Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

a bit better at least

theoktonytheoktony Registered Users 34 Posts
with all the negative posts i just wanted to say that last night when i was racing, despite it still freezing up a lot, i didn't have the orange bar nearly as much and if i did it was only for a minute or two. don't know what you guys are doing but keep it up. it is definitely a step in the right direction. i would also like to add that even though the orange bar is there you can still get challenged you just can't challenge others. so thank you admins for all your hard work. i am sure you guys will iron out the kinks in due time.

Comments

• theoktonytheoktony Registered Users 34 Posts
    oops... i meant devs, admins and mods. not just admins
  • Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Yeah they added more servers also! It's getting better
  • Darkd00mDarkd00m Registered Users 2,685 Posts
    I agree old women! I have had some better game play the last 24 hours! Still glitchy tho, lots of disconnects and even lost a civic SI maxed to a frozen start. It was weird... Please make this better guys!
  • MikeyChiMikeyChi Registered Users 13 Posts
    For 1 day it was better for me. I was able to access one of my accounts w crashes here and there, now crashes after 1-2 races. Main account still doesn't load. The main issue is the game crashing that should be first on their list but something tells me they can't figure out why it's happening (they said another 10 days for new update after they said 2 weeks 3 weeks ago.) Also if it was that easy to fix orange bar why wasn't it fixed long ago? That has been an issue for a year now!! Just want to race normal again .....
  • theoktonytheoktony Registered Users 34 Posts
    ok, so it has been a while now and have to admit... it has been running very well for me lately. until i go to turf that is. i find the launch button and shift button have a far too common lag when in turf lobbies. don't know if you only have too much traffic as there weren't a lot of players in some of the lobbies. or perhaps your servers are prioritizing resources... dunno. crazy laggy then it crashes after about 4-5 races (though it has been known to crash after 2 races on occasion). this is the first turf event i have done in a while as i haven't been on a team for a few months so the heavy dose of lag caught me off guard and the constant restarting is irritating. but that aside, all this week i have been really enjoying playing. it has been very smooth for my ipad. maybe about 4-5 crashes between mon and fri. but this weekend i am sure it is pushin at least 60 or 70 by now. whatever you guys were doin last week was awesome. i saw definite improvement on this end. oh, on a side note... i rarely put nitrous on my cars but i won one in a pink race the other day... i see what the complaint is now. indeed, that nos button might as well be in a different time zone it is so far away from where your hand would comfortably sit. i recommend moving it a touch closer. at least a foot or two, lol. and why are the shift button tapered skinny at the top? if ir was uniform it would be easier to play. usually your eyes dart around looking at the rpms, then the lights, back to the tach, etc... i have misjudged where the shift button was on more than one occasion albiet by just a hair. doesn't it make more sense to be peddles? i understand the whole steering wheel quick shift shape but why? steering isn't involved in your game at all. actually, you could use any shape button really it doesn't need to be peddles. but a few minor button placement tweaks would be an easy way to increase the playability factor a bit. just sayin... so keep up the decent work cie. good on ya