews are the ones I'd like to keep the most, however they are the most expensive to level (go figure). Gallo would be excellent for WOH. Oh, and I have 525 LL Arenado who I have invested in heavily and also want to keep. Way too many options here.

SS is also a conundrum. My best blue XP option is of course Galvis, but I've invested literally nothing in him to this point. He is bronze 1 with skills at 0. Do I commit to yet another legend xp player in 525 max Rizzuto? I have like 3 different Prime Lindors that would be decent here (BF version, Holiday version and one other). 

OF is set with all blue xp guys - 515 max Kemp, BF Yelich, BF Harper. Nothing to even worry about here.

DH is up in the air. I have blue XP 490 max double Late Inning skill Encarnacion, but he is bronze 10 with skills at 0. Aside from him, any of the other 3B options would be great here too. 

Wow, lots to think about!
  • CHITOWNBOMBER50CHITOWNBOMBER50 Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Congrats. it is a pain to decide who goes and who stays. I'm in the same situation been planing on making the move for weeks. I have enough evo, gold and cash, and one more woh before I make the move. I'll have enough resources to cap 6 primes 3 legands and 2 blue... Only taking one starter and my closer 
    @CHITOWNBOMBER50 yep, I definitely have the resources to pretty much take whoever I want with me to Platinum, but going to Diamond is a different story. I think it costs like 50k gold to cap a prime/legend in Diamond and 1/3 of that for blue XP guys. 

ive got the same problems. my 3b i have 495 prime Bryant with 2 lefty pitcher skills. and ss i have lindor with left and right skill. need a ss with stacking skills.  teddy yelich harper Kemp Encarnacion gallo prime baez are all studs. as for the rest im not positive but as long as its not cvc prime game or  hot hitter theyd be worth investing in. hopefully they do put out some more bxp guys but they may be winding down. not sure how lucky we'll get
    edited February 2019
    @chainblueltng yeah, agreed. How many more weekends until they stop churning out new players? Up until 19 comes out? I am probably safe to invest in a guy like Goldschmidt at 1B. But, I can at least wait one day to level him up just on the outside chance there is a better blue xp 1B released in tomorrow's boxes.

As for SS, right now I'm going to go with BF Lindor (vsL and vsR skill) even though they don't stack. I have 2.2 million prime xp and outside of Gallo I don't have any other primes I am looking at leveling right now. Maybe Baez at 2B. I can't just have 2.2 million prime xp sitting around collecting dust; gotta use it on someone!
    now that i look. there is at least 8 more weekends of boxes that may have what we need but thats always a toss up how much they recycle guys that are already out
    edited February 2019
    now that i look. there is at least 8 more weekends of boxes that may have what we need but thats always a toss up how much they recycle guys that are already out
    The scariest thing is they've now twice released players with 550 max and then reset them. First, it was when they released Hank Aaron. He was 550 max but they quickly dialed him back to 520. Then a couple weeks ago they released a box with the Tommy John and he was 550 max. Again, they quickly dialed him back to 525. This makes me think they do plan to go to 550 at some point here and are not done releasing "better" players. The 490-500 max guys we're all committed to are going to be obsolete if they do. I can't imagine having those guys at Diamond 10 and then having to just basically get rid of them.
    So I don't have the Platinum fan rewards thing yet. When does that show up? I know it lasts for 2 days so I was hoping it would display immediately so I can hurry up and get rid of it lol.
    i hope theyre done maxing guys for 18. there isnt enough time to get competitive again. ive heard that theyre getting rid of gold for diamond leveling next year but thats just rumor. would be nice 
    edited February 2019
    I played a bonus game before touching any of my players and won 42-5 so it doesn't appear everything gets difficult immediately. I'm probably okay to just move up what I need for WOH and be frugal for a while and not commit too much to a bunch of players just yet.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I won WoH 4 times the first week I went plat and maxed 4 guys worse than yours, 6 would be ideal for covering 5.5-5.6 but not totally necessary.
    I won WoH 4 times the first week I went plat and maxed 4 guys worse than yours, 6 would be ideal for covering 5.5-5.6 but not totally necessary.

Yep, I am aiming for 4 lefties and 2 righties for WOH. 

L - Holiday Ted, BF Yelich, BF Harper, and need one more (Gallo? War Lord Mathews?)
    R - Kemp and Goldy/Encarnacion 
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    Is evo easier to get once you make the jump to platinum?
    its easiet once you start cycling d6. ive hadn't had any issues with evo for a long time 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Not really, unless you blow through the levels and spend all gold on evo, they used to have it in the tournament boxes but took it out when they pumped up the season rewards. The one thing you guys have going for you is you already have the chosen players and their skills somewhat leveled or capped. I wasted a ton on guys that ultimately got traded in.
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    The last 4 pitchers for WOH are usually 3 righties and 1 lefty. 5.5 and 5.6 have rotated between 1 of each and two righties.

RHP only- Ted, Harper, Yelich
    LHP only- Kemp
    both- EE and Goldy 

I wouldn’t worry about leveling up Eddie or Gallo based on the blue XP guys you have. The 6 I listed will be enough for you. Since you have PXP to spend though, I would consider leveling up Gallo instead of Goldy. That way you have more bxp to spend on your top batters (Harper, Kemp,  Yelich). There will always be better players coming out. If you go diamond, you have to commit to who you have and level them up as much as you can. Especially when you first make the move.

Dont forget that you can spend gold to reuse players for WOH. It is better to level your top 4 as high as you can, rather than having 6 guys at diamond 5-6. I would rather have 4 guys at diamond 7-9.
    edited February 2019
    @rmouse511 thanks for keeping me on a path here! I will be sure to concentrate on 4 guys. With 5.5 and 5.6 being a bit tough I probably wont be able to auto-play those like I have been at Gold tier anyway, so I'm not opposed to keeping a couple guys lower to upgrade others who are more important.

The biggest thing for me on Gallo vs Eddie Mathews is that Gallo is still at bronze with 0 skills and Mathews is Gold 10 with skills at 15/15 so it would be a considerable investment just to get Gallo to where Mathews is despite my surplus of PXP. There's that blue xp Machado staring at me from my inactives too, but I have a lot of blue xp guys already and I understand that blue xp gets to be hard to come by at some point.
    Any other Prime players you could level up? You really want to use all your legend XP on Holiday Ted. 
    @rmouse511 one of my pitchers is Prime deGrom 495 max. But... eh.... pitchers, right?

For 2B, I have been debating between blue XP 520 max Baez w/ CvC & vsL skill or the Prime Holiday 510 max Baez with double vsL skill. Maybe I need to go with Prime Holiday Baez there. Again, since I already have quite a lot of blue xp guys.

I have 1.1 million legend xp and have been getting about 300k per week from WOH and other random ways I've been getting it so I'm not terribly worried about legend xp. I'd have a ton more, but I've wasted so much of it on bonus guys over the course of time, sadly.
    I would do the Baez over Gallo since you already have so many good left handed hitters.
    And then since I am pretty good on LXP would you just go ahead with Mathews at this point at 3B?
    I had a plan for my first 6 players when I jumped to Diamond. Once that happened, I had to re-evaluate my resources before I decided who else to bring up. I ended up bringing up another legend since blue XP is difficult to get. I only did that after I got Ted leveled up. Since you have Eddie’s bonus skills leveled, he would be my next legend to bring up once you get Ted where you want him in diamond.
    edited February 2019
    @rmouse511 ok, cool... I think I was trying to talk myself into leveling Eddie anyway because I just love him LOL. Thanks a ton for all of your help here. Doing this was scary, but I've already had a ton of fun with it and I'm only a few hours in.

• I am back to building my team again, which is fun. 
    • Earlier I scored a 10.6 million round in CvC which was easily more than 3x my previous best. 
    • The bonus games aren't as bad as I was fearing; like @Bigpredfan had said, you can knock out a ton of these in a very short amount of time (like 5-10 mins) and then go do something else for an hour or two and not even worry about it. 
    • I have enough gloves I can probably get several hundred evo from hunting already. 
    • Our club is in 3rd place in the event.
    • The loyalty points you get is kind of hilarious. I bought out the 50 box limit in no time LOL.
    • Many of those "impossible" achievements are now "possible".
    • The glorious gold.
    I remember asking people about this before, but wasn't I supposed to get some cruddy fan rewards thing when I went platinum? Happened when I went Gold, but I haven't seen that yet.
    holiday baez is a definite. kills tommy on Wednesday. get through platinum yet? lol burned through around 1k today with a few loses. you had to have crushed it with bonus players 
    edited February 2019
    @chainblueltng yup! Haha went all the way through Platinum yesterday. I had every single bonus player and played over 1,000 games. I'm at the playoffs to go Diamond now. Think I'm going to wait a bit though for that move. We have another tier of players (530 max) coming out now.