Options

The official JeddDoggy run to Diamond thread

Comments

• Options
    chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    as long as the 530s are just bats and no pitchers lol 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Ha! Like they would let us off that easy... ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Ok guys, forgive me as I may be going insane! Need a little talking to / smacking around here. 

I am going to spend at least 20k gold to get the fan rewards Boegarts for a blue XP shortstop (so glad I did not level Galvis yet). 

There are two ways I am thinking of to spend the gold. I can either:

1. Just buy boxes hoping to get Boggs

Or

2. I have Mantle and it looks like I could get him to platinum, but would spend roughly 16k on his evo if the odds shake out fairly. However, we know I am planning to go Diamond. I might be willing to take on the project of getting him into Diamond too. 

Or 

3. Other recommendations? Just buy XP boxes? Ha!

What do you guys think? Is taking Mantle to Diamond too lofty of a goal? His evo may not be 50% off forever (even though Babe's discount never went away either).

• Options
    the easiest way to burn through gold is if you jump to diamond and level guys up. gold goes real fast
  • Options
    @chainblueltng not jumping to Diamond this weekend. Probably next! I want to see what WOH looks like this week and gather more resources if possible (legend XP, mainly).
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I saved some boxes from WOH and the Royale because they both had Kemp. I took him to diamond 6 and got him 4 times from the boxes to get him to diamond 10. Saved me a ton of resources! He will be my hitter against lefties in WOH!

• Options
    edited February 2019
    @rmouse511 Nice!!! I have him too but unfortunately I will have to level him the old fashioned way.

Did you see my post before yours? Was hoping some folks could weigh in.

I'm sort of leaning toward just buying boxes to try for Boggs- would give me my Boagerts at SS and clear up my confusion of options at 3B.
  • Options
    I think you should save your gold until you make the jump to diamond. It goes quick once you make the move up.

I would recommend going to diamond now, spend 20k leveling up players, and then get Xander. You could find a club with the leveling discount and save a ton leveling him up to diamond.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Ok! I'm at the Diamond playoffs now... I guess I could jump now. I'm just scared I won't be able to complete WOH anymore and thus my XP flow would be essentially gone and probably ruin the whole thing for me.

EDIT: We have the 20 percent leveling discount from getting 3rd yesterday too. Man, I guess now would be as good of time as any to jump to Diamond, but I'm frightened lol.
  • Options
    do you have holiday tedd and holiday baez.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @chainblueltng yes, I have them both. However, I was having a ton of trouble this week with Mantle against Tommy John. Not sure how people are doing it with Baez. Unless WOH magically gets easier at Platinum and Diamond.... Also, Holiday Ted only won about 30 percent of the time on Monday capped at Gold. He's not going to be capped right away at Diamond, maybe D7 but not capped.

• Options
    i have ted at d3 with skills at 14 each. baez at d7 with skills at 14 each yelich and Encarnacion at d3 with skills at 14 each and i cycle fairly easy. if you can get them there youll be fine
  • Options
    Ok hmmm.... so it has to be easier at Diamond then. Because I know for darned sure I would not be able to cycle at Gold with those guys only at level 3. It's hard with them capped lol.
  • Options
    the pitchers are normally at d5 or d6 for diamond 5 10 and i do use the 80 gold boost. if i have to use baez its normally fairly easy maybe a few restarts if any. if using ted its a little harder since i only have him at d3 but I  do get through 
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I also regularly double up on WOH with my top guy and use him at both 5-9 and 5-10 for an extra 100 gold.  I could probably do it without but it just makes it a lot faster and easier rather than grinding repeatedly with lesser guys on higher levels since you're basically one man stronger at each level using 9 guys instead of 10.  

As much as I valued gold I would never have done this at Platinum or lower but at Diamond I don't even think twice about it.

Once my Diamond team gets a little stronger I probably won't do but for now it just makes it much easier.
  • Options
    Nice, guys. Thanks for the replies! 

I am really skittish about going Diamond this week because I only have 930 evo right now and only have 4 guys even moved into Platinum. Another week of evo hunting and completing another season I can probably double that and feel much more comfortable. 

That said, I'm kind of realizing that getting ATGs to Diamond is kind of a pipe dream. Maybe Glu will realize this for the 19 version and make them easier to level up at the higher tiers. I'll keep them on my roster for now, but if they become available via WOH again I will probably drop them just in case I were to pull them again. I can handle the XP investment but not the amount of gold it takes to buy their evo.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @chainblueltng yes, I have them both. However, I was having a ton of trouble this week with Mantle against Tommy John. Not sure how people are doing it with Baez. Unless WOH magically gets easier at Platinum and Diamond.... Also, Holiday Ted only won about 30 percent of the time on Monday capped at Gold. He's not going to be capped right away at Diamond, maybe D7 but not capped.

Its random man.   Last week Mantle was about 35% against TJ, this week he was over 70%.  Just never know sadly
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Nice, guys. Thanks for the replies! 

I am really skittish about going Diamond this week because I only have 930 evo right now and only have 4 guys even moved into Platinum. Another week of evo hunting and completing another season I can probably double that and feel much more comfortable. 

That said, I'm kind of realizing that getting ATGs to Diamond is kind of a pipe dream. Maybe Glu will realize this for the 19 version and make them easier to level up at the higher tiers. I'll keep them on my roster for now, but if they become available via WOH again I will probably drop them just in case I were to pull them again. I can handle the XP investment but not the amount of gold it takes to buy their evo.
    How much Blue XP do you have right now and where are your top Blue XP guys ranked?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    How much Blue XP do you have right now and where are your top Blue XP guys ranked?

Right now, here's what I have resource wise:

Cash: 2 million
    Gold: 32k
    Bonus Games: 900
    Blue XP: 434k
    Prime XP: 2 million
    Legend XP: 925k
    Evo: 970

So blue XP is actually what I am hurting on the most. But, that's because I've leveled a lot of those guys up in Platinum. 

Everyone is still at Gold except for these guys: 

SP - 520 blue xp Verlander
    2B - 510 prime xp Baez
    OF - 515 blue xp Kemp
    OF - 490 blue xp Harper
    OF - 500 blue xp Yelich
    DH - 525 legend xp Teddy

I'm also looking to grab blue xp Boegarts from fan rewards. So this is maybe another reason to wait a week or two on moving up. I need more blue xp. Lots more.

EDIT: Well now, looking at my chart I could get those guys to about D7 or thereabouts. This is, of course, leaving all of my Gold 10 guys alone for now. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Pitchers at 5.9 and 5.10 are level 4 and 5 respectively in diamond, Marichal was 436, and Scherzer and John were at 464.  My best overall bat at the moment is Bryant at 505 and I have him at 8, so 482 overall with 16/16, he boosted with 80 gold to 751, EE at D9 boosts to 747, and D8 Holiday Trout goes to 741.  If you have enough to take say Holiday Ted to D8 which should put him at like 496-498 you’re going to have a 300 point advantage after boosts and while you won’t win every time you’re still going to be pretty competitive.  So if you have at least one left and one right handed guy near that level you’re going to be alright.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @redlegs2018u I think my main issue right now is after I take Baez and Ted to Diamond, that uses up most of my evo. I need to wait a week and evo hunt and get some more. I know I'd probably be okay anyway, but I feel like waiting another week and piling up some more LXP and Evo would really give me peace at mind.
  • Options
    How many bonus games is each tier in Diamond? I know the last one is 1,000 games.

• Options
    I think it is 600, 800, 900, and the last 3 are all 1,000 games.
  • Options
    Kemp and Bogarts are basically the same player with their ratings and bonus skills. Since there is usually only 1 lefty in the last 4, it doesn’t make sense to spend resources to level up both players. I would focus on just Kemp since you already have him in platinum.
  • Options
    Welp. 

Made the jump. Just said the heck with it and threw both feet in. 

@rmouse thanks! That's a lot of games, but the 1200 that I played yesterday alone wasn't that bad. Not nearly as bad as I was fearing. You can crank out 100 of those in no time just clicking autoplay really fast.

Also, good thinking on Kemp / Bogaerts. I'll keep Bogaerts on the back burner for now, but he'll be great to have later on once I can spend more resources on him.
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Great thread.  I'd like to do similar in a few weeks.  Need to store up resources first though.
  • Options
    Glad you made the jump. You now have the weekend to get through as many levels of diamond as you can before WOH on Monday. Once you get the 600 EVO for level 6, and can repeat that over and over, you will be fine to level up as many players as you want. 
  • Options
    youre gonna get him now you're leveling up diamond players. i think 2 or 3 players in the mid diamond range would be around 20k
  • Options
    Keep posting your experience with the move. I think you are helping a ton people as they consider moving to diamond. You get to be the guinea pig for others!
  • Options
    @rmouse511 Yep, hopefully this helps some guys! My main thing right now is what am I going to do when I run out of bonus games? Which I eventually will. Playing tournaments only gets you like 10 bonus games it seems. And they cost 30k cash. Which I need cash for team upgrades.

Speaking of team upgrades- what do you guys have those at in diamond? I got the hitting ones up to about 67 before jumping to diamond and haven’t touched them since. I figure I’ll need cash for other things like leveling up players and those expensive tournaments to get more bonus games.