Options

Clean Update When is 19 Here?

ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
People are starting to delete their old 18 version, posting tentative dates, etc...

I wanted to start a new thread with CONCRETE info.
When is 19 arriving, and what should we do when it does come?

Two simple questions, hoping for 2 simple answers from admin.
My best,
ORBBIRDS

Comments

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Admin? Forget about admin. They never read/answer anything in here.
    You are better off asking to long time users.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    No one knows concrete information about that here. 

As as far as what to do when it arrives, if you delete 2018 eventually you may not be able to re-download it. I’m going to keep it on my phone and download 2019 as well. I don’t have any real concrete keepers, and since I’m moving I won’t have the time to play as much right away. So I’m gonna just collect my daily gold and see what happens in 2018. Maybe I’ll be able to play another walk-off and get a keeper after 2019 hits. 
  • Options
    skellhunterskellhunter Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Do not delete 18 until 19 has dropped and you have merged your players. If you delete 18 too early then you will not be able to redownload it, ultimately losing your ability to merge players. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Is deletion a mandatory part of the player migration process?  I was planning on running both for awhile.  
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @ORBBIRDS 18 was released one day after the pre-registration closed. Pre-registration for 18 closed on the 26th and it was released on the 27th so it may be today for all we know.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Is deletion a mandatory part of the player migration process?  I was planning on running both for awhile.  

I still have 17..... no need to delete anything imo. I don't play 17 anymore but it is doing no harm on my phone. I dont plan on deleting / deinstalling 18
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    If have room on your device then don't delete it as it will disappear from the stores for download if you change your mind later. You may still be able to download it from various APK sites but who know what could be embedded in those "safe" downloads from those sites.

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Do not delete 18 until 19 has dropped and you have merged your players. If you delete 18 too early then you will not be able to redownload it, ultimately losing your ability to merge players. 
    Not that I recommend anyone delete it but what's the point of either linking your game to Facebook or email in-app or using Game Center for iOS and Play Store for Android? I would think minimal app data would be stored in cloud in some fashion which wouldn't require the app (2018) being on the device.
  • Options
    Not that I recommend anyone delete it but what's the point of either linking your game to Facebook or email in-app or using Game Center for iOS and Play Store for Android? I would think minimal app data would be stored in cloud in some fashion which wouldn't require the app (2018) being on the device.
    The linking is basically your login but as far as the app being on your device wouldn't you need that if you want to play it again? As mentioned it will disappear from official Android & iOS download sources as GLU doesn't want to spend resources (servers, manpower) for the upkeep.

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Sure, of course but I don't think having 2018 on the device is critical to bring players over to 2019. I'm also not willing to try and prove that hypothesis either....
  • Options
    Sure, of course but I don't think having 2018 on the device is critical to bring players over to 2019. I'm also not willing to try and prove that hypothesis either....
    Sorry, I misunderstood your point. You are right as it shouldn't be necessary to have the 18 version on the device for keepers to transfer as your information is kept on GLU servers in case the app needs to be reinstalled due to crashes or something else. But as you said why risk it when we are just a few days (or maybe even today) out.

• Options
    Dm210Dm210 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I just downloaded 17 for the hell of it, it doesn't pop up in the play store but a simple Google search will bring up any game to legitimately download.  So I think people are going a little overboard thinking they'll never see 18 again if they delete it
  • Options
    I got 19.  How do I link my club? I linked Facebook but nothing changed
  • Options
    It states to keep 18 for transfer of the 3 players in the 18 forum
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    benny100 said:
    bigvivec said:

I still have 17..... no need to delete anything imo. I don't play 17 anymore but it is doing no harm on my phone. I dont plan on deleting / deinstalling 18
    On the next episode of Hoarders 2027....Grown man has 20 versions of Tap Sports Baseball on his phone 😂  Will we be able to get him to delete TSB 17!?  Let’s wait and see....
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    My reply was sent to moderation @JdotChristopher....  so I gave u a lol instead! 🤣