Feedback on CKZ2: Melee Weapons

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
Here is my feedback/review on the Melee weapons in CKZ2. Do not expect a review on the infamous baseball. There is nothing useful for me to say about the weapon.

Melee Weapons
Most Powered Up Weapon: Chainsaw
Recommended: Black Katana

Ancient katana - The best melee weapon unless you have enough to buy the chainsaw. It is the same as swing speed of the black katana but only twice its power. If you are willing to get the daily bonus 15 times consecutively then you will be able to get the black katana

Black Katana - Get this weapon when you avail of the daily mission bonuses for 15 consecutive days. You need to be connected to wifi when you complete the daily mission to get the bonus. The survival mission is counted. It has a killing power of 80 and has a fast swing rate. It is no different from the Ancient katana. Only difference is the power.

Fireman's Axe - If you don't have the katanas this is a good replacement for the bat. For 40 glu gold, not bad. Higher damage but not that fast when swinging (compared to the katanas).

Chainsaw - the melee weapon with the highest destructive damage. Reminiscing Ash from the Army of Darkness movie and the Texas Chainsaw massacre films. See those zombies reduced to a pulp with this weapon. At 1100, there is no other melee weapon that compares to this. Also, it does not seem to run out of gas - which is good when you are out of ammo. But that would be a rare case, since with weapons that you buy with gold (300 range) have enough ammo to last you until the next ammo refill. Just having the .30 Lightmachine gun, Annihilator and Streetsweeper is enough for you to finish a regular mission.

Unlike the katanas, the Chainsaw has one flaw - the weapon does not allow it to be swung quickly side to side like a sword. Normally, you just have it running in front and stick it at the zombie. You swing left to right and zombies go bye bye. Only the stronger zombies like the security guards get a slim chance of damaging you before they die. Is this a good weapon? Yes, as long as you don't use it against a Bomber or Spitter (unless you are suicidal). I haven't tried it against a Smasher powered up with a damage boost.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.

Comments

• 0275134802751348 Registered Users 16 Posts
    Although I can't get the updated version (v2.0) in my country, I know there are some new features and upgrade for the melee.

Black Katana upgraded to dmg 150

Fireman's Axe added "hack n slash" skill

Ancient katana added "instakill" skill

Does anyone try the new special skills???
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    I haven't yet. I just played a couple of the missions today. I really like the update!
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    Nice feedback, 02751348. I will be getting the update this weekend when I go home to my parents place. Yes! I will get decent wifi after 5 days.

Hmmm so the black katana is no longer different from the ancient katana but the ancient katana has a skill not found in the black one. I'll need to check that once I get the update.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • palangkarayapalangkaraya Registered Users 39 Posts
    Ancient katana still the best one for me
    What I do see is that when you use the ancient katana, there is a chance that you can kill a zombie with one stroke.
  • palangkarayapalangkaraya Registered Users 39 Posts
    I haven't tried the chainsaw, but looking at the statistic of both weapons, chainsaw is slower but deals more damage, opposite things with ancient katana
    Yeah, katana is for speed, chainsaw is for power. Damage boost on the chainsaw is instant kill for a Smasher.