Options

To keep or not to keep...

ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
edited March 2019 in General TSB Discussion
So sorrys pics not in correct order...but....
So I have some difficult decisions to make...first off, do we keep our players (2 batters and one pitcher) at their current level, or bottomed back out to starting level?
If we keep them as is...would you keep on a 20-25 point higher potential, say I just got Whitey Ford Legend 540 2 days ago, but only got him to gold 6 285....with 4% stat increases.....or keep a Verlander who is a 515 potential, but already flipped to platinum 8 and nearly 400.
Expensive to flip to platinum, to justify the 20 point potential gain with Spitball Whitey!
Same with Molitor and Rizutto, I have them both at gold 10 around 320....515-520 Max each, but I have Adam Jones 490 Max flipped to platinum 5 330, and Robby Cano flipped to platinum 6 315....
Thoughts?
ORBBIRDS

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Sort of sorry to let go, because i flipped all of my starters before replacing Whitey Ford.
    Verlander Max 520, Platinum 8 391
    Marco Gonzalez 515, Platinum 6 356
    Sean Doolittle 510, platinum 7 330
    James Paxton 460, platinum 10 320
    ORBBIRDS
    Edits in both posts for typos and point accuracy
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Any keepers we take to 19 will be reset to bronze 1. They also become blue xp regardless of their current xp type in 18. The cost to level them up in 19 will be 5x as much of any normal 19 players, including levels and skills, so it will be expensive. 
    Even if u had unlimited resources in 19 you will only be able to cap them at a partial max number based on a factor (0.6 to start) so 540 max will actually start as 324 max and the 520 max will start with a max of 312. Again, they both start at bronze 1 and skills at zero. The 0.6 factor will increase over time (not clear yet if it depends of actual time or based on team level) until it is 1 and your player goes back to current max in the 2018 version.

if i was to take one of those 2 i will go with Ford.
  • Options
    Hmmmm the math suggests you are correct!
    ORBBIRDS