Options

Ronin/Iron Wall Defense Strategy

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
Patience and a good defense is the key here. And of course the ronin has the highest defense in the game. Those who use the quick and fast methods have some flaws: running out of steam or not being able to catch up to a highly fortified defense. The idea of this strategy is to build up defense to prevent the offense of the opponent then do a counter attack.

Key units here are those with high defense and staying power: the Samurai Warriors, Zato, Nobunaga. Skip the archers and focus on "tank" units. Another unit to have is a priest to heal your units. You can also include the assassins as part of your attacking party thereby being more rounded, but this will divide what you want to do: stay alive and wait until you have the advantage against your opponent or they run out of gas.

You can choose Lethargy to level the playing field if they used it on you. Or the mass troop - building it up for a good all out attack. My mass troop skill already has 15000 damage. Just stay alive, wait for it to be full and see the defense of your opponent disappear. Mind you cavalry and archers have lower defense.

For charms, use either the peace (focusing on defense) or power charm (offense).

Leadership should be maxed out. Sushi plates and Tea pots are necessary to keep your troops alive and give you enough resources to replace your dead ones. Make sure you have a Zato or Nobunaga in the front lines as this helps you keep the defense strong. Also strengthen your other defenses and the shrine.

Comments and feedback welcome.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.

Comments

• Options
    hardeyboyzhardeyboyz Registered Users 75 Posts
    how to choose defensive unit? how to know you are being attack? i didnt receive any notification state that ive been attack.. my point is now 10k..
  • Options
    LloydValentineLloydValentine Registered Users 37 Posts
    Very nice strategy! I'm only biased to ronin because I spent all my glu coins on him thinking there was no way he could lose lol. Man was I mistaken! I didn't realize how good Kunoichi could be!!!! I mean, I read your other threads about strategy but seeing it in action is another thing ha! I really wonder how the Sorceress would fair against Kunoichi???
  • Options
    Mind you i dont have the sorceress yet. If it is a battle between Kunoichi and the Sorceress, I am looking at these hypothetical scenarios.

Kunoichi will have a high chance to win if it gets to freeze and stall the scoceress with bombs and lethargy and the troops then get to swarm on the hero and does not give it a chance to recover its troops. A very high risk manuever here is to quickly get to the hero, freeze her and kill her before she sets up a good defense. I suggest lethargy, bombs and troop attack should be a good skill line up.

Sorceress will have a high chance to win if it sets up either an "hard wall" or "artillery-archer" defense before the opponent. Then slows build up and advance. I cannot tell how the skills of the sorceress would be part of the strategy. But one thing I do know. The sorceress heroes I have faced are deadly when you are far from them. I think I highly armored Ronin may have a better chance of surviving.

Mind you these are possibilities. Comments welcome.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • Options
    LloydValentineLloydValentine Registered Users 37 Posts
    dilg2012 wrote: »
    Mind you i dont have the sorceress yet. If it is a battle between Kunoichi and the Sorceress, I am looking at these hypothetical scenarios.

Kunoichi will have a high chance to win if it gets to freeze and stall the scoceress with bombs and lethargy and the troops then get to swarm on the hero and does not give it a chance to recover its troops. A very high risk manuever here is to quickly get to the hero, freeze her and kill her before she sets up a good defense. I suggest lethargy, bombs and troop attack should be a good skill line up.

Sorceress will have a high chance to win if it sets up either an "hard wall" or "artillery-archer" defense before the opponent. Then slows build up and advance. I cannot tell how the skills of the sorceress would be part of the strategy. But one thing I do know. The sorceress heroes I have faced are deadly when you are far from them. I think I highly armored Ronin may have a better chance of surviving.

Mind you these are possibilities. Comments welcome.

which heroes does the sorceress have? the 3 we use? or different ones?
  • Options
    immortalitykingimmortalityking Registered Users 11 Posts
    hardeyboyz wrote: »
    how to choose defensive unit? how to know you are being attack? i didnt receive any notification state that ive been attack.. my point is now 10k..

+1 i would like to ask same question as you.
    i do have sorceress, like dilg said sorceress would be fearsome opponent when she's far away from you since she is range type, so your chance to win is get to close to her as soon as possible ofc the only character i can think of is assasin, but dont forget quickly use flash bomb before she use soul burn or your character will not move same as flash bomb on assasin+your hp will drain so fast and finally explode before you know you're die even if you use ronin and armor strengthen at max lvl doesnt affect at all, overpowered indeed. well it doesn't surprise me since you need extra money to buy sorceress.
  • Options
    Let me put in some additional feedback to the sorceress hero.

1. Other than it being a long range caster, I have no idea what its main skills are. I can deduce it is similar to the kunoichi in terms of defense. It may not be have speed higher than the kunoichi but I would think it has strong long range magic projectiles - similar to the handmaiden. Although the samurai and kunoichi also have projectiles, the samurai's is explosion-based while the kunoichi is poison-based.
    2. The sorceress, like all other heroes, has no specific allies. I can use any of the allies you are able to unlock. The handmaiden, however, seems to be the most logical of its ground forces. Like the assassin for the kunoichi and the samurai warrior for the ronin.
    3. Like most heroes with long range attacks and high speed, low defense is their weakness. If I want to kill a sorceress, I will use either a samurai on horseback or the high speed kunoichi. I will either use the power or haste charm. The skills to use will be for the samurai (slash, lethargy and reinforcements) and for the kunoichi (smoke bomb, lethargy and reinforcements). Build up leadership to setup starting units. Wait for smoke bomb or lethargy to be maxed then charge immediately to the hero. get up very close and use smoke bomb/lethargy. then followup with a high level reinforcement (the amount of leadership it has determines how many units you can summon - the allies you chose; I can summon up to at least 20 units). Then just keep the units coming and alive with the sushi plate. Of course, when dealing with a long range/speed hero, your advantage is setting up faster and attacking it before it gets to set up a defense/offense.