Options

Keeper details: let's discuss!

189101214

Comments

  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    The last two days have been good to me lol 
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    hornsup17 said:
    jpuck6190 said:
    One thing is for sure i definately want to take realmuto. Was sick of worrying about a catcher all year plus the oic is cool lol. Now for my number 2 guy im in a dreaded mess. Please help.


    I know this is a small sample size, but Miami JT hasn't been doing that great for me in WOH. I do conceded that I don't have his skills as high (16/20 and 14/20, 20/60 pennants compared to 16/20 for both Shawn green skills and 60/60 pennants ). I'm really starting to wonder if the right on right is hurting more despite his higher base stats. But, he is a catcher, has a ridiculous hit rating and this is a very small sample size. But just saying it's not a slam dunk decision for me... 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Does anyone happen to know the cost of keeper skils thru level 6?   I think me like others were under the impression that everything was 5 times the cost however I saw pic today of the skill cost being 15000 bxp from 4-5 and 7500 pxp from 5-6.   Is anyone able to confirm this?   As of now:
    50K cash
    125k cash
    250k cash
    25 evo
    15k bxp
    7.5k pxp
  • Options
    Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    So I have Molitor 535 Harper and pulled JT in WoH last night. JT is a given carryover. Would it be crazy to take Harper instead of Molitor? My thinking is since the skills are 5x I doubt I heavily invest in the skills maybe past more than 2%. So therefore I’d have a great Right Handed catcher to start with and a great left handed OF/DH to start with rather than Molitor just a DH?
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Biceson44 said:
    So I have Molitor 535 Harper and pulled JT in WoH last night. JT is a given carryover. Would it be crazy to take Harper instead of Molitor? My thinking is since the skills are 5x I doubt I heavily invest in the skills maybe past more than 2%. So therefore I’d have a great Right Handed catcher to start with and a great left handed OF/DH to start with rather than Molitor just a DH?
    The main advantage keepers will have over the top players in 19 at any given point (forget about factor going up overtime) is the fact that they have 2 skills, versus initial ‘19 players none or 1 at certain point (then 2 eventually). So even if you level both skills to 2-3%, it will make a difference as compared to ‘19 players. JT is a no brainer cause he is C, which is hard to get and a pretty good at that. Now, if u take Harper, his skills (for WOH anyways) match those of JT, so no extra gain other than a good couple of players in case pitcher is a righty. But then you would be naked if the 5.9-5.10 pitcher is a lefty, only depending in pulls quality and maybe mylegend, which may not be enough. Then u have the fact that OF is the easiest position to fill in this game. 
    Molitor in the other hand, would give u an incredible batter versus lefties in WOH and any other event. The fact that he is a DH is certainly a negative, so you need to keep that factor into consideration. 
    By the way, Molitor is 540, not 535. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,725 Posts
    If u create a SH catcher for your legend you could have a great catcher without JT
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    If u create a SH catcher for your legend you could have a great catcher without JT
    Very true but not sure if your legend will ever have 2 skills, and also even though glu said that your legend will this year move up its max overall over time, nothing indicates if it will ever go as high as 540+ player from ‘18 or the max will eventually stop at 500 or less. 
    Just saying
  • Options
    Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    Biceson44 said:
    So I have Molitor 535 Harper and pulled JT in WoH last night. JT is a given carryover. Would it be crazy to take Harper instead of Molitor? My thinking is since the skills are 5x I doubt I heavily invest in the skills maybe past more than 2%. So therefore I’d have a great Right Handed catcher to start with and a great left handed OF/DH to start with rather than Molitor just a DH?
    The main advantage keepers will have over the top players in 19 at any given point (forget about factor going up overtime) is the fact that they have 2 skills, versus initial ‘19 players none or 1 at certain point (then 2 eventually). So even if you level both skills to 2-3%, it will make a difference as compared to ‘19 players. JT is a no brainer cause he is C, which is hard to get and a pretty good at that. Now, if u take Harper, his skills (for WOH anyways) match those of JT, so no extra gain other than a good couple of players in case pitcher is a righty. But then you would be naked if the 5.9-5.10 pitcher is a lefty, only depending in pulls quality and maybe mylegend, which may not be enough. Then u have the fact that OF is the easiest position to fill in this game. 
    Molitor in the other hand, would give u an incredible batter versus lefties in WOH and any other event. The fact that he is a DH is certainly a negative, so you need to keep that factor into consideration. 
    By the way, Molitor is 540, not 535. 
    Yeah. That is kinda where I was leaning. I think I was just trying to talk myself into keeping the only player I bought all season in Harper. Screw the Phillies anyways. Chop On!
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    Biceson44 said:
    So I have Molitor 535 Harper and pulled JT in WoH last night. JT is a given carryover. Would it be crazy to take Harper instead of Molitor? My thinking is since the skills are 5x I doubt I heavily invest in the skills maybe past more than 2%. So therefore I’d have a great Right Handed catcher to start with and a great left handed OF/DH to start with rather than Molitor just a DH?
    The main advantage keepers will have over the top players in 19 at any given point (forget about factor going up overtime) is the fact that they have 2 skills, versus initial ‘19 players none or 1 at certain point (then 2 eventually). So even if you level both skills to 2-3%, it will make a difference as compared to ‘19 players. JT is a no brainer cause he is C, which is hard to get and a pretty good at that. Now, if u take Harper, his skills (for WOH anyways) match those of JT, so no extra gain other than a good couple of players in case pitcher is a righty. But then you would be naked if the 5.9-5.10 pitcher is a lefty, only depending in pulls quality and maybe mylegend, which may not be enough. Then u have the fact that OF is the easiest position to fill in this game. 
    Molitor in the other hand, would give u an incredible batter versus lefties in WOH and any other event. The fact that he is a DH is certainly a negative, so you need to keep that factor into consideration. 
    By the way, Molitor is 540, not 535. 
    My feeling is that keepers will factor initially for all teams and IF growth/leveling is controlled, wins in competitions are consistent, you are in a good club with consistent high finishes, there is a measure of personal investment, you will be able to keep them relevant at up to gold level until the turn of the year when resources start to flow hard and then they can be brought to even higher levels as relevant factors.  They are junior ATGs, max levels will be kept near the front of the pack and juiced at regular intervals.  Max them early and control your leveling and they will remain among your best for months.  
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    #secretsharednowletskicksomea$$
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I appreciate the input you guys are laying down. This week has added to confusion about who to keep. I pulled Cooperstown Edgar yesterday and max 520 Carpenter RISP/BO earlier in week and am now not sure what to keep. Plan was RHP/RHP Khris Davis at 515 and Posada but I can't get over Posada's VS skill. It's just so unappealing to me and besides Prime and Season boost the most useless. Edgar being a DH hurts his value but out of the gate to start 19 maybe not as much at first glance. It would be nice to have double RHP and LHP boost though. Decisions, decisions....
  • Options
    MetalHyena010MetalHyena010 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Who to take... 535 Hoz or 540 Kruk?? Hoz double right handed skill and Kruk right handed skill and CvC. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited March 2019
    more choices in a few hours.......
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Who to take... 535 Hoz or 540 Kruk?? Hoz double right handed skill and Kruk right handed skill and CvC. 
    I'd go with Hoz
  • Options
    MetalHyena010MetalHyena010 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Let's just pretend I didn't get 30,000 gold bars during triple gold, and I only have those two choices. Already pickup my JT last weekend.
  • Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Let's just pretend I didn't get 30,000 gold bars during triple gold, and I only have those two choices. Already pickup my JT last weekend.
    Hoz - is infinitely better in WOH and his skills should be active more frequently during the season anyway. I have Shawn Green and Kruk, and even as a Phillies fan I'm leaning toward Green as a WOH Lefty specialist.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Options
    MetalHyena010MetalHyena010 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Let's just pretend I didn't get 30,000 gold bars during triple gold, and I only have those two choices. Already pickup my JT last weekend.
    Hoz - is infinitely better in WOH and his skills should be active more frequently during the season anyway. I have Shawn Green and Kruk, and even as a Phillies fan I'm leaning toward Green as a WOH Lefty specialist.
    Good looking out!
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,725 Posts
    valid point but I’m guessing that if you can cycle walkoff then your going to improve at all positions soon enough that it might not matter. LL posey version 27 might appear in a box by June to replace JT. 
  • Options
    spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    Has anyone tried Ichiro in WOH yet?  Shawn Green has been money for me, and Ichiro seems slightly better in every important category... but the sense I'm getting here is that some players don't perform as well in WOH for whatever reason (Jed Lowrie being the one I hear about the most).  Any reason I shouldn't take Ichiro over Green?
  • Options
    hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
    so I’m now torn between Green, Ichiro and Mays...also have dbl RHP Hoz...this isn’t getting any easier lol
  • Options
    usbluesusblues Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    I got the I hire yesterday at 540 with double WOH. Is that worth keeping?
  • Options
    Dave480Dave480 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Just curious for other opinions...

    legend Betts - 525 max - lhp/risp 
    prime Yadi - 515 max - woh/risp 
    prime Rizzo - 500 max - rhp/risp
    prime Carp - 520 max - blowout/risp
    reg. Lawrie - 525 max - woh/woh 
    reg. Simmons - 515 max - woh/rhp 

    legend Erskine - 520 max - lhb/prime 
    prime Hill - 510 max - lhb/late

    leaning Lawrie and either Yadi or Betts, and Erskine...thoughts?
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    We have a new, undisputed keeper king:


    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    they are already moving the maxes..... keep ur eyes open 🙄🙄🙄


  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:
    We have a new, undisputed keeper king:


    The speeds are kind of high though, no?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022


  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    @DFBB pic is latest status btw
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Mickey is 341 hit 352 power at gold 10.
    Jack Clark will be 339 hit and 345 or 346 power at gold 10 if my math is good.

    Mickey still nudges it from that side of the plate - but damn close!
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Will for my lefty pleeeeeaaaassseeee
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    Will for my lefty pleeeeeaaaassseeee
    He's looking solid!!
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Will Clark is still 550 for me, after app restart.
Sign In or Register to comment.