Options

Some suggested steps to do when Android version is lagging/cranky

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
While playing CKZ2, there are times that I have encountered some unusual lags in the game or when the game actually does not seem to run. I am listing down some of the specific troubleshooting steps I did to make my game work. You can also try checking the technical/FAQ page should these suggestions do not help.

Most of the steps I have listed are for the Android version and these are what I have done with my game. I am not sure how this would be for the iOS version. When I get my new Android phone, I plan to check how it fares. I welcome other steps that worked in your own respective phones/tablets. Comments/feedback from iOS users are welcome to.

For your information, I used the following devices to run CKZ2:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 (Android 2.2, 512 MB RAM)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab P3800 (Android 4.0.4, 1.4GHZ Dual Core, 1GB RAM)*
- Generic Android Tablet (Android 4.0.4, 1.2 GHZ Single Core, 512 MB RAM)**

*Default device. No major game issues so far. Game installed January 2013.
*Additional. Fairly good but suddenly not working. Uninstalled. Game installed February 2013

UPDATE: Rearranged recommended steps

1. Check this first when the music of the game is playing but when you get to the map you cannot select the missions/menus. Click the back button then when it asks you if you would like to exit the game, click "No". For some reason, the game starts to work again. This has been happening lately with my game.

2. Turn off wifi. I do notice that the game runs and loads faster if you have wifi turned off. I believe the times you would need the wifi is for the daily mission bonuses and updates on the games discounts and repopulating additional missions (after you have finished the last story mission). I do suggest turning off the wifi before the starting the game.

3. Check if you have the updated software for your device. It works quite well with Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). It is quite slow if you use Android 2.2 (Froyo). I haven’t tried it yet with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), 3.2 (Honeycomb) and 4.1 (Jellybean).

4. Clear the cache and close unnecessary background programs. I do note that CKZ2 does need enough resources (particularly RAM to play well) and having 1GB RAM is a good thing. When I feel the game is gonna be slow, I turn off the device. Then I clear the cache/close unnecessary programs before starting the game. Having Android Assistant helps since you are sure to close all unnecessary programs when you use it. Use Android Assistant to close all background apps, quick boost and clear the cache.

5. Force close CKZ2. Make sure wifi is on. Open another glu game like Gun Bros and make it run. Exit that glu game then try reopening CKZ2 with the wifi on. For some reason, this takes a while and I can somehow make CKZ2 work again. Do not uninstall the game – you will lose all of you game data. Also avoid playing the game on two devices with the same gmail account. This tends to screw up your glu credits and game.

6. [Need to further validate/test] Create a backup of CKZ2 using Android Assistant. Start the reinstallation of CKZ2 using the backup then immediately force close the installation. Go to Google Play Store. Reinstall the game from the site. You will also be asked to download the additional files. When you open the game, it should work properly and you should still have your game data. This forces the game to update itself as well as the resource data. Note this will take some time. I have only done this once – by accident.

7. Clear the cache and data files of Google Play. Reopen Google Play and sign in with your email when required. Open CKZ2 from Google Play.

Note that there might be device specific issues that prevent the game from working. Also check if you have the most updated Adobe Flash for your device. For those using Ice Cream Sandwich it should be: Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.48. Click this link for the updated file if you have problems updating via Google Play: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1848508. Look for : Alternate download Link - 11.1.115.48

Worst possible scenario is that the game has the problem or is corrupted and that the only option is to uninstall/reinstall the game.

Comments and feedback welcome. Please no spam.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.

Comments

• Options
    lotzilotzi Registered Users 4 Posts
    It just doesnt want to run anymore at the end ol level 27, i finished all the missions story, there are 3 common missions left and the game its just not responding...
    Any sugestions ?
    dilg2012 wrote: »
    While playing CKZ2, there are times that I have encountered some unusual lags in the game or when the game actually does not seem to run. I am listing down some of the specific troubleshooting steps I did to make my game work. You can also try checking the technical/FAQ page should these suggestions do not help.

Most of the steps I have listed are for the Android version and these are what I have done with my game. I am not sure how this would be for the iOS version. When I get my new Android phone, I plan to check how it fares. I welcome other steps that worked in your own respective phones/tablets. Comments/feedback from iOS users are welcome to.

For your information, I used the following devices to run CKZ2:
    - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 (Android 2.2, 512 MB RAM)
    - Samsung Galaxy Tab P3800 (Android 4.0.4, 1.4GHZ Dual Core, 1GB RAM)*
    - Generic Android Tablet (Android 4.0.4, 1.2 GHZ Single Core, 512 MB RAM)**

*Default device. No major game issues so far. Game installed January 2013.
    *Additional. Fairly good but suddenly not working. Uninstalled. Game installed February 2013

1. Check if you have the updated software for your device. It works quite well with Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). It is quite slow if you use Android 2.2 (Froyo). I haven’t tried it yet with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), 3.2 (Honeycomb) and 4.1 (Jellybean).

2. Turn off wifi. I do notice that the game runs and loads faster if you have wifi turned off. I believe the times you would need the wifi is for the daily mission bonuses and updates on the games discounts and additional missions (after you have finished the last story mission). I do suggest turning off the wifi before the starting the game.

3. Clear the cache and close unnecessary programs. I do note that CKZ2 does need enough resources (particularly RAM to play well). Having 1GB RAM is a good thing. When I feel the game is gonna be slow, I turn off the device and clear the cache/close unnecessary programs before starting the game. Having Android Assistant help since you are sure to close all unnecessary programs when you use it.

4. Click the back button then when it asks you if you would like to exit the game, click No. For some reason, the game starts to work again. This has been happening lately with my game.

5. Force close CKZ2. Make sure wifi is on. Open another glu game and make it run. Exit the glu game then try opening CKZ2 with the wifi on. For some reason, this takes a while and I can somehow make CKZ2 work again. Do not uninstall the game – you will lose all of you game data.

6. [Need to further validate/test] Create a backup of CKZ2 using Android Assistant. Start the reinstallation of CKZ2 using the backup. Immediately force close the installation. Go to Google Play Store. Reinstall the game from the site. You will also be asked to download the additional files. When you open the game, it should work properly and you should still have your game data. I have only done this once – by accident.

Note that there might be device specific issues that prevent the game from working. Worst possible scenario is to reformat the device or uninstall/reinstall.
  • Options
    dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    What device and OS are you using. What steps have you already tried?

There is a quirk in my game where you need to press the back button and when it asks you if you want to exit, click No. Your game then becomes responsive.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • Options
    lotzilotzi Registered Users 4 Posts
    Ty very much... i did as you said....its ok now, i have a samsung note tablet...
    Thanks again !