WoH for 3-25-19: The Season Finale will be a Thriller!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Before I dig into WoH, man, how about that weekend, eh? Many of us knew that we had a new numero uno vs rightys in Will Clark. 3x gold videos allowed many of us to save and we were all prepared for an epic fan rewards and looked forward to chasing Will. Well, it was epic alright; An epic letdown. Seriously, talk about anticlimactic! Ugh! Anyways...

All things considered, I find myself incredibly excited about today's WoH. I know many are getting burned out and some have already retired their thumbs, but if Will Clark is in the box, I plan on playing nonstop! Last week, we had some incredible players as the 45% rewards. I'm not sure how they can top that, but not much will surprise me. Will we see 550s as a 45%? It would be nuts, but at this point, all bets are off! As a result, I've been hesitant to pony up for 'Muto's last two levels(24k gold/339k lxp). The ATGs have dominated the Monday boxes. Well, their mugs have. I expect that trend to continue today, but my interest lies in the 'common' 10% player. For myself and many today, it's Will or bust! And that's assuming he's even in the box. If he's excluded from today's box, it will be absolutely deflating. 

I expect one of the premium guys from the Giants legacy box to be the guaranteed player today. I'd be over the moon if that player is Will Clark(you sense a pattern here? I kind of want him), but my money will be on Buster Posey. I just feel like he checks all the boxes and isn't 'too good' like Will Clark. Personally, I'd love to see a pitcher, but we've only had one all year(LL Klubot) as the guarantee. Maybe now that the season is over, Holiday Ted will finally appear? Hmm...

I honestly hate to see '18 end, but here's hoping that it goes out with a bang. For those of you who are still pushing, I salute you. It's nice to know that I'm not the only crazy around. GL y'all!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev134

Comments

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Those Giants boxes were stingy! Only got Posey.
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Wouldn't it be a kick in the junk if they ignored the Giants box altogether? I'll be absolutely sick if they do, but  I wouldn't be shocked. Or, if they make it ATG's and if we missed Will yesterday, he's gone forever, Now I'm depressed...
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Yeah I am pretty sure you ARE the only crazy around. If there was a forum achievement for crazy you'd have over 1K for sure now :smile: 

Jokes aside though I love your passion about the game brother. Keep it up 🤘
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    I focused on that box and the cvc rewards were great for me. Pulled everyone out of the box except juan and jack. I hope they go with some giants in the box today but ted would be nice to cap. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited March 2019
    In this late season craze of ever-increasing overall max players, Glu seems to make players super hard to get at first, like a fraction of a percent in Will Clark's case where they had a handful of guys lumped into a 1% pull rate making them all like a 1/300 shot (correct me if wrong there) and then maybe 2-5 days later handing those same players to you on a silver platter via WOH. 

I think there's a very good chance that they just throw all the good players from the weekend in the box with the ATGs and making it an epic WOH finale. But we'll see, because they can be real jerks sometimes LOL.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I don't even see the point of GLU making the boxes full of ATG and then not even people cycling 13+ times (maybe 20+ times) can pull the freaking atg. What are they saving them for? I'm not saying give atgs as the 45% player but at least 10% should be ok. Not that getting an ATG at this point is such a big deal anyways. 
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Do we expect them to ramp up the difficulty again? Last week they bumped Ford to Gold 7 (for us Gold slackers) in what may have been a nod to the increased attractiveness of rewards. I wonder if we might get another bump?
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Here’s a thought...keeping in mind Glu recently upgraded ATG EVO boxes, I’m thinking today’s WoH box is a guaranteed ATG (90% box). This will allow them to “sell” gold for those not cycling Diamond to get the EVO. The 10% box would then be “the Clarks” from yesterday. Why else change the EVO boxes at this point in the year?!?!?! Would this scenario make for the grand finale we all hoped for on the past weekend’s fan rewards? Comments/thoughts...
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    They did significantly increase the evo in the boxes and only added an extra 100 to buy them. I think its just a bone they threw at guys who are going to continue to play 18 and pull money from both games. 
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Last week - Guaranteed 540 Kruk with a CvC skill and RHP. The 45% players were OF Khris Davis (bleh) and WOH Legend OF Shawn Green (good). Both 535 max players with the 10% player basically being 540 OF Suzuki (slightly upgraded Green). Sprinkle in the highly unlikely 550 ATGs.

Today, I expect a guaranteed 540 player, with 45% of 540 players with a 10% chance of a player who is 545. Throw in some tiny odds of landing some ATG's and that's all we can expect IMO. Enough to get the hardcore players playing for 550 ATGs and the more casual players trying for a keeper upgrade, but no guaranteed 550 stud to take to '19.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2019
    @Husker I can't imagine the difficulty being raised for one final event, but I've been wrong on more than one occasion. Lol

@JEDDDOGGY Spoken like a true Will Clark owner. How dare you try to jinx the rest of us! We want to have fun too. Hahahaha

@fahhq2 I actually thought about a similar scenario too. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I guess it would be cool for some, but it's Will or bust for me.

last Monday Kruk was the guaranteed but the 45% were not Davis and Green (that was wednesday). The 45% on Monday were Molitor (540) and Hosmer (535). Both possible keeper s for a lot of people. 
    edited March 2019
    DFBB said:
    @Husker I can't imagine the difficulty being raised for one final event, but I've been wrong on more than one occasion. Lol

@JEDDDOGGY Spoken like a true Will Clark owner. How dare you try to jinx the rest of us! We want to have fun too. Hahahaha

@fahhq2 I actually thought about a similar scenario too. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I guess it would be cool for some, but it's Will or bust for me.

I am with @dfbb as far as the difficulty goes. It's probably the last hurrah for 18 and I am sure GLU wants us to get super max players to take over to 19 as keepers as:

1 - It will make us wanting to play 19 that much more as we have a higher max player right away (even if they are not 100% yet)
    2 - It will make us spend more getting resources for the other players in 19 as we would spend most of it on the keepers (if we don't play it smart that is)

tocopan18 said:
    last Monday Kruk was the guaranteed but the 45% were not Davis and Green (that was wednesday). The 45% on Monday were Molitor (540) and Hosmer (535). Both possible keeper s for a lot of people. 
    Oooops, yes you are right.
    Also everyone don't forget to migrate to the 19 forum once it is available. One of us will post a link to it once it goes live.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Also everyone don't forget to migrate to the 19 forum once it is available. One of us will post a link to it once it goes live.
    Had no idea it was a different forum, thanks for the heads up
    Houmy said:
    Had no idea it was a different forum, thanks for the heads up
    Yes every version has had it's own forum and old forums are still active. Nothing about your forum account changes though and you may simply use the new forum to post about 19 related issues/comments.

• Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts

edited March 2019
    Edit: already posted.

• superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    What are the percentages on these?
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Kruk?  We already got him
    Let's try to figure out who the "easy" 10 percenters are. Probably deGrom going to be the easy one, I'd guess.
    @JEDDDOGGY, it's def degrom. 😪
    90% for Kruk, Posada and Schmidt
    well, at least on the easier ones, Schmidt would be a nice replacement for those that were thinking about Molitor as a keeper
    edited March 2019
    How long can you keep the boxes for? I plan on leveling Schmidt eventually and if I can save these, it will help. But I don't plan on doing it for a while as I will be playing minimally (and ATGs are no longer a hard "no" at diamond with the new evo box amounts).

@DFBB I'm rooting for you, man! Hopefully he isn't as rare of a pull as it looks at first glance here.
    weird that only guaranteed Posey is bonus today. They never do that.
    tocopan18 said:
    well, at least on the easier ones, Schmidt would be a nice replacement for those that were thinking about Molitor as a keeper
    I'd replace Molitor with Schmidt happily as Schmidt has a higher cap, good skills and 3B >>>> DH only.
    tocopan18 said:
    I'd replace Molitor with Schmidt happily as Schmidt has a higher cap, good skills and 3B >>>> DH only.
    Honestly, I might replace Molitor with Posey anyway because C>>>>DH. I know the RISP skill isn't great though. Tough call.
    Same pitchers as the last two weeks.