Any errors/bugs encountered in game when updated to CKZ2 2.0?

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
Have any of you encountered errors/bugs in the game after updating to CKZ2 2.0?

For my current game before the update, after loading and going to the map to select missions, the screen is unresponsive and I cannot select any of the missions or options. When this happens (all the time), I just press the back button and when I am asked if I would like to exit the game, I select "No". After that, I can now select the Shop icon and missions. I am going to check if this still happens after updating the game.

In the meantime, I will be using Android Assistant to create a backup apk of the game so that if anything happens, I will try to revert to the old version. Hopefully I would not have to do this.

Comments/feedback welcome.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.

Comments

• FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Hi dilg,

Do you have to root your device to use Android Assistant like Titanium or it works without root?
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    If you do encounter any errors in the new update, mind if you can share what device and operating system you are using? Cheers.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
    Hi Francis, the device doesnt have to be rooted - not sure or confident on how to root a device anyway. Android Assistant works like a task manager in your device and from my knowledge does not root the device or change anything in the device. Just download the app and use it right away.

I use Android Assistant to clear up my cache and close background applications. Also, I use the backup function in the tool to create APK backups of my apps/games. This way I don't have to be too reliant on internet connection.

However, it does not create any backup of resource files, thus for CKZ2 and similar games, I still need to connect to wifi to get the updated resource file. Hope this answers your question. Cheers.
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Thanks dilg, that sounds good! we always look for interesting tools to help users avoid sticky situations on their device. This looks like a good candidate. We will check it out.

Thanks again!
    You are most welcome. Android Assistant is a free and smiple app that works on Android 2.2 and up. You can create a widget where you can close all background applications before starting any glu game.

I am going to review the useful apps in my device and see what apps other gamers (Android version) can use.

We do however need someone knowledgeable in iOS since I don't think I can be much help on questions with the iOS version of CKZ2.
  • palangkarayapalangkaraya Registered Users 39 Posts
    dilg2012 wrote: »
    Have any of you encountered errors/bugs in the game after updating to CKZ2 2.0?

For my current game before the update, after loading and going to the map to select missions, the screen is unresponsive and I cannot select any of the missions or options. When this happens (all the time), I just press the back button and when I am asked if I would like to exit the game, I select "No". After that, I can now select the Shop icon and missions. I am going to check if this still happens after updating the game.

In the meantime, I will be using Android Assistant to create a backup apk of the game so that if anything happens, I will try to revert to the old version. Hopefully I would not have to do this.

Comments/feedback welcome.

AsamSulfat here dilg. Your issue is exactly the same with mine long ago, brought me to my breaking point and decided to quit the game. I came back in the game few days ago.
    The bug is still there. When you reach the menu, you cant select any missions or the icons. It works only after pressing the back buttion and selecting "No". As long as you can play the game and you dont lose progress that should be enough.
  • QuisutdeusQuisutdeus Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hello - not sure if this qualifies as a bug. In version 2.0 - the "Goals" menu lists a goal specifying to "kill three crows", yet I haven't been able to find any crows after nearly a full day playing (sad, I know). Another forum thread elsewhere mentions this issue amongst several users, with one response on that forum saying the the crows can be found on the "death bodies" in the outdoor arenas. This would explain the paucity of crows in my own experience, since there is a veritable dearth of "death bodies" - that is to say, not one single dead (aka "death"?) body - throughout the entire CKZ2 game running on my iPod Touch 4th generation. Clearly the crows residing within the CKZ2 on my iPod have been forced to stage a "strike" at the sheer lack of carrion sustenance on offer. Although, somewhat curiously, I am still able to hear them "cawing" somewhere invisibly in the background, as if taunting the game-player, perhaps in the hope of persuading someone to convey their protest at the dire insufficiency of rotted flesh, by reporting the matter on their behalf to the game's authors. It is my sincere hope that this post will serve to that end.
    I do see crows in my game.im using the android version. Normally i find them in the open area near the helicopter. I have used the rifle, macinegun and grenade launcher to kill them. The crossbow on the other hand is pathetic in killing the crows - yet works well on the zombies.
  • ArchBishopArchBishop Registered Users 5 Posts
    Hello people, I myself lost all 22lvl's plus all weapons & consumables purchased with my money for Glu credits & I mean everything.....all top end weapons purchased too!!! I'm mad as heck & the worst part is Glu Co. just says oh well we are sorry & too bad for you...And the game still won't start up so I wonder why Glu doesn't care about customers!!!
  • £Deeky££Deeky£ Registered Users 1 Posts
    My game keeps crashing when I select a mission online and offline I have an iPod touch so can u please try to fix it? It's been like this for a while now
    I believe I have had these issues in my last game. Although what I use is an Android tablet, may I suggest some points that you can use?

1. Check if you have the latest firmware version for the iPod touch.
    2. Clear the cache of your game. Then try to play the game with wifi on then with wifi off.
    3. Check if you can open the game from the Apple App store (please note that I do not have an Apple device and I am checking if this is something that is possible)

Also have you checked any of the troubleshooting steps for Apple devices?