FAQ for Samurai vs. Zombies 2 (frequently updated)

I love this game! Not a question, just an observation.
We are glad you like the game! If you want to show the world how much you like Samurai vs. Zombies Defense 2 go like us on Facebook. There you can also see concept art, announcements, and other fun things.

Help, something is wrong! How do I contact support?
If you have any questions about the game you are more than welcome to make a thread in our FAQ and Support forum. If you need to contact Glu Customer Support directly you can do so HERE.

Can my device run the game?
Samurai vs. Zombies Defense 2 requires iOS 5.1 or higher, and supports the iPad 2, iPad with Retina Display, iPad mini, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, and both the 4th and 5th generation iPod touch.

What is Power Rating?
Power Rating is a measure of all your accomplishments. Every battle won, upgrade purchased, collection completed, achievement earned, consumable used, and daily reward gained contributes to your Power Rating. Watch out though! Battles and collection items lost will lower your score over time, so be sure to defend when another player attacks!

What exactly is IN the Mystery Box?
Every Ally that you unlock when playing Samurai vs. Zombies 2 can be upgraded to a Gold Champion. Once you have acquired a Gold Champion, any time you summon that ally in battle there is a good chance that the Gold version will be summoned instead! The only way to unlock a Gold Champion, however, is as a prize in the Mystery Box. There are 21 Gold Champions in all!

So what exactly IS a Gold Champion?
A Gold Champion is a tougher version of the regular Ally, sometimes with as much as DOUBLE the health or damage output as the regular version of that Ally.

What are Souls used for?
Souls are used for launching multiplayer attacks! Every collection artifact that you attack has its own Souls cost, so any time your Soul Jar is full, consider attacking another player! Souls are collected in Single Player battles or can be purchased directly in the Store.

What on earth is a Zombie Head-In-A-Box?
The Zombie Head-In-A-Box is a rare item that completely fills your Soul Jar. The maximum size of a Soul Jar can be upgraded in the Store, so the larger your jar, the better the reward for finding this item!

Wow, the Daily Challenge is REALLY hard! Why!?
The Daily Challenge is a place to test your mettle against some of the most challenging enemies in the game. Depending on the Challenge, you might also be able to try out Heroes, Allies, or Abilities that you haven’t acquired yet. However, if you HAVE already acquired them, they will fight with any upgrades that you have already purchased for them! Finally, the first time each day that you beat the Daily Challenge, you will win a free Mystery Box!

How do I stop players from attacking me?
Upgrades! The Multiplayer side of Samurai vs. Zombies 2 is all about completing collections which enhance your entire game experience, including Single Player. Collections are acquired by stealing artifacts from other players, so frequent attacks should be expected. However, many collections grant you protection in the form of improved defenses, so the more you upgrade and the more defenses you have, the less frequently you will be attacked!

Can players attack me when I'm not online?
Your collections can be attacked at any time, and as long as you have Push Notifications enabled you will get a message whenever this happens. Once an artifact has been attacked, there is a window of time during which you can defend against the attack – and defending does not cost any Souls. Once the timer expires, the artifact status changes to Recover, which will allow you to get the artifact back from the person who stole it from you if they still have it. If they don’t, you can choose any other player to attack for that artifact.
Pro Tip: In the Power Ups tab in the Store, there is an upgrade that will extend the duration of the Defense timer so that you have an increased chance to defend all your artifacts.

What exactly is the Legendary Strike ability?
The Legendary Strike is a special ability that is used in Multiplayer. When you are attacking another player, your Legendary Strike meter fills up as your hero inflicts damage to your enemies. When the meter is full, you can launch one of four different abilities (the meter cycles through the four). When you use the ability, not only does it aid you immediately, but when your opponent is defending later they will be attacked by your Legendary Strike at the same elapsed time at which you launched it yourself!
When defending your Artifacts, you will periodically see a message that says “Legendary Strike Incoming!” This is your warning that the person who attacked you launched a Legendary Strike of their own, giving you seconds to escape the effect. You may build up and use Legendary Strikes in defense, but they will only aid your immediate defense and not be saved for later.

Charms are awesome! Where can I get them?
Charms can be acquired in a number of ways, including beating Boss waves in Single Player, picking up dropped presents during any mode, and as prizes in the Mystery Box!

I didn’t see my question answered here!
If you still have a question that isn’t answered here, please take a look in our Forums to see if the question has already been asked. If not, feel free to ask it!
Prev1

Comments

• dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    Hi glam. Quick question. I know about the attacking part but how does the defending work? Are players able to attack you when you are not playing the game or is only when you have your game open? Cheers.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    dilg2012 wrote: »
    Hi glam. Quick question. I know about the attacking part but how does the defending work? Are players able to attack you when you are not playing the game or is only when you have your game open? Cheers.
    Great question! We added the answer above under "Can players attack me when I'm not online?" Thanks!
    I see. So basically, someone can actually "storm" your house to steal from you. Hmmm. So does that mean while I'm here at work and my tablet is currently off, someone might already be ransacking my house, huh.

So will I see a timer when someone stole something from me? Do you have an idea how long this window is?

Anyhow, I would probably find out about later when I play my games. You know, the insomniac part of me that prevents me from sleeping early.

Let me try checking other stuff on the Android version of the game. I'll installing it in various Android OS systems and see what I come up with.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
    For this game, I am currently using an Android tablet with 4.0.4. 1.4 GHz Dual Core and 1 GB RAM. So far no problems.

I'm gonna check it with my tablets running on Android 2.2 and 2.3 and what comes up - performance wise.
    Hmm. Glam. Would you know where exactly would you know what collections you already have? Or is it based on the number of times you have already completed the collections?
  • King miechKing miech Registered Users 1 Posts
    How do you defend artifacts
    Honestly, most of the time I was doing more attacking than defending. However, you should get a notification that you are attacking and get the opportunity to set up for the coming of your opponent.

Need feedback on those who have actually defended artifacts.
  • FantaFanta Registered Users 1 Posts
    How do you play an earlier level? I've been trying to but when I get to the select level screen, all I can do is click next or back. Do I need to swipe or something? Haven't been able to so far.
    Fanta wrote: »
    How do you play an earlier level? I've been trying to but when I get to the select level screen, all I can do is click next or back. Do I need to swipe or something? Haven't been able to so far.

The option to play previous waves will be accessible once you complete wave 50. After that, when you go to the story mission, you now have the option to select waves.
  • nagoyahnagoyah Registered Users 100 Posts
    Fanta wrote: »
    It's indeed a bit more of a so-called b*tch to choose a level. If you, for example, like to replay #18 and then #46 it'll take you some tapping on the right or left arrow :)
  • hardeyboyzhardeyboyz Registered Users 75 Posts
    how do you choose you hero and allies lineup your defense when not online? are they been choose by default?:confused:
  • epopierrotepopierrot Registered Users 2 Posts
    i think there is a probleme with lvl of hero or i have spent to much in any options like lethargie. if you upgrade too much lethargie, this power speed up ennemys. and i think it's the same with life points hero. it's the same for tropper if you upgrade soo much this skill, the cloud tropper do anything. plz fix this bugs.
    For some reason, i do not notice that my lethargy or troop attack backfires at me.

Might as well check later.
    epopierrot wrote: »
    i think there is a probleme with lvl of hero or i have spent to much in any options like lethargie. if you upgrade too much lethargie, this power speed up ennemys. and i think it's the same with life points hero. it's the same for tropper if you upgrade soo much this skill, the cloud tropper do anything. plz fix this bugs.
    I am not entirely sure about this, but I did notice lethargy sometimes simply doesn't do what it's supposed to. I do have to mention, that the higher the power rating, the stronger the waves get. This might explain why your troop trample seems weaker. I would suggest putting a max on every single upgrade like we had on SvZ1, because unlimited is just annoying to be honest.
  • LloydValentineLloydValentine Registered Users 37 Posts
    I noticed the lethargy thing as well. I was said to myself, "is it me, or are the enemies moving much faster!" lol. Now, I no longer use it.
    At certain stages, I prefer using the troop attack or explosive cart. I would rather have my enemies dead than slow.
    At certain stages, I prefer using the troop attack or explosive cart. I would rather have my enemies dead than slow.
    I usually use lethargy for those pesky birds or to get behind enemy lines to finish off some healers or the music totems.
    nagoyah wrote: »
    I usually use lethargy for those pesky birds or to get behind enemy lines to finish off some healers or the music totems.

Yea, I do the same, because if your troop trample is not strong enough, it will just stop after it hits the totem, leaving the rest of the enemies alive. I'd rather run behind the big guys, kill all the archers, and the zombies who use their tongue and hair to keep killing my hand maidens.

The troop trample however, kills the last boss with one hit... so that is definitely a good time to use it.

Basically, I look at the preview of all the monsters of each stage. If there are any big guys, nix the troop trample.

Otherwise, lethargy is my fav. Especially when using lucky charm because I end up getting 1,000 and 2,000 souls on level 40+, which lets me keep playing multiplayer mode almost every 3 levels.

In this instance, since enemies are slowed down, I'm not getting attacked so much, especially when I'm required to use Kunoichi since her defense is so low. I'd rather do this than waste my time using up all my sushi plates trying to heal myself as I try to collect my loot =D
    What are "gems"? Are they similar to glu coins or are they different? Also, are they specific only to certain operating systems?
    What are "gems"? Are they similar to glu coins or are they different? Also, are they specific only to certain operating systems?
    I've read somewhere glu coins are called gems on iOS.
    Ok, if that is the case then not applicable to an Android user.
  • low9800low9800 Registered Users 1 Posts
    i have a question why does wave 49 seem to get harder everytime i upgrade my troops and also theres a glitch where when you defend artifacts vs spider lady boss app closes for the iphone 4 its annoying .
    @low9800

For the 1st question, I believe the game adjusts its difficulty based on the level of your troops and heroes.

For the 2nd question, it is a known glitch. As much as possible avoid the spider lady boss.
    @low9800

For the 1st question, I believe the game adjusts its difficulty based on the level of your troops and heroes.

For the 2nd question, it is a known glitch. As much as possible avoid the spider lady boss.
    It's not too hard to avoid the Spider Lady boss, indeed. As for the difficulty rising, that is in fact true. I was wondering why I got some upgrades and the game only seemed to get more difficult. Kind of ruins the 'use' of upgrades in single player, but oh well.
    I love the fact that 49 gets tougher! It gives me something else to strive for since the multiplayer mode is not as fun anymore. I played that board so many times and it got to a point where it was basically IMPOSSIBLE to beat! I love it!!! This makes me want to play the game more so I get stronger. It reminds me of svz1 where the more you play each stage the tougher it gets. However, I think the wave should let you know how many times you've completed each wave, as in Wave 49-7 and the like.
  • ktn122ktn122 Registered Users 1 Posts
    about the armor collection , if I collect 20 of them will I be invincible ?
  • suikia79suikia79 Registered Users 1 Posts
    May i ask the skill in power-up section, double coin skill, does that include double glu coins as well or just pure silver coins?
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    suikia79 wrote: »
    May i ask the skill in power-up section, double coin skill, does that include double glu coins as well or just pure silver coins?

Pure silver coins.
  • BlackJackChelaqueBlackJackChelaque Registered Users 8 Posts
    ktn122 wrote: »
    about the armor collection , if I collect 20 of them will I be invincible ?

Nah, after you collect it three times, or any of the collections except tea and sushi, the rewards switch to coins or glu credits/gems on a rotating pattern. I think it goes 3 glu credits, 1 glu credit, 3500 coins, 3000 coins, repeat, repeat, repeat.... or something close to that.
  • hbearnbdhbearnbd Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hi Glam,

When I try to defend my item in multiplayer I get the error message: Unable to retrieve opponent information. The only option I get is return to store. I have to wait till the time runs out and spend souls to get the item again from someone else. Not sure if this is a glitch. Running off S3 android device.