Ashigiri/Farmer Phalanx Method

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
Another method i use is this one that uses farmer units and the swordsmith. Infantry based strategy with a couple of tanks to boot.Leadership should be maxed out. Normally I use the Ronin for this one. Focus on collecting the tea pot and sushi plate collection.Armor collection is also good.

The mainstay units should be the swordsmith, farmer on stilts, farmer and rocket farmer. I suggest using the haste charm. Focus on improving the stats of the farmer and farmer on stilts. Include Nobunaga or Zato in your lineup. In addition to lethargy, the summon reinforcements skill would be very useful.

RONIN FARMER PHALANX

Start off with tea pot and summon swordsmith and keep churning farmers. Use lethargy to slow down enemies and buy you time to replace dead units. Use ronin skills for support as well. Nobunaga or Zato should be your tank units. Keep the ronin nearby so that it can kill flying units. One disadvantage with this strategy is the walking lanterns when they get past you.

SAMURAI FARMER PHALANX

Start off with tea pot and summon the horse (if you have) and swordsmith. Use lethargy to slow down enemies. Keep samurai near the middle and back so you can chase any quick units that get past the phalanx. Keep replacing dead units and keep leadership high. Have reinforcement skill ready in case of emergencies and use sushi plate only when needed.

Comments and feedback welcome.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.

Comments

• hardeyboyzhardeyboyz Registered Users 75 Posts
    play using this method.. and finish lvl 50 easily.. should have been added play as zombie like previous version...

my strategy is to start leadership from lvl 2 and upgrade manually from battle progress.. never using pot or sushi.. allies choose is farmer lvl 10.. handmaiden lvl 5.. horse lvl 5..rocky tman lvl 5 and either priest/shield samurai/panzer.. yet i rarely need the 5th slot..except for lvl 48 and 47.. for spell i choose troop trample lvl 1 and explosive cart lvl 3.
  • LloydValentineLloydValentine Registered Users 37 Posts
    hardeyboyz wrote: »
    play using this method.. and finish lvl 50 easily.. should have been added play as zombie like previous version...

my strategy is to start leadership from lvl 2 and upgrade manually from battle progress.. never using pot or sushi.. allies choose is farmer lvl 10.. handmaiden lvl 5.. horse lvl 5..rocky tman lvl 5 and either priest/shield samurai/panzer.. yet i rarely need the 5th slot..except for lvl 48 and 47.. for spell i choose troop trample lvl 1 and explosive cart lvl 3.

yea I had the similar strategy. I never like using tea pots or sushi during the story mode. I did use one revive on board 29 since I totally neglected to level up Kunoichi and she was just waaaay too weak to handle that stage. However, if I had used my teapots though, it would have been a walk in the park.
  • nagoyahnagoyah Registered Users 100 Posts
    yea I had the similar strategy. I never like using tea pots or sushi during the story mode. I did use one revive on board 29 since I totally neglected to level up Kunoichi and she was just waaaay too weak to handle that stage. However, if I had used my teapots though, it would have been a walk in the park.
    I personally remembered SvZ1 was a piece of cake with just swordsmith and farmers maxed out. Perhaps a frostie for the range. I noticed thats quite different in this part. Its still what I use though; Konuichi, farmers, swordsmith, frostie and nobunaga as the 4th panel, since I wasnt sure what else to pick thats actually usefull. I saved up to buy an extra skill for my heroes, and added troop trample, lethargy and now flash bomb, the assassin skill. This has gotten me through most waves, but I must admit I did use some revives, specially in the waves where the Ronin or samurai were required or if I rushed in too eagerly for dropped items with the assassin, lol.
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    I have so much sushi plates and teapots that I just had to use them. Good feedback. I would try your variations as well.

Thanks for your feedback.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • LloydValentineLloydValentine Registered Users 37 Posts
    nagoyah wrote: »
    I personally remembered SvZ1 was a piece of cake with just swordsmith and farmers maxed out. Perhaps a frostie for the range. I noticed thats quite different in this part. Its still what I use though; Konuichi, farmers, swordsmith, frostie and nobunaga as the 4th panel, since I wasnt sure what else to pick thats actually usefull. I saved up to buy an extra skill for my heroes, and added troop trample, lethargy and now flash bomb, the assassin skill. This has gotten me through most waves, but I must admit I did use some revives, specially in the waves where the Ronin or samurai were required or if I rushed in too eagerly for dropped items with the assassin, lol.

yeah, now that I look back, I didn't realize how useful the smoke bomb would become. Didn't realize you could level up how long the freeze lasts. This would definitely have made things much easier. I nearly threw my tablet out the window trying to beat this baord lol!!!
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    That is both a blessing and a curse. There are cases BOTH of you have lethargy and smoke bombs and happen to cast them BOTH at the same time. In this case, the clear winner is the one who can summon/maintain his/her troops.

If it is a matter of rock-paper-scissors, the only way to nulify an opponent with a high level reinforcement is someone with a high level troop attack. Similarly, someone can neutralize an opponent who casted a troop attack with a reinforcement.
  • Miranda234Miranda234 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    The Phalanx Method simulates the rigors retro bowl and tribulations of the world's best heavy infantry—the Greek hoplite—by implementing barbell-based strength training along with weekly endurance challenges that will test your mind, body, and spirit.