Putting on a new device and still having progress

shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
Here I am all alone in this original Gun Bro forum, but old habits die hard! lol I was curious about putting Gun bro on my tablet that I recently got. I read the sticky you had on changing devices, and for some reason, it didn't work for me. I am using the same google play store email and all, but when I installed the Gun Bro on my tablet, it had me at the very beginning, when I am really at rank 178. It also did not have my items, which I own all of them, so that was a BIG let down. I wouldn't mind starting over if I had my guns and armor at least, but it's a little too pricey to start over again, especially when each gun has been upgraded to gold. Do you have any answers for me other than telling me to just keep playing it on my phone? lol I would love to take advantage of the MUCH bigger screen in using the tablet, so if there is any way possible to get my stuff transferred, I would LOVE to do it. They are both android devices, so I am not trying to switch over platforms. I'm just trying to go from an LG phone with a 3 inch screen to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with a 10 inch screen. I hope you can help me........... Thanks.
A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:

Comments

• FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Gun Bros (the original) is old by now. There are no built-in saves for it via the Google Play store, some titles have a different path for you to accomplish this and this line of games (Gun Bros, Contract Killer , Big Time Gangsta to name a few) require that you have played while connected to Facebook.

technically the game is not saving anything on Facebook, it is using your Facebook identification to recognize the game progress on our servers and if you never activated Facebook on that device where you are level 178 then this game is not saved anywhere but on the local device where it is played.

I have done exactly what you did and was able to continue my game, the only difference is that I login to my Facebook account on both device when the game starts and i have been doing it from day 1 on the main device when i started playing it.

Hope this helps.
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    I was connected to Facebook when I played. So if I log into Facebook on the new device, then I should get my progress and weapons back????
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    That's the ticket. Please don't be happy clicking through menus without reading (we have seen horror stories when impatient players end up with nothing just because they don't read the pop up messages).

When the game detects a save, it will ask you to restart and then will present you with 2 options to choose between "online" and "device" for saves, you want the ONLINE one and it should give you an idea on level and currency with that choice.
    YES!! That was the ticket. I got it and all my progress! I am a very happy camper now. Thanks. I've got all my progress/weapons/armor, etc... .Thanks a bunch....
  • msb5599msb5599 Registered Users 21 Posts
    Sorry need help....
    Gun bros 1 not work hang on loading
    msb5599 wrote: »
    Sorry need help....
    Gun bros 1 not work hang on loading
    Are you referring to the Gun Bro original (1st) or the Gun Bro 2?
    Do you mean should i play one of them?
    I'm not quite understanding what you are asking msb. Could you clarify what you are wanting to know please? And hopefully I will be able to hep you with it. Thanks!:D
    shanny wrote: »
    I'm not quite understanding what you are asking msb. Could you clarify what you are wanting to know please? And hopefully I will be able to hep you with it. Thanks!:D
    I can't play gun bros 1. After i install gun bros 2 ( i can't login to facebook on gun bros1)
  • Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    msb5599 wrote: »
    I can't play gun bros 1. After i install gun bros 2 ( i can't login to facebook on gun bros1)

I don't think a game can interfere with another like that. You mean you can't sign in to the facebook app or just on the login of Facebook on gun bros 1?
    IMG%5D