Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Glu and Racing Rivals

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey all.

So as many of you know, the news broke out earlier this week that Glu Mobile Inc (www.glu.com) has acquired Cie Games. After reading posts here on the forums and posts on our Facebook page, it’s clear that there is some confusion and a lot of questions about what this means for us here at Cie Games and more importantly what this means to Racing Rivals.

First off, no, we did not just sell the game just to run off with wads of cash in our hands. Glu Mobile acquired the studio. This includes all Cie Games IPs and all the staff that work here. We are all now under the Glu Mobile umbrella. What this means for Racing Rivals is that our team will have more resources at our disposal and we will be able to bring the game to a wider audience.

Also what this means is that the update we had planned for Monday will again have to be postponed while we make the transition from Cie Games under Cie Studios to whatever our new name will be under Glu Mobile. For this we apologize. In the meantime, while we work through the transition, our dev folks will still working on fixing those bugs, it will just take longer than we expected.
Until we get this update out, we will not be able to offer compensation for any losses on a wide scale. Once we have it up and running we can then discuss any forms of compensation. You can however contact Customer Service to look into race issues. Please keep in mind, they most likely will not be able to help with general race issues, but they can certainly look into specific issues.

Please review this post: http://racingrivalsforum.ciegames.co...stomer-service

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we make this transition from Cie Studios to Glu Mobile.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• Options
    CRXBOICRXBOI Registered Users 491 Posts
    ETA : on update
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    So, I'm not going to give one. Whenever one of us gives a rough estimate, it becomes gospel. I know that sucks, but giving any kind of ETA has does nothing but backfire on us because things like this happen and then we need to move the date back again. So I will say, there is an estimated date for delivery, I do have confidence we will meet it, but I won't give that out until we are closer to that date.

I will try and get as much info as I can about the update as we go, and I am sorry about having to be vague with the date but it does give our team a little more time to put in a few more bug fixes.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    CRXBOICRXBOI Registered Users 491 Posts
    You guys do know you have dropped a considerable amount in top grossing in the App Store. Many users are still unable to play. You should focus fixing those issue on the game then continuing doing what you are at the moment. Shouldn't be that hard to push a update through ..
  • Options
    JuanmaTuscaniJuanmaTuscani Registered Users 1,091 Posts
    I hope the Staff still got the job. Things are hard on the streets, and now days companies are firing employees to lower the payroll. At least we still have RR !!!

Thanks for the info tho !
  • Options
    dimi937dimi937 Registered Users 590 Posts
    In my humble opinion, the best way to fix it would be to award all of your old players cash and gems. This is what most players lost and what most players would appreciate getting back -including me.
  • Options
    JuanmaTuscaniJuanmaTuscani Registered Users 1,091 Posts
    Yay !!! Ryys that is a great news, since I have a small portion of love to all of you hahaha !!! Cya around boss :D
  • Options
    WDN4LWDN4L Registered Users 46 Posts
    I'm actually glad Glu Mobile acquired Cie Game simply because they have the resources to help the game get better with more staff. I hope this update is an awesome on and I'm pretty excited. The only thing I don't want to come over from other Glu Mobile games is the power bar/energy bar limit for it to refill.
  • Options
    joedawnnjoedawnn Registered Users 1,216 Posts
    Can't get mad about the update being pushed back, lol all that means is presumably more issues will be addressed with it being pushed back. Compensation means nothing to me without a functional game. Thank you for keeping us updated.
  • Options
    CATCAT Registered Users 1,514 Posts
    Hope u all guys doing ok and no retrenchment or downsize for cie original staff.i loves rr fox

Have 35$ pp to spend hmu
    Fueled racing beta tester/RR android beta tester/2013-present RR

• Options
    supa crazy 284supa crazy 284 Registered Users 626 Posts
    Right despite the sale of the game CIE will fix the profiles of people like me who wait.
  • Options
    slim1100slim1100 Registered Users 14 Posts
    I'm pleased to see there is some active work being done ... bring it.... and i truly hope it works better than the last one, aside from that, all thanks go to RR (CIE) for a fantastic game, there is no other like it. Job well done peeps.
  • Options
    soul dragstersoul dragster Registered Users 4 Posts
    I'm looking forward for the update cuz, I can't play since the new update (june 30). I hope you fix all the bug and errors, because the loading progress when you start the game sux.
  • Options
    AKUMANO ZAKUMANO Z Registered Users 36 Posts
    ALL HAIL CIE!!! ALL HAIL CIE!!!
  • Options
    dallah01dallah01 Registered Users 5 Posts
    So this issue for last three days
  • Options
    VENOM650RVENOM650R Registered Users 3,319 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n338829] You can however contact Customer Service to look into race issues. Please keep in mind, they most likely will not be able to help with general race issues, but they can certainly look into specific issues. [/QUOTE] I guess non-working launch or the lovely -12 error is not among those issues they R looking into it right .. !!? I lost many cars than I can't remeber just for those 2 errors .. 3 ZR1 many GTS and many others .. Spend xxxx amount of gems (yes 4 digits number .. I know that U can check my account so if U don't believe me go and check it) just to install parts on time .. U know why ..!!? Cos when I install them and the delivery time ends .. The game crash and once I reopen the app the parts wasn't upgraded .. Is this an issue they might consider or look into it ..!!? I don't like to be annoying like I don't like fake promises .. I had faith on U guys once but all I've for from U R ............. Well it's better not to mention it .. I can't believe that RR will be better (for specific users) than what it used to be .. But again who cares for my believes .. Don't worry Rysst .. Many of the ancient players and true supporters for Racing Rivales who get ................... by UR (as CIE) glitches and errors wouldn't event bother to complain about their lost or asking for individual compensations .. And I think U know why they don't ..!! I hope things get better for users as it is for CIE ..
  • Options
    JonnyThreeWheelsJonnyThreeWheels Registered Users 657 Posts
    Hopefully I can play again soon :'(
  • Options
    MikeyChiMikeyChi Registered Users 13 Posts
    "Also what this means is that the update we had planned for Monday will again have to be postponed while we make the transition from Cie Games under Cie Studios to whatever our new name will be under Glu Mobile. For this we apologize. In the meantime, while we work through the transition, our dev folks will still working on fixing those bugs, it will just take longer than we expected." ....So your leaving your long time money spending players hanging while you take your time to figure out your game because profits are coming in from android and some iOS. If no profits were coming in, it would of been fixed in days. 1 MONTH in counting of not seeing my account. Release an update and fix issues you can't figure out later. If the hold up is putting a name on the graphics I'm sure it's an easy add on, don't see why the update needs to wait for something so small...
  • Options
    RawsRaws Registered Users 527 Posts
    And what about our customer support requests? I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks for a reply
  • Options
    Roel2377Roel2377 Registered Users 154 Posts
    I hope better graphics and sounds to actual Cars assurance well
  • Options
    Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    I just posted a thread about compensation. Good to hear it is actually in the works. Ever faithful but often frustrated Gav19
  • Options
    protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    So Glu is responsible for closing Nitto?
  • Options
    CHEVY4EVERCHEVY4EVER Registered Users 47 Posts
    Okay, so this may or may not be related to this thread... i am posting it here because i see Mr. Ryyst is actually being an active component in this thread. I am constantly getting the orange bar when in lobbys saying that my conenction speed is too slow. I am getting this when i am on WiFi and my current playing device and every other wireless device i have is running 50+ mbps. is this something that may be a glitch in the game and will be fixed with the upcoming update? I am not stressing about the update happening right now and not upset with CIE/GLU about this issue, just curious if it is something that might be a fix going into the game :) anyways, love the game and always have. I started a few months ago when bugs/glitches were a constant and still not going to complain outside of the glitcheyness with races and connection speed issues i seem to have... get this update out and fix what you can and continue to fix everything that happens when it happens and understand people may be upset with you but the more you work on the game and fix what you can when you can the more people will play and spend money!!!
  • Options
    CHEVY4EVERCHEVY4EVER Registered Users 47 Posts
    Thanks for the prompt response and letting me know I'm not crazy for always receiving it!!!
  • Options
    JrjrJrjr Registered Users 16 Posts
    Btw i still have all my accts
  • Options
    endz1130endz1130 Registered Users 12 Posts
    Well hopefully this means my support tickets will be answered and not blown off. I have had one issue fixed but the other one is being swept under the rug. My friends are also getting the runaround and we have all spent quite a bit of money supporting the game we love. I sincerely hope this will make for a good change. Glad they kept the staff and didn't clean house
  • Options
    RawsRaws Registered Users 527 Posts
    Whats with the turf events? Two single car events and r class? Talk about scraping the barrel trying to earn money, either change the events or people arnt gonna play
  • Options
    peak_performancepeak_performance Registered Users 54 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n338829]Hey all.

So as many of you know, the news broke out earlier this week that Glu Mobile Inc (www.glu.com) has acquired Cie Games. After reading posts here on the forums and posts on our Facebook page, it’s clear that there is some confusion and a lot of questions about what this means for us here at Cie Games and more importantly what this means to Racing Rivals.

First off, no, we did not just sell the game just to run off with wads of cash in our hands. Glu Mobile acquired the studio. This includes all Cie Games IPs and all the staff that work here. We are all now under the Glu Mobile umbrella. What this means for Racing Rivals is that our team will have more resources at our disposal and we will be able to bring the game to a wider audience.

Also what this means is that the update we had planned for Monday will again have to be postponed while we make the transition from Cie Games under Cie Studios to whatever our new name will be under Glu Mobile. For this we apologize. In the meantime, while we work through the transition, our dev folks will still working on fixing those bugs, it will just take longer than we expected.
    Until we get this update out, we will not be able to offer compensation for any losses on a wide scale. Once we have it up and running we can then discuss any forms of compensation. You can however contact Customer Service to look into race issues. Please keep in mind, they most likely will not be able to help with general race issues, but they can certainly look into specific issues.

Please review this post: http://racingrivalsforum.ciegames.co...stomer-service

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we make this transition from Cie Studios to Glu Mobile.[/QUOTE]
    So does that mean you all will be able to lower the price of in game monetary/gems and add some more cars that we could buy with RRC... I hope so.
  • Options
    CordellCordell Registered Users 23 Posts
    I still can't play and I'm a big payer don't y'all want some more money?
  • Options
    2000 SS Camaro2000 SS Camaro Registered Users 13 Posts
    Did Glu Close down nitto qnd i wish you guys could of made it where we could bring are cars from there to RR since some of us had over 10-15 cars that we worked hard to get. But this app is like good old nitto lol hope there isnt a money glitch like last time lol you guys keeep on doing what your doing. !!!!!!
  • Options
    ickillaickilla Registered Users 11 Posts
    To ryyst I love racing rivals always have not a huge fan of glu because of the engery bar I don't wanna pay to race I wanna race as much as I can with all my cars and hope that won't be integrated into the update or I will have no reason to pick this game up again am glade you guys moved on to big and better and so many people complaining about updates need to understand that it's like settling into a new house it takes time for things to fall back into place all I ask is fix the bugs when you can and please don't add that silly energy bar to this game and make is run smoother on 8.3 inch tablets like the LG g pad thank you again for all the hard work you've put into this game am looking forward to the update