Options

Gamespy account preventing facebook login! HELP!

someGUYwithADHDsomeGUYwithADHD Registered Users 52 Posts
When I try to log-in to facebook(Through Brotherhood), I get a "save conflict, Please sign out to continue"(message) and it asks me to log-out.(I dont have a choice.) Afterwards, It shows the Gamespy Login button as grey(I can't click it), and underneath it says my login name in white(I'm assuming that means I'm logged in to gamespy). The problem is, I dont have any friends on Gamespy, and tons on Facebook.

How do I log out of GameSpy, so that I may log into Facebook and get all my friends?

UPDATE: If I go on Facebook(computer) and remove gun bros 2 from my listed apps, THEN log in to gun bros 2 on my phone.... I get 2 friends in the brotherhood. BUT... the same problem persists!

For now, everyone add me on gamespy! someGUYwithADHD (gmial)
YES.... I REALLY have A.D.H.D., why is that so hard to believe?

"A man who makes no mistakes, is a man who does nothing at all." -Favorite Quote

Comments

• Options
    nvblumnvblum Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm having the same problem. When I first started playing gun bros 2 I logged in with my Facebook account, leveled up, bought a few guns, completed some levels, etc. A few hours later I played gun bros 1 and completed some challenges. I had logged into my game spy account on gun bros 1 so I could play the multi level games but had never logged into gun bros 2 with game spy. Now when I try to load gun bros 2 it automatically loads up through my game spy account and I have no explodium, no purchased weapons, and I am back on level 1. When I try to log in with my Facebook account it makes me sign back out of Facebook because the save files are different between my Facebook account and my game spy account. Gun bros 2 won't let me sign out of game spy and play on my Facebook account.
    Playing on nexus 7 android
  • Options
    TotallyNotSteveTotallyNotSteve Registered Users 221 Posts
    Hey folks! TotallyNotSteve here! Let's see if we can work through this before the first commercial break!

(I don't know. Sometimes I just say things. I'm sorry.)

First and foremost, when you're launching Gun Bros 2, make sure you have an active Internet connection of some kind. Gun Bros 2 automatically saves your progress when you're connected and logged in, and the issue you're describing sounds like a case of mismatched data... but it seems like you knew that already, so I probably sound pretty silly right about now. Anyway, while I can recommend a possible solution, it has the possibility to mess things up for you.

Let me just reiterate that: ATTEMPT THE FOLLOWING AT YOUR OWN RISK!

From your home screen, open your Applications menu and tap "Settings." In the window appears, find "Applications" (or "Apps," in some cases) and select Gun Bros 2 from the list.

WARNING! WARNING! POINT OF NO RETURN APPROACHING! HERE THERE BE DRAGONS! ONCE AGAIN, ATTEMPT AT YOUR OWN RISK! NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS!

Tap "Force Close" on Gun Bros 2, then tap "Clear Data." When you relaunch, you should either be prompted to log in, or you'll be presented with the "Select Your Bro" screen. (In the case of that second option, you should see a little button on the floor between the Bros' feet. Tap it.) When prompted, select the option to log in via Facebook.

Hopefully that will help you out. Really, though, seriously... attempt it at your own risk. I'll check this thread periodically for updates, and I'll do my best to answer any questions you have.

(Hey, look at that, we made it before the first commercial break!)
  • Options
    Thanks for the response! I'm scared to try it, for I have a lot of time put into my character. Not to mention my irrational fear of dragons! Is there any way to back up my files before i nuke the game?(By nuke, I mean clear cache or whatever) Someone try this and post your results... please!?!?!?

"A man who makes no mistakes, is a man who does nothing at all." -Favorite Quote
  • Options
    I followed your steps but gun bros 2 still started up logged in to game spy (where I don't have any saved progress). When I try to login to Facebook where all my saved progress is, I get the save conflict error still. Originally I started playing gun bros 2 when it first came out for android. After playing for a couple days (logged in only through my Facebook account) I played gun bros 1. After playing gun bros 1 I played gun bros 2 again, but now it automatically signs me in through my game spy account which I had created to play the multi player levels on gun bros 1 and the game won't let me sign into Facebook because of the save conflict error and it won't let me sign out of game spy. I even tried to change the password on my game spy account so that gun bros 2 couldn't sign in any more but game spy was bought by ign and you can't sign in with your game spy account info on ign.
  • Options
    I finally got gun bros 2 to login to Facebook without getting the save conflict error. I put my tablet into airplane mode before I started gun bros 2. Make sure the game is completely closed first ie. don't have it running in the background. Let the game completely load then turn airplane mode off. The game will start up not loaded into GameSpy or Facebook. Click on brotherhood and select login to Facebook. I didn't get all my progress or weapons back but that's probably because I screwed it up trying other options first. Hope this works for everyone.
  • Options
    KeithDudeKeithDude Registered Users 1 Posts
    I had same issue and didnt want to clear my data. And airplane mode didn't work. Instead i went to facebook on my pc and went to account settings and removed the gun bros 2 app from the apps list. Went back to game it promted for me to install the app on facebook. I accepted it and when the main menu loaded everything was good to go. NO LOSS IN LEVELS OR MONEYS.

ANDROID 2.3.4 Motorola Photon 4G
  • Options
    I tried this a couple times. It did'nt do anything BAD to me, but nothing good either...
    I'm interested in trying nvblums strategy/fix. although gun bros 2 started a download thats taking forever... (Bug fix? Update? YAY)